Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 03:50:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: All in favor for old exp  (Read 31668 times)
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 11:57:19 am »

Well, since roa is gonna be a pain. Hunter, why not make 2 new zones that are group or guild instanced only. have the zones with the old bonus xp and charge the 100k to get in. or why not charge more.
bozac

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »

Well, since roa is gonna be a pain. Hunter, why not make 2 new zones that are group or guild instanced only. have the zones with the old bonus xp and charge the 100k to get in. or why not charge more.

or just make CoM/PoF guild instanced,, its getting crowded in there now that everyone's there thrice as long.

i know pof is already instanced, but i would prefer guild instanced

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK
Myleene, Pal
Bozpal, Bozrog, Boznec, Bozmnk
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 04:24:43 pm »

Wow... wow... wow....
PoFire is instanced??

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:19 pm »

Wow... wow... wow....
PoFire is instanced??

Yes, public instances just like LDON.
sowilorune

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 10:04:21 am »

Signed.

As a new player, I do not see the point of the XP reduction other than increasing the already blaring gap between new and hardcore players.  

Grinding AA's for my mains has become like molasses, and I do not even see the point of trying to RoA (or making a druid/war combo for the PL).  

Responses to Arguments made in favor of the change:

1.  "Old players will quit because there is nothing difficult."

The timing of this change does not support this argument.  T5 is brand-spanking-new and no one has yet gained a 5.0 or farm status of T5 gear.  Considering how new T5 is, this argument does not make any sense: T5 will keep vets going for a long time.  Those of us wanting to reach T5 one day, however, now face a much longer and rougher road ahead of us than the path previously trekked.

2. "RoA needs to have more bragging rights!"

This argument would make sense if Hunter made a 'new' RoA with higher stats to reflect the massive increase in difficulty that goes into obtaining a RoA.  Veteran players already have RoA on several toons and had to do approximately 1/2 the work to obtain the item.  

In reality, the only thing about the RoA that has changed is how difficult it is for a new player to acquire the item.  No one cares or is going to respect a person simply because they have a RoA -- it's not like a drooling epic sword; it's a ring slot item.  Again, there is no increase in prestige or scarcity of the item - those who already have RoA have devalued its importance already.

3. "Well, just add instanced CoM/PoF zones."

This argument ignores the problems the exp nerf has caused for new players without PLing toons and combos.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hunter, please consider reverting exp back.  The current change poses major obstacles for new players and defies any equitable principle.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:09:45 am by sowilorune » Logged
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:40 am »

Extremely well written post

Thanks Sowilorune. As someone with hardly any need for RoA (All-caster group), I still feel annoyed by the entire situation. If ever RoA becomes useful for casters, I probably still wouldn't do it, simply because of the same issue I have with the Assassin's quest: It takes too long, and the benefits would be circumstancial at best.

The only one of my team that could benefit from RoA and the ranged item anyway would be my enchanter, who with a full set of t4 and both items could possibly live long enough getting wacked on to get a mez off. Maybe.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 10:38:08 am »

Signed.

As a new player, I do not see the point of the XP reduction other than increasing the already blaring gap between new and hardcore players.  

Grinding AA's for my mains has become like molasses, and I do not even see the point of trying to RoA (or making a druid/war combo for the PL).  

2. "RoA needs to have more bragging rights!"

This argument would make sense if Hunter made a 'new' RoA with higher stats to reflect the massive increase in difficulty that goes into obtaining a RoA.  Veteran players already have RoA on several toons and had to do approximately 1/2 the work to obtain the item.  

In reality, the only thing about the RoA that has changed is how difficult it is for a new player to acquire the item.  No one cares or is going to respect a person simply because they have a RoA -- it's not like a drooling epic sword; it's a ring slot item.  Again, there is no increase in prestige or scarcity of the item - those who already have RoA have devalued its importance already.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hunter, please consider reverting exp back.  The current change poses major obstacles for new players and defies any equitable principle.

