Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:25:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 98341 times)
Lilknobs

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2010, 02:54:36 pm »

IIRC, the steam SoD client no longer works with EQ Emulator.  Is that correct?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2010, 02:56:00 pm »

No that's false. Steam client is Underfoot now which does work but it's not as stable as the SoD one yet.

Still plenty of ways to get SoD though.

Blood of the Akkadian
Lilknobs

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »

Yeah when I get home I'll look for a torrent probably.
lwaggie

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »

I missed something very cool here I think. ZomgDanyelle, do I understand this to mean we can now use the Underfoot client from Steam on Ez?  If so I missed that bit of news, but very cool!  I'll buy a copy asap if that is correct.

Thanks for the tip!
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2010, 03:40:12 pm »

I missed something very cool here I think. ZomgDanyelle, do I understand this to mean we can now use the Underfoot client from Steam on Ez?  If so I missed that bit of news, but very cool!  I'll buy a copy asap if that is correct.

Thanks for the tip!

Underfoot will let you log in but it still has the following problems:

Last Update - July 11th 2010

Top Priority Work:
1. Buffs - Buff Icons now show correctly and the effects of them show on the client correctly until you zone. Still need to figure out how to make buff effects show after zoning (icons work still after zoning).
2. AAs - AAs don't display purchased AAs properly and aren't able to be purchased.
3. Zone Points - Zone points in zones with more than 1 zone point are broken. This seems to be a simple structure issue.

Medium Priority Work:
None ATM

Low Priority Work:
1. GM Speed - GM Speed doesn't seem to be working properly or at all.

Client Issues:
1. Drakkin Male Animations - The Steam download is missing the file dkm_anims.eqg file that controls Drakkin Male animations. This causes Male Drakkin to hover over the ground frozen sideways. This can be resolved by copying that file from a previous client (SoF or SoD) into the Underfoot installation folder.

You can read the client development here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31635

Blood of the Akkadian
lwaggie

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2010, 03:44:14 pm »

Excellent!  Saving the link. Thanks much!  I'll watch that going forward.
Lilknobs

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

In other words, just wait another 6 months or so before going for it =/
WarDave

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2010, 09:41:00 pm »

So I tried SoD today and got it so I can login and all. But when I got back on my warrior I noticed Flurry is missing. Under combat abilities its not listed and if I look under skills I don't see it either.

Also to me thats a big part of the warriors dps early on..

About 18 combat abilities show up as JC - Placeholder (melee revamp) and have the lvl of 255 so you cant use them.

One of them being flurry I'm guessing. So thats tons of dps taken away from the warrior with SoD. Not to mention all of the other classes that are messedup the same way I'm sure.

So in my opinion SoD as it stands it not fully compatible with the current version of EMU.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:07:13 pm by wardave » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2010, 05:59:54 am »

So I tried SoD today and got it so I can login and all. But when I got back on my warrior I noticed Flurry is missing. Under combat abilities its not listed and if I look under skills I don't see it either.

Also to me thats a big part of the warriors dps early on..

About 18 combat abilities show up as JC - Placeholder (melee revamp) and have the lvl of 255 so you cant use them.

One of them being flurry I'm guessing. So thats tons of dps taken away from the warrior with SoD. Not to mention all of the other classes that are messedup the same way I'm sure.

So in my opinion SoD as it stands it not fully compatible with the current version of EMU.

Really? Because every other server i've been on people play Warriors on SoD with no problems. Even here people play them on SoD with no problems. Also, granted i haven't played a Warrior because i view them to be OP and generic (especially on EZ), however this is the first I have heard of this issue so either you're blowing it out of proportion or there's not actually anything wrong with the client and it's something you did wrong. No offense.

P.S. Flurry was actually removed from EQ due to it being OP but the disc was still left on the spell file...with no recast. See here for more details: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31126
So if you ask me it's working as intended and if anything this is good news... it's about damn time something was done to put Warriors in line...

Blood of the Akkadian
Simp

bling bling

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2010, 07:31:39 am »

Sounds like someone is running the Underfoot expansion of steam not SOD ....

Zodiac - Monk - <i crit my pants>
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2010, 01:21:16 pm »

Sounds like someone is running the Underfoot expansion of steam not SOD ....

That was my thought to Tongue

Like i said bro no offense, but please ensure you're correct before making a statement that can completely destroy the reputation of a client like that one can. SoD is fine, and honestly the sooner EQEmu players drop Titanium the better.

Anyway in regard to Underfoot. It sounds to me bro that you bought "SoD" off Steam recently. That's not SoD that's Underfoot. I know it says SoD but actually the two clients for purchase on Steam are the exact same, the only difference is the price and the CD keys for expansion access you get from the purchase. Since we don't use CD keys obviously that fact is void. Underfoot is actually coming along quite nicely. Tbh once it's fully up and running you'll hear me say how much better it is than SoD... and it will be Tongue. But atm it still has a few bugs. Two examples of which are a couple bugs with the spell file and AAs. You can see my post not even 3 posts up for a link to the development of the client.

If you want SoD you HAVE to Torrent it now. Inb4 "Don't talk about that, Torrents are bad news Sad". It's honestly not as big a deal as you guys think, but i'm gonna respect Hunter's wishes anyway and not post a link. However if you want a link to the Torrent PM me...

Blood of the Akkadian
WarDave

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »

So your telling me your client on SoD doesnt look like this for a warrior?

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2010, 05:25:57 pm »

It sounds like you may not have downloaded the spell file for this server.  Mine looks nothing like that.
WarDave

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

Oh I see my mistake, I thought the spell file was only for spells not combat abilities. Now I can fix this I hope thanks. =)
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2010, 07:08:09 pm »

Everyone that plays here needs the spell file.  It is not only for spells you cast and abilities you use, but all spells cast on you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 66
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)