Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 01:43:23 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server now supports SoD Client!  (Read 102861 times)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2010, 10:30:18 am »

So was trying the copy UI feature again today and get the same error:

INI file does not exist.

Which is odd because it appears in the list just fine and can see the INI file in my eq directory.

Yeah i tought i could save time for all my account by simply copying the ui but apparently not lol... file is there i see it... only ones i can use are the resolution ones...

Dont know about you but when you login... scroll back up your chat.. me its saying that some XML files do not work with this everquest bla bla.. not sure what its for but everything seems to work fine beside maybe the HoTT window which is a little off

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:51 am »

Has anyone else experienced a huge problem with multi-boxing with SoD? i got mine up and running today and tried to log on a handful of characters to buff for a 1-47 RoA run in CoM and i thought my computer was having a seizure. After i logged back down to one i was fine. i dunno if its something i did on my computer or if it is SoD. As an fyi i used to be able to easily run 5-6 characters (less than i had up today) with SoF.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:46 am »

Well I heard SoD suppose to support more the multi-core of processors and reducing the framerate of background instance (you can change that in eqclient.ini)... It is also suppose to take less memory apparently but I dont see that as a fact yet... I am running SoD with 3 box easily. Did not try with more though.  Some report says that it is taking more memory than let say wineq2 (well it is).

Have you tried running SoD within WinEQ2?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2010, 02:13:30 pm »

I have a question. Now i have had SoD in the past on my official everquest account. Now if i wanted to can i just update my Everquest and tell it to install SoD and SoF files and nothing else? Then try it and see if it works?
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:03 pm »

Has anyone else experienced a huge problem with multi-boxing with SoD? i got mine up and running today and tried to log on a handful of characters to buff for a 1-47 RoA run in CoM and i thought my computer was having a seizure. After i logged back down to one i was fine. i dunno if its something i did on my computer or if it is SoD. As an fyi i used to be able to easily run 5-6 characters (less than i had up today) with SoF.

What lvl of graphics settings were you using and how much RAM do you have?
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2010, 04:35:58 pm »

The FPS for running in the background can also be set right in the options from in game.  Adjusting that can really help performance when boxing.  Also, you should be able to adjust settings down considerably if needed for your system to perform well.  Even on lower settings, SoD still looks better than Titanium in most cases, since the lighting is 10X better.
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:24 pm »

just got SoD up and running.  looks pretty nice so far.
Rajunn

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »

Are there any special files needed for SoD?  or will the spell file for SoF work with it?
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2010, 08:19:27 pm »

Are there any special files needed for SoD?  or will the spell file for SoF work with it?

SoF spell file works for me.
nerff

he shoots, he scores!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2010, 02:32:09 pm »

Hunter suggested we take advantage of the steam SoD sale for $2.99 a little while back.

Are there any directions on how to set it up from the steam install or should I just say screw it and just DL it from the torrent?

Kaalan Deann - 70 Barbarian Warrior - GL of <Nether>
Dacuk Dachef - 70 Troll Shaman
Catriona Ciannait - 70 Drakkin Cleric
Nerrf Herrder - 70 Drakkin Ranger
Snozberry Shortcake - 70 Halfling Druid
Gabbo Gabba Hey- 70 Gnome Mage
Ceol - 70 Half-Elf Bard
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 02:39:45 pm »

should be the same i guess.
The torrent is not a setup but rather a full folder structure you just put where you want

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:54 pm »

Well sense server is down, maybe someone can help me with this problem. I just finished downloading SoD off of steam. I put it into its own folder etc.. changed the eqhost to the original eqhost so I could log onto the PEQ and do that one command etc... then change it back. The problem im having though is when I put in my account name in the login screen and password, it just says logging in forever, but never goes anywhere. Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:56 pm »

I think you need to use Titanium and do #setlsinfo. I could be worng.
gorkoroz

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 04:26:45 pm »

You'll have to do the login to PEQ and run the commands through the titanium client. After you've done that, you should then modify your SoD eqhosts.txt file to reflect the new login server and port number (as described in the link of the first port.) Only then will you be able to connect to anything using the SoD Client.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »

ok ty, my problem was I was trying to log in to the the #set thing through the SoD client first haha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 53
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)