Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 07:20:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Transfer Charms  (Read 31498 times)
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »

Thanks Hunter.. you made it all make since.

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:42 pm »

Thanks Hunter.
stales

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 03:19:23 am »

Please don't make it tradeable only from paladins I got one rotting on a second warrior that I made when they was the best DPS.
With all the other classes revamped you nerf the warriors as the best DPS so I would like to get the UC off that warrior.

STALES
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 03:42:06 am »

i guess some people will start selling them soon lol

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 06:05:49 am »

Yeah I beg of you to reconsider allowing the trading off of toons no longer what they were.  Such as my wizard, he just isnt doing the dps I want and the charm would be much better on one of the melee dps classes.  Maybe make the window of opportuinity for a few hours?  I dunno.

Poop
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:27 am »

Time to piss on the parade!

Honestly, I don't think this should be done. Everyone rushed out to build entire armies of the overpowered class, knowing full well it would get the nerf stick up the tailpipe. If people rush to gear up 'hax' characters, then they should live with one that is on-par with the rest of the world once it becomes normal again.

Alright kids, you can "/toggleragebomb on" now.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 07:56:24 am »

Heya Hate,

I was thinking of you when I saw this picture:

<3

-Clevitsj

PS: I agree with you. An UC on a character should never be a waste. Wanting to switch it to a different character just means you think that character could be OP with it, which means that'll get the nerfstick soon, etc etc etc. If you think your UC is wasted on the paladin, petition to give paladins a bit more power, dont petition to get the UC switched to the next OP class. Charm trading is only going to lead to grief, issues, and people buying UC's for PP's. Personally, I'll probably go on p99, track down a few old school players and offer them cyber for charms, if this goes through  Cheesy

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:03 am »

I don't know of anyone who'd give up an UC for plat unless it was like 50 million or something and they were set for the rest of their EZ lives on buying augs and stuff. Transferring of charms is not just giving players a chance to take them off a previously OP class, it's giving new classes higher playability. The changes are great but what good is the DPS on a monk if you have a sorcer's rank 1 with your 4 icestrikes and 2 ninjastrikes? Who wants to play their monk in that situation over, say, an UC paladin? Who wants to spend ANOTHER 6 weeks farming an UC for the monk just so they can be useful?
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 10:23:59 am »

Transferring of charms is not just giving players a chance to take them off a previously OP class, it's giving new classes higher playability. The changes are great but what good is the DPS on a monk if you have a sorcer's rank 1 with your 4 icestrikes and 2 ninjastrikes? Who wants to play their monk in that situation over, say, an UC paladin? Who wants to spend ANOTHER 6 weeks farming an UC for the monk just so they can be useful?

I have to agree, giving us a chance to switch UC or charm from any toon is a chance to be set with the NEW CLASS BALANCE ! we made our charm and UC according to the old setting, but now there is a looooooooooooot of change and thats cool, because now class are more balanced, but if we want to get a benefit from those change, we have to get them the right charm or UC, and all the people who worked weeks and month on getting there charm / UC dont really want to do it again ... it already was a pain to get, so if you want to see people playing rogue, monk ... let them get UC or Charm from any of there toon and put them on any of there toon, give us the chance to make our new set of toon and we will all be happy and play all the new class and enjoy the new class balance Wink
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 05:07:56 pm »

I'll benefit from being able to transfer charms, and for that I'm grateful. But I think we should see it as a gift from Hunter. We all had the benefit of those charms on an OP class (some more than others, for sure). Let's cut out the whining.

BTW, some people also need to learn to use periods. Commas are fun, but there are other punctuations available! It'll make your posts a lot easier to read.
Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 05:21:04 pm »

I know you can set it so that accounts can be flagged as logging into a FV server(so you can have your GMs able to trade items for instance), might be able to do it like that just for paladins.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »

I'll benefit from being able to transfer charms, and for that I'm grateful. But I think we should see it as a gift from Hunter. We all had the benefit of those charms on an OP class (some more than others, for sure). Let's cut out the whining.

BTW, some people also need to learn to use periods. Commas are fun, but there are other punctuations available! It'll make your posts a lot easier to read.

well english is my third language so just dont look at all the fault i can make, because i dont for people that doesnt speak french ...

And for what you said, he burned several hours on farming charm, we had to choose on which toon we are going to give charm depending of the power he had, did you made an UC on your beastlord or you berseker ? for sure no, because before the class balance, they simply sucks ... so yea, it was better to put UC on war, pal.

And too bad for you if you wish to play any other class thats sucks, you had to play a powerfull class or you cant reach high end game, but now you can ! so its a great chance to play the class you love, and its a wonderfull thing to be able to give this class the UC you made from you other toon you didnt wanted to play but you where required to play ...

Dont know if you understand, if you dont, i can write everything in french with the right punctuations, and without any fault, but i doubt you get a good translator to read it ...
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »

N'hesite pas d'essayer, quand-meme.

(I know the punctuation is off - I am working on an Irish keyboard and am too lazy to find the right things for it atm)

I played an enchanter, and still play an enchanter, where it's still considered mostly just a buff bot by most. (This will change, with the boosts we got and the option for crowd control)

Got her to 4.0 epic without ever having to pay $$ for it, by virtue of hard work and even harder cybering Tongue

If you find out first which classes are "required" for progression, you're already setting yourself up for the nerfstick and should take it like a man/woman/android/other.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 05:49:16 pm »

And for what you said, he burned several hours on farming charm, we had to choose on which toon we are going to give charm depending of the power he had ... so yea, it was better to put UC on war, pal.

Warriors haven't been nerfed. Paladins have, but will be able to trade their charms. Everything is fine. And if Hunter decides to allow Wars to trade UCs, then great!

Let's all be grateful for what we receive.

As for your English, as a third language it is still better than some others for whom it is their only language. In fact, you probably understand grammar better since you learned French first  Wink I'm not mocking your ability, but giving a tip that a lot of people can use to better communicate.
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »

If you take the direct route to consider nerfing, then yes, warriors were not nerfed. However, they are only marginally the best tanks around, stonewall is the only thing that helps at all and paladins get that too. Warriors were still good for being by far the best AoE DPS. Berserkers and druids are better now on that front as well. Warrior DPS is pathetic compared to the rest of the classes now. I am for making them able to be traded from all classes. Letting people situate themselves to be able to play any class they want rather than trying to pick maybe one or two cases to pull them off of is what the point of the changes were. Not many people have more than 1-3 paladins sitting around with UCs on, and paladin healing at least still makes them useful to groups.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)