Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:23:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Penultimate Charm  (Read 24629 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 08:45:24 pm »

So the rot bot should be removed? I mean what about the people who actually farmed their stuff the hard way? Some of these post,and yes I'm gonna go there,border on elitist attitudes.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 08:48:36 pm »

You normally add a lot of good insight.. as per your history of posting.

But now you just being a troll..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Aname
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 08:49:27 pm »

So the rot bot should be removed? I mean what about the people who actually farmed their stuff the hard way? Some of these post,and yes I'm gonna go there,border on elitist attitudes.

It wouldn't bother me one bit.  Out of all the toons I've run through T1, I've gotten TWO items from the rot bot.
As for being 'elitist', I think you are misinterpreting pride in hard work for elitism.
Aname
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51:02 pm »

ok guys, hash it out.  I'm off to bed now.  It's almost 3am and I have to be up at 8am.  RL sucks sometimes.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

I might be, I guess I was due..it happens.

I just feel like you guy pounced on this guy for no good reason other then because you thought he was asking for an easy UC. When in fact what he suggested has nothing to do with your UC. 2 lvl 50 combined doesnt equal a UC.

edit:spelling,I cant type as fast as I think !
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »

The UC is still the UC.  Combining two charms does NOT get you everything the UC does, for one the UC has A LOT more HP.  Yes a Paladin with Oracle+Sorc is pretty uber but still doesn't get the HP from Guardian or haste from Brawlers...

Again, it takes nothing away from the difficulty or the "prestige" of having UC (lol even though I'm sure 50% or more of the UC on the server were just bought with money).  Many things have been made easier over time on this server,  such as rot bot and Dragon armor and hell even Instances.  Hunter has said many times that when the next Tier/epic level comes out he likes to make the previous thing a little bit more accessible.  The "prestige" of being the first person/guild to reach the highest level is still there.  It takes nothing away from that to make the previous "tier"/etc a little easier (though AGAIN this doesn't really make it any "easier")...

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:21 pm »

The UC is still the UC.  Combining two charms does NOT get you everything the UC does, for one the UC has A LOT more HP.  Yes a Paladin with Oracle+Sorc is pretty uber but still doesn't get the HP from Guardian or haste from Brawlers...

Again, it takes nothing away from the difficulty or the "prestige" of having UC (lol even though I'm sure 50% or more of the UC on the server were just bought with money).  Many things have been made easier over time on this server,  such as rot bot and Dragon armor and hell even Instances.  Hunter has said many times that when the next Tier/epic level comes out he likes to make the previous thing a little bit more accessible.  The "prestige" of being the first person/guild to reach the highest level is still there.  It takes nothing away from that to make the previous "tier"/etc a little easier (though AGAIN this doesn't really make it any "easier")...

Good post,well said. Even tho I could go either way on this. This suggestion doesnt take away from the pride factor. And actually would benefit your alts,noobs and everyone else without taking anything away from your accomplishment. The work still has to be put in to get UC,the exact same way you did. Easier? Yea I guess it would be,but like the quoted post says,its happened many times on this server and once T5 come,its gonna happen again in some form or fashion.

I mean we all know this aint gonna happen. Hunter doesnt have time,or of it does it be way on down the road. I just think you guys misconstrued what he was suggesting.

PS: Walk next time use the Suggestion forums !
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

Read through this and combining 2 charms doesn't make sense.
IF Hunter were to consider this the reasonable halfway solution would be to combine 4 level 25 charms for a "penultimate" charm. Then you could just use the cyan stones to upgrade that charm to UC. From a coding perspective that would be the easier way.

Grind LDoN to get charms to 25, combine to get penultimate charm, farm HoH for stones and then make it so its 4 cyan to upgrade instead since you are upgrading all the charms at once.

I think the charm system is fine as it is now. But this is my 2 cents on this discussion.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 04:06:29 am »

While I don't think you should be able to combine any charm at any level to come up with some penuwhatever charm doing some sort of 4 x 25 charms and making a superior charm is a good idea and was even mentioned once before by Hunter. Even combining 2 lvl 50's would be a pretty cool idea. But I think it should come at a cost. Once you combine them, you can't upgrade them any more. It is payment for getting the earlier cheaper version. This will allow earlier combinations without cheapening the value or diminishing the accomplishment of the ultimate charm.

Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:39 am »

Working as intended.... grind for the UC, buy the UC stop trying get a new item.

Hunter has lots of plans going on atm for the server... play have fun.
UC and the new Range slot quest item are there to make you grind for a great item when you complete them. 

Leave it alone.

Get the 1600 red stones you need to make a UC
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:18 am »

I don't mean to invalidate anyone's effort in gaining a UC by suggesting an easier route, but man... I sure would love to see level 2-25 charm recipes added to HoH.  It would get me out of the way of new folks farming LDON, and give me something to do with my box alts.
ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 12:55:53 pm »

Just adding another point of view but I agree with Xiggie that if you did this it would have to come at the cost of not being able to combine them any further.  Such as you combine 50 sorc and 50 oracle and thats it for the item. 

Where this would be nice is for your pally/sk alts to have sorc/oracle but dont need the same HP as your MT warrior or w/e you use in your group.

I understand it takes away from the others and it does make it easier on the new people coming through but that is how every game goes.  Everything is easier over time and previous content trivialized.

Doubt it will happen but just another point of view.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 08:52:42 am »

Wow..I guess I just needed to vent on something haha. I've never been a troll before and I don't think I liked it ! Sorry if I seemed a lil harsh /hugs

But on a side note,it helped the hell outta my post count haha!  Cheesy
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 03:42:28 am »

The only workable option I see is having the possibility to combine four lvl 25 charms, and using a purple stone (which is basically the definition of 4 cyans) to upgrade that Penultimate charm by 1.
That would mean only 26 recipies need to be added - one for the four charm combine, and then 25 combines eventually resulting in Ultimate Charm.

The benefit of this is that you'd have a multi-purpose charm earlier.
The drawback of this is that you have to grind all 4 charms to 25 (and not higher), which will put you behind on power compared to being able to have 50 sorc and/or 50 oracle earlier in the game.

It's up to Hunter, really, but to me this would not take away the charm (heh) of having an ultimate - and like people said, the ldon grind's the hardest part anyway, and for this solution you'd need to get that out of the way first - the rest are just Avatar kills (100 cyans * 16 reds per cyan = 1600 kills, not counting the occassional orange or yellow or Shadow kills).

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Funny

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »

Yeah, wanted to jump off the end of the world when I got my UC.

**Edit** O wait, I did.. =(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:24:46 pm by Funny » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081