Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Cleric Heal Buffing  (Read 47259 times)
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 05:01:35 am »

That is a good spell and worthless for this server.
It would need to be changed to absord 15percent to a max of 80000 to even be useful.
Best fix for the way this server is setup would be to adjust the T3 / T4 spells (which is only my opinion of course).
Cast time is really bad as you have said. See my previous posts for further.

I don't personally see an issue with it having a max of 80,000.  Infact i'd say thats a little low.  Something that has to be taken into account is that focus buffs probably dont affect the spell, so what it says it does, is what it does.  So yeah, it needs to be a large value.  Like i said, needs to be able to last atleast 20 seconds of T3 boss combat to be worth 25k cast.

As for cast time, I don't know what above T3 bosses is like, but i think if you decreased cast time on the group heal too much you'd see clerics be the new bards, where people injure themselves hitting the button so often.  My option of choice would be to lower the cast time on the single target heals, bump them up a little at the base, and say "pallys keep the groups alive, clerics deal with spike damage and keep your tank standing".
Balthor2
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 08:32:21 am »

Even with a max oracle on my cleric I wouldnt Gheal unless I had a couple more of my alt clerics in the same group with decent oracles.
Stuff hits hard and the gheal just doesnt do enough (WoV) OR in the case of (WoR) the cast time is so great I am leery of using it due to spike damage. It use to heal for more then it does but someone thought that was OP and it was changed about a dozen spell file edits back.

Single target heal isnt bad but stuff of late has been hitting near its max more often then not and getting in more tripple -> quad strikes so its the same issue.

Just what I have seen but I have never been a big fan of my clerics.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 09:36:29 am »

But the fix isn't to "nerf" a class its to bring the other class up.
YES
wish more people would think like this.
We (players) fought really hard to get paladins made viable and now people are just "QQ NERF THEM" and I hate that.

You Cant always Bring Balance to the game by just buffing 1 class up because it will brake another class then u bump that class up now you broke another class, Some times there are Good reasons to Nerf a class. Pallys are a good example of this 2 pallys with Oracle 41 and 3.5's is pretty much all you need for any fight. I box 2 pallys 1 cleric 1 warrior 1 monk and 1 ranger. and out of that group not one class is Balanced Ranger is prob the closest to being a Balanced class but if we up his damage wheres that leave rogs?. if we up monks dps wheres that leave rangers?. if we up clerics how are you supose to bring them in line when pallys are obviously the KING of healing really not many ways you can do it.

Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 11:17:06 am »

I think a cleric epic 4 clicky Panoply of Vie with 35% absorb until 400k or so absorbed would be a good way to start. Afterall, end game bosses are hitting very hard and fast. When SW drops, this vie spell would be significant, but still spent in less than 10-20 seconds.
They need their T3-4 spells changed in cost and casting time so they will actually get used at all. I favor a very short recast and casting time if mana costs will be as high as 20k+. Personally I think that is still silly high cost, because even if they were spammable short cast, a 10k cost would be prohibitive enough to prevent firing it as fast as possible with a macro.
Additionally, turning down the combat effects bonus the paladins get would introduce the possibility that their heals might not land fast enough, making a cleric a stable healer that can be counted on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:21:52 am by Kaldar » Logged
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:34 pm »

Additionally, turning down the combat effects bonus the paladins get would introduce the possibility that their heals might not land fast enough, making a cleric a stable healer that can be counted on.

Why does everyone wanna nerf pallies? =(

ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 12:09:05 pm »

Wouldn't an easy fix be to make the cleric epic 3.5 have a 600% healing buff and 4.0 have a 800% healing buff?
It may seem OP but if you think about the cast time that puts them on par with Pallys.  4k heal x 8 = 32k base every 3-4 seconds.

Pallys with 4.0s heal for that every second.

I would also like to see the cleric epics have a spell haste component such as 25% or higher if you can program it in.

This is a very simple fix and its attainable rather htan having to wait for a spell to drop you can progress to this.

As far as the t3 spells go if you are worried about spamming do not jack up the mana cost just put a cooldown on it.  Most games now do 1 big heal thats instant cast with a cooldown say 10-15 seconds then a bunch of smaller heals with no cool downs.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2010, 12:43:53 pm »

Not eve going to tell you guys about the T4 pally spell....

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:04 pm »

Not eve going to tell you guys about the T4 pally spell....

Uh oh. You've piqued my interest, Sir.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2010, 02:09:43 pm »

Its F'ing awesome =)

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:46 pm »

T4 Pally spell is a word of vivification type spell with ultra fast cast time and a bit of a recast timer. I forget what crab named it but its cool.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 02:14:20 pm »

What's the mana cost?

Bah... while you're at it might as well just spill the beans on the rest of it =P

I'd like to know what I'm working for to get my pally powerful enough to solo Hunter's nerf button finger.

Balthor2
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 07:13:02 pm »

Crab twoshoes will heal you
I love it
Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 03:08:09 pm »

don't mean to cause any trouble here. But my questions is why the cleric 3.5 epic clicky much worse than the pally clicky.. it's a 70k base heal every 5 min where the pally is a 150k heal every min i think? Idk maybe make the epic clicky a group heal and lower the recast time? 5 min makes it kinda of uesless imo. Just an observation, dont bash me!
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 03:15:59 pm »

don't mean to cause any trouble here. But my questions is why the cleric 3.5 epic clicky much worse than the pally clicky.. it's a 70k base heal every 5 min where the pally is a 150k heal every min i think? Idk maybe make the epic clicky a group heal and lower the recast time? 5 min makes it kinda of uesless imo. Just an observation, dont bash me!

I wondered the same thing when I saw that. I'm 3 pages away from getting my cleric 3.5 but when I saw the link for it in /ooc I've decided that the 3.5 will be on the back burner less I have some pages rotting.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Balthor2
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »

because clerics are a total shit class now?
Sorry dude, I like my clerics as much as the next but I have no reason, need or desire to log them in.
If xiggie doesnt bring a cleric to the party I just eat and rez.
Not wasting my computer resource playing a worthless class when I can just load in more dps
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359