Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:20:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Cleric Heal Buffing  (Read 47247 times)
Balthor2
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 02:58:29 am »

Well if this is the idea thread for clerics I would personally scrap the T3 and T4 spell. T3 is meh at best and T4 is a buff that is cool but since it doesnt stack with shm and everyone has a shm or has access to one its a wasted spell.
Being that clerics are the prime EQ healer I would adjust T3 single target heal to be more mana friendly but not cheap enough to spam macro and I would modify T4 into a group heal.
Something like 15,000 pt base heal cure 65 counters. Of course mana cost is debatable. Hunter doesnt want these spells to be cheap and I dont want to see them spam macro'd but I also really hate the 25k-50k cost. I think thats kinda meh.

Not everyone has UC and the spell cost shouldnt be set with that in mind. I would aim to let the "average" (oracle50 on a cleric) player cast it 2-3 times before being oom. Lets you do your word of viv thing and every 20 seconds or so throw in the big heal to top everyone off.
At least that is how I view it.

Discuss?
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 01:38:47 pm »

The cleric 3.0 that has the 400% extra to healing spells is good for t1-t2, But there needs to be a Higher Teir vearsion of there spells (the ones we all use theres only 2 or 3 of them) that either drops from T2 or a stackable Focue effect to bring it up

TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

How about a group buff that gives all players in group a proc buff that is a scaled down version of the paladin epic proc? Could make it short duration and heal similar in range of a necro 3.0 pet proc. Possibly add a cure component and/or give the initial cast also act as a simple group heal.  Only downside is stackability but that's no different than druids.  This could help give an edge in melee centric groups for an otherwise undesired class.  Just a thought...
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 02:30:31 pm »

How about a group buff that gives all players in group a proc buff that is a scaled down version of the paladin epic proc? Could make it short duration and heal similar in range of a necro 3.0 pet proc. Possibly add a cure component and/or give the initial cast also act as a simple group heal.  Only downside is stackability but that's no different than druids.  This could help give an edge in melee centric groups for an otherwise undesired class.  Just a thought...

Terrific idea. +1

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 04:15:43 pm »

How about a group buff that gives all players in group a proc buff that is a scaled down version of the paladin epic proc? Could make it short duration and heal similar in range of a necro 3.0 pet proc. Possibly add a cure component and/or give the initial cast also act as a simple group heal.  Only downside is stackability but that's no different than druids.  This could help give an edge in melee centric groups for an otherwise undesired class.  Just a thought..

I like this idea also, if groupability is a concern, make it a fairly short duration so you would want to keep the cleric in the group.

Balthor2
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 04:18:54 pm »

Dont want another buff that has to be cast constantly. Because on this server that shit would last like 30seconds and I want to either see Krujos' idea about a upgraded focus of healing buff for cleric (anyone remember their old t2 bp?) or see t3/t4 spells upgraded to be useful heals.
Your idea is good but I just dont see it working out in a good way for this server.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 06:14:40 pm »

Make it the clicky off the epic then ... and continue to upgrade their spell line as suggested.

I'd put my 3.0 cleric back in my group with that effect, regardless of 1 min duration or not.  I'd happily alt-tab every 60 seconds and hit one button for that kind of effect, personally.
Balthor2
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 07:02:14 pm »

All they need is better heal focus buff or better heal that can actually be cast a couple times.
I mean holy smolly you seen the paladin t4 heal?
That shit makes me wet
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 07:43:25 pm »

My guilds breaking into T3 currently, I play a cleric in the group because the extra healing is nice and my pally doesn't have his T2 BP yet, plus DI comes in real handy.  Second named we killed dropped the cleric T3 spell, which i think nice.  With the epic focus, and oracle charm, this thing is practically a CH for the tank as we stand currently, the only issue is, that it's completely pointless for us due to it's cast time.  3.5 seconds it takes me to cast which is 3 combat rounds or so.

Like i said, we're breaking into T3 so our MT doesn't have 200k health, or anywhere approaching that, so 3 combat rounds of unlucky streaks involves a dead tank.  also, we have 2 pallys in melee procing heals, 3 combat rounds for them can be between 0 and 240k heals on the group.  The way things work currently with the vast majority of attacks on the tank being misses, and the ones that get through hitting like trucks, means mobs dps isn't very stable, it's spikey, as are pally heals etc.

Basically what this rambling comes to is, combat in eq1 is NOT friendly to slow casting DH as it stands, thats why CH chains were developed.  Things that help deal well with spikes however, are spells that take the edge of hits, stonewill for example, which decreases the damage by 35% while it's up, is an excellent heal(kinda) ability, and takes the spike damage down into managable realms.  Clerics do have a spell thats identical to stonewill, except it's much much weaker.  Panalopy of Vie.  Every time someone is hit, it takes 10% of the damage off, untill it's used up (2k or so).  I would propose that a much better T3 spell would be an upgraded version of this, which decreases the spike factor of fights.  If your going to keep the 25k mana cost, it needs to be a large amount, say enough to last about 20 seconds of combat absorbing 25% of incoming damage with a T3 named, and then something similar for T4.  This would make playing a cleric better since it deals more with the spikes, giving time for heals being cast to take effect.  Alternatively, give the T3 heal spella  cast time of 0.5 seconds, so when it needs to be cast you can actually get it in before the mob turns the tank into a pretty smear.

TL:DR - panalopy of vie upgrade for T3/4 or make cast time near instant so the heal is useful.
Balthor2
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:25 pm »

That is a good spell and worthless for this server.
It would need to be changed to absord 15percent to a max of 80000 to even be useful.
Best fix for the way this server is setup would be to adjust the T3 / T4 spells (which is only my opinion of course).
Cast time is really bad as you have said. See my previous posts for further.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »

Also a viable upgrade option.  Definitely a good idea to help smooth out the crazy melee spikes.  Only problem, this turns clerics into a buff bot.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

Bloods idea would be great for shamans, the neb idea would be good for enchanters. As for clerics, just cut word of redemption cast time to same as word of viv. It would make clerics viable again.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:36 pm »

Also a viable upgrade option.  Definitely a good idea to help smooth out the crazy melee spikes.  Only problem, this turns clerics into a buff bot.
Last time i logged my cleric in was just for the buff, pally's have almost made clerics obsolete.

Bloods idea would be great for shamans, the neb idea would be good for enchanters. As for clerics, just cut word of redemption cast time to same as word of viv. It would make clerics viable again.
And add counters for poison/disease/etc. to it, because iirc it doesn't have them currently.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »

But the fix isn't to "nerf" a class its to bring the other class up.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Balthor2
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 03:38:14 am »

But the fix isn't to "nerf" a class its to bring the other class up.
YES
wish more people would think like this.
We (players) fought really hard to get paladins made viable and now people are just "QQ NERF THEM" and I hate that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 208