Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 04:24:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: How soloable is ez server?  (Read 14954 times)
Sethisto

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:18:43 pm »

I've been playing over on Irreverent for a while and love it, but they are still back on halfway through Gates of Discord and most of it is broken.  I don't think they plan on updating any time soon, so I'm looking for a new place to hang out and progress through.

I've dug around all over the site, but I can't really find any straight answers on what exactly this one has included in it.  Forgive me if I failed on that aspect.

So some questions:

1.) Is EZ server soloable? As in raids and stuff?

2.) Are boss respawns on the classic style timer?

3.) What expansion has EZ server gotten to?

Hopefully this isn't annoying! I don't see a newbie forum section though

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 12:41:30 am »

Server is pointless garbage where everyone boxes and can pretty much accomplish everything in a month's time. Don't bother playing here.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:30 am »

Sorry to disagree, But did you accomplish everything by yourself in a month?
For the most part it is expanded apon with custom content, Yes you can do it sol but it is much harder solo wise but can be done with friends and a good guild.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:50:42 am by whatzizface » Logged

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:01:48 am »

Pay no attention to Faildaneq, he is an complaining idiot no matter where he goes.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 07:31:16 am »

No, you cannot solo raids, to start. Paladins and Shadowknights have custom heal procs on their weapons, once you get to your better epics, you can solo content behind you, but not in front of you. Any other class cannot solo higher content until you are already geared above it.
EZ is updated to GoD, however, it is bassed on custom content. None of the GoD raids work, you can't even get into the zone. Qvic and Tacvi have been redone with custom content and loot. LDoN has been redone with custom content as well.  You will not find adventure points ect being used. Many of the PoP zone are unaccesable as well, BoT, PoF an PoT have been redone with custom content. You will see the same mobs on PoF and BoT, but you will not find the same loot.
Many o the bosses used on Ez for custom content have respawn of 15-60 minutes. Some o the old world non important ones are on their original timer.  That being said, you have the ability here to make a private instance of any zone you wish, and everything in the zone will be up, along with the named (unless they have a PH, the PH could be up instead).
99% of the sever multi-boxes. It is honestly your best shot at advancing here. Not to say that people wouldn't help a solo player out, but you will be hard pressed to find someone to drag you through all of your epics and tiers to gear just 1 toon out. My suggestion, either start boxing, or be prepared for a very long and tough journey.
Vicente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 11:07:40 am »

First of all, I would highly recommend you search these forums for information on classes that can solo - progression is mostly custom content and most of the zones have modified respawn timers and difficulty. Take some time to read through posts a bit - there's lots of good information.

There's nothing wrong with starting a character and playing them for a bit - it's very easy to level up if you change your mind.

With that in mind, you technically can solo any character up to a certain point - some further than others as mentioned. But, you will probably end up having to farm money to buy gear or get support. Personally, I think you miss out on the whole custom content experience if you're not actually obtaining the gear yourself or with friends.

Also, some guilds accept solo players and I've heard some others don't box at all - that's one thing to keep in mind.

Personally, I started playing a rogue to group with friends. I had to start over and focus more on a tank when they left the server. I ended up making my SK and I solo a lot on him but only after getting his epic weapons. Again, going solo you'd have to find some way to complete them and some of the epic bosses are a challenge, if not impossible to solo at first. There's a lot of friendly people who might be able to help and if you prefer to pay your way through it, that always works. Boxing is always more efficient and that's the only reason I do it (because I have limited time).

In the end, find something you like to play - that's really all that matters. I'm playing a wizard now and leveling him solo really didn't take long at all and it was a lot less masochistic than it would be elsewhere. I actually enjoyed it more than I initially thought. To each their own, I guess  Cheesy

Tython
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:03:07 pm by Vicente » Logged
Melandril

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:49:22 am »

EZ is not solo friendly.  Is it fun?  Depends on your play style.  There are many friendly people who are happy to help newbies get past certain content; however, it's not solo friendly, and you'll always have to rely on other people.
If you're at all tempted to roll your own server, I would say that EZ is one of the essential experiences you need before attempting one of your own.  Trevious started here (and still posts here from time to time) before eventually rolling his own server (another of the essential experiences, Storm Haven).
(Even though I'm dabbling with the server code, I have no illusions that my attempts will be as fun as either of the two mentioned.  Also, just so that I don't leave anyone out, most of the preferred and legendary servers are essential experiences; almost everything is patterned off one of these.  A few of the new guys appear to be attempting some unique ideas; and only time will tell if any of us are patient enough to bring the ideas to life ;-)   )
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 03:09:20 pm »

The server is good enough for him to check forums often enough to get first reply. Although looking at his post history, he doesn't contribute anything useful.

Server is fun with plenty of time sinks. Give it a try. It's EZ

Bitch please.
weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 01:03:02 pm »

It's insanely fun.

I started with 1 character and as soon as I got to potime realized I needed more dps, so made 3 more.

I'm working on T1/T2 now with my team of 4 but I've had help. I've been fortunate enough to be able to loot plenty of rots(pages/tokens/etc) and I've had help killing certain bosses.

So yes, very soloable but it's easy to get help when you need it and so it's worth asking.

I think boxing is a must. You can do it with one character but why let all that armor go to waste? It's more fun to gear up a few at the same time.

I play a war/cleric/pallyl/necro combo.

Have fun:D
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 07:07:52 pm »

Unless you UC (ultimate charm) + Ring of Ages + augs - your solo/ 4-6 box will stop at shadow in HoH. But even for him, i would recommend 4.0 epics
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »

Unless you UC (ultimate charm) + Ring of Ages + augs - your solo/ 4-6 box will stop at shadow in HoH. But even for him, i would recommend 4.0 epics

ya 4.0s to kill the 3.5 boss .. if you are a sad ass player yeah..

3.0s can kill him.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:29 pm »

I did shadow with no UC, ROA 0, epic 3.0, mix of t2 and t3 gear, before augs were in the game and about 2x or more the amount of current hp. He also DT at 60 or 90 seconds in the beginning too.

Noel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 11:39:55 pm »

Fugitive, Xiggie
I want to see you do it with 3.0 and no FS/IS/NS/UC/RoA

Let me know when you will be doing it and i will stop by to watch the show. It's easy to talk now when you guys are 4.5/5.0+UC+RoA+ full lvl5 augs, but killing shadow with 3.0 is nothing like you are making it sound. In fact, someone with a mix of T2/T3 is likely to die so often that it will take you an hour or more to kill him...Simply because you will be lacking the HP.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 02:16:31 am »

When Shadow and the 3.5 quest was first put out I had a 3.0. My warrior has never had much in the RoA, (i think 5 or something). He was harder back when Hunter first put him out. Back when he was first put out 10 to 12k was the top non-pet damage. To say your journey will stop at Shadow if you don't have all the stuff you mentioned is an erroneous statement. Not only can it be done but it has been done. I tanked shadow with my warrior not having any of the things you mentioned at a time when he was much harder than he is right now.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 03:20:58 am »

http://www.ezserver.online/magelo/character.php?char=Noel

Is that you?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members