Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:25:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: king (guk) KS  (Read 15577 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 10:29:49 am »

well then i think something should  be done to the KS'er
obviously not a ban i would say, but some sort of official warning

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:29:20 am »

Only one problem with the 5 minute rule is.....How would Gate know how long the mob has been up?  OR how long the guy was afk that was "camping" it. 

If I walk up to a camp I need and someone is just AFK sitting in front of the mob....how do I tell how long the mob has been spawned or how long the dude has been afk ? 

I always try to be fair and this has never happened to me, but I am not sure anything was really done wrong here. 

However, I can vouge for Gate.....he has been very helpful to me in-game and has always seemed very fair.....I hate that he might get his named smeared from something as trivial as this.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 01:05:06 am »

I believe it is pretty evident that you would need to wait 5 mins from the time you arrive there.

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 04:06:11 am »

so the guy could have been afk for an hour, but it's evident to wait another 5 minutes?  I dunno I don't understand it but this won't be a first lol.

See you in game all !!

Requiem for a Dream.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:43 pm »

Truth is, don't go afk at a camp, someone will most likely show up and kill your mob
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 01:20:40 pm »

Truth is, don't go afk at a camp, someone will most likely show up and kill your mob

There is truth in this

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 05:19:10 am »

See Hunters reply (2nd reply) in this thread of server rules: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

He states:  "You can go afk while camping for a boss but need to engage the boss within 5 minutes of it spawning. If the boss has been up for 5 minutes, and the person is not attacking it yet, then they forfeit the camp and anyone can have it. "

If that applies here, then Hunter has already answered your question.

That was maybe 2 min AFK (maybe less) since i was ALT+TAB to check.

I got to wait like 1 hours and hakf to get an other king (i was lucky, he was wearing  sword).

When i arrived to camp, i never KS, always hailing hte gu who is camping asking if he got loot and leaving or staying until he leave camp.

If Gate came, and was saying 'hail', was speaking, and having had no response after some minutes, i would understand he engage the KING. I'll accept the fact of having lost the camp.
But Gate come + kill + leave, nothing else, and this append in less than 2 min (as i say i was ALT+TAB during loading screen on other toons).

I am not cring about peaple doing some things not really fair. Most of time i talk with them to arrange something. but appanrently GATE have nothing to do about rules or fair play. Honestly I think a good warning could make him understand that we must respect others...
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 09:36:07 am »

I hate to say this but maybe a simple solution would be to make all the FG/CG mobs spawn faster and all the time with their required item.

This way no one will complain about KSing.  Someone comes in...is afk...someone takes it...5 minutes later...poof...same spawn with the same needed item.

This will eliminite hour and a half waits and possibly not spawning with the item and a lot less arguing all around.

Rob Smiley
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 10:06:41 am »

well i could be a d*ck an say that the best way to prevent KS'ing is to pay attention and not go afk or if u do go afk, consistently check. but i'll be easy. But still, he said 2 mins, could of been 20 for all we know (srry, really untrusting of people in general) and you dont have proof that it was 2 mins and he doesnt have proof it was over 5. Can you say stalemate? i really thought this topic would have been dropped by now or resolved. Only thing that comes from posts like these are a) drama b) flames c) trolls. Should just send the proof to hunter directly stead of bringing it to the forum for the drama
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 10:43:43 am »

(srry, really untrusting of people in general)

i really thought this topic would have been dropped by now or resolved. Only thing that comes from posts like these are a) drama b) flames c) trolls.

You are right...unfortunately you can't trust people until that trust is earned.  Most people learn that the hard way.  And even when it is earned...there is always that one person who goes back on it.

It is a sad reality.  You are also right about topics like these.  Why do we waste our time?

We are here (hopefully) to make things better for EZ, not worse.  I just wish people would learn to help figure out a solution to a problem instead of whining about them.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:56 pm »

(srry, really untrusting of people in general)

i really thought this topic would have been dropped by now or resolved. Only thing that comes from posts like these are a) drama b) flames c) trolls.

You are right...unfortunately you can't trust people until that trust is earned.  Most people learn that the hard way.  And even when it is earned...there is always that one person who goes back on it.

It is a sad reality.  You are also right about topics like these.  Why do we waste our time?

We are here (hopefully) to make things better for EZ, not worse.  I just wish people would learn to help figure out a solution to a problem instead of whining about them.

These posts give me something to read when the wife is getting ready for us to go out.... and i don't have enough time to actually play *shrug*

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:53 am »

Make the king chest card drop more often? More from trash anyways since bosses are always camped. heh

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 07:37:07 am »

These posts give me something to read when the wife is getting ready for us to go out.... and i don't have enough time to actually play *shrug*

LOL!

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 07:39:16 am »

LOL!

Ha what the hell... LOL!
It was funny enough

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
b33tlejuice

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 10:48:52 am »

lol reed, either that or waiting for people to make asses of themselves in ooc for your "screens of the banned" collection
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 192