This is getting ridiculous. Seriously, the way you have worded this post makes it seem like exp rate went from 10x to 0.5x
The gap between new players and veterans will always be large, you know why? BECAUSE THEY ARE NEW! The server has been up and running for years.... I say again, years. How can you honestly expect someone who just fires up EQ, finds EZ on the Emu server, and starts to play be anywhere close to someone who's invested time here? That is a laughable statement at best.

Grinding AA's is like molasses... Again, seriously? Have you never played live? Ever? Take this exp rate with the same weapons you'd get from places Dulak and remove the regen from epics. Tell me how slow AA's come buddy. The gear alone here allow you to pull sizable amounts of mobs at once, and burn them down with the quickness. Can't do that? Maybe it's because you are new. Maybe you haven't invested that week or two of casual playing to get up to PoDragons or higher.

You know, you are right. No one respects an RoA 100, or the person behind it. Whether its a purchased item or earned through grinding the hell outta EZ, it's just an item. Just a plain old 25k ring, with 100% stun resist, 300ac, 100 to all stats and resists, and much much more... Nothing special. Oh and as you mentioned, JUST A RING. You are high off your rocker my friend, if you think a RoA is just something to shrug off. That is one of THE BEST items in the game, and you know what makes it better? Do ya? The fact that it is "Just a Ring". An accessory that is good is rare, and accessory of that caliber is not even heard of.

The current changes pose a major obstacle. You have to play for a whole five days now to get to 70, instead of a single afternoon or so. Heavens no! Instead of "wasting time" on gearing whatever char you are now, because it seems pretty apparent it's not a generally good early class (war, cleric, monk, etc..) create a new character. Make a warrior, box a cleric, and play through to level 70. From there I have seen on nearly occassion entering PoTime, someone killing the 1.5 mobs. BAM! Gear for 70 handed to you with no work done on your part.

At this point you can either do LDoN, for armor cards and such, make some PLing toons, work on 1.5 epic, MAKE SOME FRIENDS that are also new, work together to accomplish tasks. Last night alone, just doing some 1.5's for my toons in PoTime, I made over 100AA for 6 toon group. Yes I have a little better gear, yes I have boxes.... but it's because when I was having trouble with something, I took a step back to content that was a bit easier and ran it into the dirt until I was ready for the next step.

Back to the 'Making friends thing". It is very very hard to come to EZ alone, and not able to box, and with no friends, and expect to get really anywhere. I got where I am now because I came to EZ with 3 or 4 friends, made a whole guild full upon playing for a bit, and geared up with all of them. Even though Ezry, Aaralynn, Gencat, Balthor, and I don't talk anymore doesn't mean I don't appreciate the work they did for/ with me. We had a falling out, but during our time together we just what I said. Played together to accomplish tasks.

/rant off

P.S. Seriously, make a War. Send me a tell in game. I will get you to 70.

Also, sorry If i offended anyone. But seriously.... seriously

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 10:52:16 am »

Another well written post

Dammit Reed. Stop making me go back and forth.

I suggest putting xp at x1.75 or x2, which is more than what it is now, but which is still a lot less than the 4x it was, and the 2.5x it came from.

Still a step in the direction Hunter sees the server, not as big of a nerf (2.5 -> 1.1), and then Hunter can still tweak it down later bit per bit if he thinks it's necessary.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 11:41:05 am »

RoA is now fixed with the exp "fix" and new players can now get full suits of gear before out leveling their zone which will help them to survive the next zone.

Look at P99, I swear their exp was like 0.1x back when I checked them out when they started, and they are the highest population server ever.

I'm sure there are servers out there that will give ya instance level 70, or some crazy 4x or more exp with summon gear, #zone teleport, etc. Challenge is a good thing, else there is no more reason to play.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44:39 am »

Akkadius's Server is actually really fun in that regard. Akkadius' Fun House i think it's called. Pretty quick leveling and Diablo like loots. I was pretty hooked for a good month a while back. Just couldn't /target my chars after lvl 100, so I couldn't box very effectively =(

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011, 12:47:53 pm »

Grinding AA's is like molasses... Again, seriously? Have you never played live? Ever?

