Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:22:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 364694 times)
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2011, 05:58:36 am »

Who really wants to play a toon that is called the Masterbrater or means that?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2011, 09:48:07 am »

Maybe I can explain some of what I have seen when the naming violation is left unchecked. The server in a lot of ways seems to take on its own life. It has its own personality and its own maturity. Each guild on here has its own personality and its own maturity. The maturity and personality is based off of the people who compose each. At times in the past when naming violation or training were left unchecked the over all maturity of the server goes down. You see people coming on line and spewing all sorts of drama in ooc, cursing every other word, training, kill stealing and griefing in general. There are 2 things that I have seen that help the most in keeping the maturity level up the most. Naming violation and ninja looters. Keeping those two at bay adds a good 5 years to the server maturity in my opinion.

In the past when those things were left unchecked I have seen Hunter have to come in and do mass bannings. In one day I saw 17 people banned for warping. Hunter even had a post on the old old forums, (ez.makeforum.org). It is one of the few times he has ever listed names. Another time I saw nearly an entire guild banned for throwing an immature shitfit on the forums and in ooc.

It is always hard to see the benefit of preventative maintenance.

Kylok

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:44 pm »

Having come from the other side of the fence, I have to agree with Xiggie on this one. Honestly if you made an offensive name just for fun, then awesome - you had your fun.. but don't expect that toon to be your main cause it's against naming policy and *might* get banned. Yeah the rules might be a little stricter then some of us are used to (I live in pretty liberal part of California) but it's nothing we can't deal with. The toon Fapfap is history, Byronosaurus rolled another appropriately named warrior and I did as well (Ji'e'toh - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ji%27e%27toh#Ji.27e.27toh) phear_my_robert_jordan_references_=D. He's 70's now with a handful of AA's and nearly in the fighters guild.. another day or two and he'll be in the same place that Fapfap was at when he got deleted (self policing, we kindly asked Hunter and he said don't play it or delete it so we chose the latter so that we could at least still use the account). If you're a half way serious player on this server its not too hard to abide by the rules, or if you were ignorant of them for a time to fix the problem yerself, like a adult with your big boy pants on. When in Rome do as the Romans do, when on the EZ server, read the rules and don't piss Hunter off.

As a side note I think it should be mentioned that the vast majority of these inappropriately named toons are low level or very very early in progression (probably some idiot from another server who rolled a toon on EZ cause his was rebooting).

I still think the most mature way to deal with it is to inform said person that their name is in violation and gauge their reaction. If they get defensive report em to Hunter, if they're nice and ask what they should do tell them to reroll while it's still easy and they don't have to replace sets of gear and multiple epics >.<   

/flame off see you all in game =D I get a huge laugh out of seeing the terribad names that get posted here...

--Galadedrid Damodred of the Light--

Just remember... no matter where you are.... how old you are.... where you were at the time you checked the forum....
When you log in, Hatin' Trolls are coming for you! Yes oh yes they are, and they're hatin' from their cubicles and Basements!
But fret not! We have a spray for this!
mokaloka99

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »

I went out of my way and took your advice on that just for the hell of it.

Since I continue to see the 2 characters "Rubbingon Yourchildren" and "Caressing Yourchildren". I went ahead and messaged him about his name. I stated that it was an inappropriate name and you might get banned for using it.

His response was: "Wow i didn’t think anyone would have a problem with it, it is just a name." "They will have to deal with it".

Three days later and I am still seeing him running around the nexus/surefall.

I guess that is about the answer I expected. What I am getting at is that the type of person that would use a name like the above, probably doesn’t have that normal built in social common sense filter that most people over the age of 18 have. He is not offended by trashy names, he is going to be offended by the fact that someone is trying to make him conform to some naming rules. Players like this attracts other bad players and within 6 months the server is a cesspool. Ban the mentality behind that type of player.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:15:05 pm by mokaloka99 » Logged
mokaloka99

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2011, 05:26:58 pm »

Also to add another offensive naming violation to this list.

There is an entire guild named: "Bluntz Smokers" or "Smoking Bluntz" and most of the people i see in that guild seem to have names related to smoking weed. (dont know the exact name but will post a SS and email hunter soon)

Again, am I offended by this? No. I am sure half this server smokes weed. I spent 2 years of my early 20s partying it up and trying almost every drug. So no it doesnt offend me.

I am playing a Fantasy game though and I do not want to see idiots running around with drug references as their names. I get it you are cool and smoke weed. Keep that to yourself and your parole officer.

If we go by the naming convention of regular EQ then i highly doubt they would allow a guild named Blunt Smokers.
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:09 pm »

Guild names are created by Hunter, so I think knowns.
Kylok

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:03 pm »

Yeah drugs aren't addressed in the naming policy directly, though it is entirely up to Hunter as he's the only one who makes guilds. I'm sure that if you send Hunter an e-mail about both the blunt smokers and the pedophile that he will at the very least respond to your e-mail at his earliest convenience with his thoughts on the subject. I think we can all agree about Rubbingon Yourchildren being in violation of the naming policy, and props for being an adult and at least attempting to use adult avenues to solve a problem. If the guy's been report he'll be banned/name changed/deleted in time so I wouldn't fret over it. I straight up asked Hunter what to do with Fapfap in an e-mail and he said either retire him or delete him, that was the ultimatum and I'm sure it applies to everyone with a name in violation of policy. Concerning those who smoke blunts, I'd just mention it to him and ask whether it's in violation or not, if it is it'll be dealt with and if not... you can always turn off PC names =D.

