Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:51:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Fighters and Casters Guild Instances  (Read 15060 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 01:28:51 pm »

Hunter,

I think it's fantastic that you have created all the instances.  A lot less bickering than when I was here a year ago.

The suggestion I have is to do with the guild instances for the FG and CG quests.  These quests are a fairly early effort for a lot of people starting out on the server and I think the cost of instances is a little heavy with that in mind.

If a guild were to open up instances for all of the zones to complete both Fighters and Casters Guild quests, it would cost 1.6 Million Plat at 100k per zone, not including LDoN for the cards or Trakanon for the Idol.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a single waypoint that provides an instance for all of the zones for one price (hopefully lower than 1.6 million plat).

I welcome any discussion of this idea.

Brokyn

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

The idea behind the guild instances was so that veteran players would be able to go to those instead of having to go to the public ones. This frees up the public ones a little more for newbs. Though I am sure it does not free them up completely, it is a hell of a lot better than it was before. It was never the intention of the instances to be a place for newbs to be able to afford them, thus the 100k price tag.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:15:58 am »

Kind of like a 24 hour pass to any zone instance?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:35 am »

I approve of this product and/or service.

Heck, a personal three hour pass would already be nice - you'd be able to do one full rotation of all spawns needed for FG/CG, maybe two. Make it cost 100k too, and I'd probably pick that option more than having a single zone. Add a personal pass for all zones for 300k for 24 hours, and you have yourself a winning deal - you could pop the current going price for a kit, you'd still have to kill all the mobs yourself so it is still a large timesink, and it would free the public zones even more for those up-and-coming.

I say personal pass, because having it guild/group would make it either too easy to farm kits or too expensive to buy the instances for those that actually need them themselves.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:58:18 am »

ok im not playing so long on this server lets say 3 months or something i think.
And i was saving for 100k to buy an instance for guk.

what still leaves me in getting the other items without the instance.

If there would indeed be an instance way of doing all quest mobs at once i would gladly pay 100 k for that for a certain timefram

Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:54:55 am »

The amount of time is up to you, of course.

I would think that 6 or 12 hours would be enough time for 6 toons to get FG and CG done if they had access to all the zones needed as an instance.

Brokyn

Curry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

The amount of time is up to you, of course.

I would think that 6 or 12 hours would be enough time for 6 toons to get FG and CG done if they had access to all the zones needed as an instance.

Brokyn
Waitwhat? You expect to get every lguk item and such to drop in max 2 respawns?

In 6-12hI would consider myself lucky getting as much as two FBSS, far from 6.
Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 09:13:28 am »

If you plan to get all 6 toons FG, then you need 6 FBSS.  I'd have to think that some of your balanced group would be casters though...

Curry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 09:15:02 am »

Oh nvm, the idea is you could get instance for each toon. Kk then.
I was just apalled by the misconception that someone would think they can get the stuff to drop every 2nd respawn.
Brokyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 09:24:10 am »

No, still a guild instance...  12 hours gives you 24+ possible spawns of all the needed mobs...  That should provide opportunity for several toons to get through the quest.

Brokyn

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 09:37:00 am »

Yes, but I'd still be more prone to have a single pass for a single character for a number of hours, more than a group pass for a number of hours, because the main reason the guild instances are so expensive is because there's a theoretical unlimited amount of people that could benefit from the instance.

Otherwise we're trivializing the quest or making it unacceptably expensive for all but the select few rich buggers.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

I don't see what's wrong with the current FG / CG quests... When I did them on my first chars, I was broke obviously and it still took only a limited time to complete... nothing hard in it.  As for Guk items, just get in the line and you'll end up getting the items.

Or you can farm some gems (velks) and just buy the freaking FBSS or mith 2hs.  In velks with a 2.0 epic you can probably farm at least 30k / hour with most classes.
Pimpn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 08:54:30 am »

Here is an idea..
Make a custom zone with every FG/CG mob in it
guild instance it 250k for 6 hours or whatever

maybe put random DTs in there or some other surprises(little gangs of gnomes running around, etc)

IMO this would be fun

hmm now that i think about it.. this would probably severely damage the FG/CG selling market
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 11:56:30 am »

The camps can be hit or miss.  I have walked into Herbinger or Ghoul Lord, he was up with the weapon, kill-loot-gate.. total time 10 seconds...  Other times I've spent forever trying to get a dang Lumpy Goo heh.  Not sure I dig the changes to Naggy/Vox, but I'm lucky since I still have a stockpile of those items from before.  Like when I killed Vox on a double drop weekend and got like 6 Rites staffs lol..   Anyway, if you put in the time you'll get your items.  I've done both CG and FG about a dozen times and never used instances, just have to be patient, if one camp is taken then wait in line and log on another toon to camp a different one etc...

Storm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »

Bottom line is, if FG/CG quests seem too boring... EZ is not for you.  Because it's not even 1% of the boredom induced by later content (wink wink t3/t4).
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187