I played live and this is true for pre tss exspansion (maybe sof, i forgot when the first xp increase came) and certainly not true now. See sony has realized the gap between new players and the veterans. They see the true progression in gear and flags. They have made it EASIER Smiley to get experience for levels and aa. It scales from the aa's you have. 0-250 gives best experience for aa and it decreases after every 250 or so untill you get to 2500 aa. once you are at 2500 aa you are at normal experience. but it is still extremely easy to get aa. i can load up friends accounts, knock out a 20-30minute mission and get a reward of 3aa per mission. it does have 6 hour lockouts. Sony offers hot zones with increased xp. If all the accounts were up, i could easily have a level 70 character with 500 aa easy in a day on live. the characters would have more aa's but at 70 there are not many important ones and no point in wasting.

The xp rate is ok to be nerfed. however i think it should be for the initial grind to 70 and aa's. But for roa, i dont think it should feel this nerf of xp. A quest line that gets people flagged for bonus xp zones to do roa's in wouldn't be a bad idea. Or having quests that drop double xp items. Maybe even have those items drop.

The new crafted armor really only helps the casters in roa if they are soloing. it gives them a big mana pool and can chain casts spells. Melee would need nicer weapons. Only sk's have the solo advantage for roa's since their epic procs lifetap at level 1. Hunter, can you introduce crafted weapons too? or why not make a item with a clicky version of the old necro pet. The one that used to heal both pet and owner if im not mistaken. It doesn't have to be insanely good. I dont know, i would just like to see roa's be made fun instead of trivializing it with the bard/shaman/druid combo.
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

OK folks...
 Being that i was one of the biggest advocator's of bringing XP rates back up for everyones sake.... It's time to see the light here. And to put this to rest.

One thing, Hunter as he has said is burdened by his hobby. Demanding players that play for free are not gonna have a place to play much longer if we keep humping his leg for changes. I know if it were me and i had to deal with people non stop bitching about any changes I make, i would pull the plug on the damn box and go have a beer. At the end of the day, hunter only has this server, all the content, and letting us log into HIS server, and spends countless hours creating, implementing, testing, re testing, Brainstorming over balance, and finally giving all this great stuff to us....ONLY because he enjoys it. nothing more.

Got an opinion? Awsome. Air it here on the board. Don't get mad thou if he ignores your request, thinks its nonsense, or just dosen't think it's worth acting on.
 You get the chance to say how you feel and what you think and believe me, I take advantage of that rout more than I should. When I see a topic i feel needs addressing, I jump right in there and say what needs saying. But i also know that once it's said, it's said. There's no point in repeating the topic over and over creating stress not only to (and don't take this wrong) some of the players who aren't so bright and feel there owed something somehow because someone's hobby took a different direction. Or players that just don't want to have to grind for a week or two to get to 70. I know I'm one of them, i just dont feel like it but Hey if I want to box, im gonna do it right? Right. And I am.
Creating all new dps team, and doing over all the things i thought i would never have to again such as spending countless hours in ldon searching for charms and dragging my new players around for pages. But at the end of that game session i know i had fun, that all i did was enjoyable. I woulden't do it if it wasen't fun.

So accept this all please, and enjoy the game. Before there is no more EZ. There's just too much stress on the boards over this. Let's let him do what he loves, and take our fingers out of his ass.

Edit~  Apologies in advance if my post comes off a bit harsh. I'm Not the most tactful person when im still having morning coffee. But my Point rings true all the same.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:09:55 pm by trogdorr » Logged

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 01:14:12 pm »

Well said Trog.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 01:48:32 pm »

Damn Trog thats harsh !!! But i fully agree with you, as for tact the "Take our fingers out of his ass" remark is about the most tactful thing ive seen on these forums.

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 02:09:18 pm »

Sorry for puking it all over the floor folks, But this is a very stressful time for hunter trying to fix crashing hoh, finish coding t5, and a million other bug fixes he's got going on, and its just time to shut up and let him work. before he decides not to anymore.

.....just let this thread die.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023