--Galadedrid

Just remember... no matter where you are.... how old you are.... where you were at the time you checked the forum....
When you log in, Hatin' Trolls are coming for you! Yes oh yes they are, and they're hatin' from their cubicles and Basements!
But fret not! We have a spray for this!
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »

I am sure the pedo name will be dealt with quite quickly by Hunter as soon as he is made aware of it. That is super in your face violation.

The weed references, personally I wish it was not there. However, that is kind of a controversial subject, I am sure there is a large portion of the server who smokes weed. Myself? I smoked it, but have not touched the stuff nor allowed it around me for over 15 years. I guess I would say that is probably one of those iffy things, Hunter may or may not change it.

On an additional note, I have seen other guild names that were inappropriate. Hunter has not confirmed it that I recall but I believe he creates the guilds on the back end and just copy and pastes it. I could be wrong, but there was a guild name in the past that was very inappropriate and Hunter changed it quite quickly once he was emailed about it. It just seemed like a logical explanation. Hell I would not put it past Hunter to create guilds at a red light with his phone, lol.

Mootis

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:37 pm »

Maybe I can explain some of what I have seen when the naming violation is left unchecked. The server in a lot of ways seems to take on its own life. It has its own personality and its own maturity. Each guild on here has its own personality and its own maturity. The maturity and personality is based off of the people who compose each. At times in the past when naming violation or training were left unchecked the over all maturity of the server goes down. You see people coming on line and spewing all sorts of drama in ooc, cursing every other word, training, kill stealing and griefing in general. There are 2 things that I have seen that help the most in keeping the maturity level up the most. Naming violation and ninja looters. Keeping those two at bay adds a good 5 years to the server maturity in my opinion.

In the past when those things were left unchecked I have seen Hunter have to come in and do mass bannings. In one day I saw 17 people banned for warping. Hunter even had a post on the old old forums, (ez.makeforum.org). It is one of the few times he has ever listed names. Another time I saw nearly an entire guild banned for throwing an immature shitfit on the forums and in ooc.

It is always hard to see the benefit of preventative maintenance.

This sounds like there can be some confusing of correlation vs. causation here. Not necessarily saying that it is the case, but could be.

What I mean is that, say during these periods of time where perceived maturity decreases (let me point out there really isn't some objective way to truly measure the maturity level) it may not be the result of names, but rather you see more of those names because it is during a time when less administration of the rules is going on. So it's not like people make dumb names, and then from there start acting like douchebags, but rather it just happens at the same time and you wind up seeing more dumb names AND more violators of other rules because there has been less bansticks going out.

One may not be causing the other in any way, but rather they are simply correlated by the fact that less people are being whacked with the banstick. I mean, like I said, I really don't know for sure. I just know it's incredibly easy to confuse correlation vs. causation without even realizing it.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:27:54 pm by Mootis » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 16, 2011, 12:39:52 am »

Man I didn't want to get in a matrix debate with anyone, wow. Whether it is cause or coincidence does not matter. What matters is the two co-exist. It is not nearly as complex as what you're drawing it out to be.

ByronosaurusRex

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2011, 01:30:11 am »

Somebody just took Philosophy 120 last semester....
Mootis

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2011, 02:19:39 am »

Man I didn't want to get in a matrix debate with anyone, wow. Whether it is cause or coincidence does not matter. What matters is the two co-exist. It is not nearly as complex as what you're drawing it out to be.

Uhh, what I said wasn't at all complex?

Somebody just took Philosophy 120 last semester....

It's logic, not philosophy. In any case, I've never taken philosophy or logic classes. I thought this type of stuff was fairly standard knowledge, but I guess I'll just stick to mindless gibberish on these forums.
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 16, 2011, 08:24:38 am »

No I am not an 8 yr old but my 6 yr old son sometimes plays.

Your child gets worse influence when he visits your parents or going to the school than he does in this game. So try to tolerate it a bit. I presume you filter your sons air and scale humidity in the air to keep him safe as well? While we're at keeping children out of harms way, aren't you like visiting the forbidden garden of eden by just letting him play computer games at the age of 6?

Parenting 101 is a perfect book you need to read.

There is an entire guild named: "Bluntz Smokers" or "Smoking Bluntz" and most of the people i see in that guild seem to have names related to smoking weed. (dont know the exact name but will post a SS and email hunter soon)

And that is wrong how? You're against smoking weed, but you promote playing video games that are equally or even more addictive and have known prolonged issues with health than the weed you mention does.

Hypocrisy at it's best?

--
I really can't freaking believe it, it seems Xiggle is one of the few who have retained their sanity and report the "bad names", all others are like before mentioned nazi griefers who report anything THEY personally think doesn't belong in this game.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
caowen

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 16, 2011, 08:35:20 am »

I have parented 5 grown children of my own and now I am a treatment parent in a foster care setting. I refuse to be judged on my parenting abilities.. My 6 yr old son is not permitted to play ANY video games or watch any television without supervision.. As for Parenting 101 - it is written by someone that probably has never parented - I have almost 28 yrs of wonderful experience and have raised more than 30 kids that had parents that lost them because they were on drugs, selling or making drugs, or just flat out idiots.  I have raised kids that their parents just flat out didnt want anything to do with raising a kid.  ALL of my kids love me - even my foster children.. I am fun, not boring like most. I play sports with them, take them fishing, hunting, boating and even coach sports.  Oh yeah and I even play video games with them. When you reach the age of 50 and can tell me that you have made even a fraction of a difference in the lives of people and kids, I applaud you. I have Masters in Education and have also taught public and private schools for 18 yrs.  I have been a deacon in my church of 12 yrs. Served as a youth pastor and worked with kids most of my life.
caowen

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:32 am »

ALL of my kids are great kids - and the ones that are grown are great adults and parents because their mother and I watched out for them and taught them how to be productive citizens and responsible adults.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)