Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:42:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion for 4.5 and 5.0 weapons  (Read 34466 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:49:20 am »

Listing each class with the suggestions for 4.5 and 5.0

Code:
Class                    4.5                               5.0
Bard                     Add slot type 4 aug               300 to all instruments

Beastlord                New pet with 50% bump in hp       Same pet but able to hail for v3 swords
                         No damage increase.

Berzerker                Add slot type 4 aug               Bump from 6k proc to 7k proc

Cleric                    As is                             Add cleric to NS and add a slot type 8 aug

Druid                    Pet comparable to mage 4.0         20k pet buff w/2k DS
                         Note: Add random drop pet
                         heal spell comparable to mage

Enchanter                Pet comparable to mage 4.0         20k pet buff w/haste
                         Note: See druid note

Magician                 New pet w/50% bump in hp           Same pet, v3 pet weps
                         and damage.
                         heal spell (50% bump)
Monk                     Add slot type 4 aug                Change added slot type 4
                                                            to slot type 8 aug

Necromancer              Apply same % changes as
                         mage on both
                         heal spell (50% bump)
Paladin                  Right click Brells Brawnier         Add slot type 8 aug
                         Bulwark (7.5k hp buff)            
                         (on new epic shield)

Ranger                   Right click summon                  Change added slot type 4
                         arrow (+50%)                        to a slot type 8

Rogue                    Same as monk                        Same as monk

Shadow Knight            Right click group buff that         Same as Paladin
                         adds a life tap proc
                         (on new epic shield)

Shaman                   Pet comparable to mage 4.0          20k pet buff w/2k regen
                         heal spell comparable to mage

Warrior                  Add slot type 8 aug                  Add slot type 8 aug
                         Note: Add a random drop
                         Death Strike* aug
                         (see note * below)
Wizard                   Mana bumped to 10k                  Mana bumped
                          Mana regen +50%                    to 15k
                                                             Mana regen
                                                             + 50%

Proposed V3 pet weapon: 50% boost from current.
Pet affinity added to Shaman, druid and enchanter classes to make their pets viable.

* Note: Death Strike would come in versions I through V. It would take 4 components to create a version I, 3 common and 1 rare. To create a version II you combine two version I plus 1 common component and 1 rare component. Common components drop off of trash, rare components drop off of bosses.

Proposed name of the components:
Zombie Skin (Common)
Zombie Vein (Common)
Zombie Bone Dust (Common)
Blood of the Gods (Rare)

Proposed attributes of each version:
Death Strike I: 300 life leach
Death Strike II 500 life leach
Death Strike III 700 life leach
Death Strike IV 1000 life leach
Death Strike V 1500 life leach

Reason for Death Strike aug: I'd like to add my reason for suggesting a life leach aug for warriors only. Right now I do not even use my warrior in T5. He dies too much compared to using my paladin. Even with my warrior having more hp that my paladin he still dies too much. I think in part it has to do with lack of having a stone wall that I can keep up 24/7 and in part to do with if I am tanking from my paladin then I have the heals from the paladin procs. Adding a 1500 pt life leach that can be bumped up to 4500 with UC will not make warriors invincible but it will give them back some of the resiliency they should have at this level.

Paladin and Shadow Knight Epic Shield suggestion. Continuing on with previous knight epics in that you can turn them in to the epic vendor for a 1hs version that has half the hp, but you could turn the 1hs in again for an epic shield that also has half the 2hs stats. This will allow the paladin to do the epic 2x if they wanted to use the 1hs and an epic shield while still enjoying the hp of the 2hs. This also allows the addition of an epic shield buff spell.

Please feel free to add any comments that anyone has. Make suggestions about supporting, changing, or getting rid of any ideas I have up. I would like to send this to Hunters email but I wanted the opinions of everyone else first.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:58:43 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:50:50 am »

Added proposed V3 pet weapon.
Added to ranger 4.5, right click summon arrow
Added suggestion of an epic shield for knight classes.
Added suggestions for changes to Wizard epics
Change format to /code for ease of reading and to make things flow together a little better.
Added suggestion for new pet for bst with a 50% boost in hp but no damage increase
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:59:31 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:35 am »

Some great suggestions Xiggie!

A few comments, from my perspective...

-  Bst will be upset to be the pet class that doesn't get an upgrade. 
-  SK will not want to have the HT click removed/replaced. 
-  Druid, Ench and Shaman should have something added that does not include a new pet.  The reason I say this is that those classes do not have the pet affinity AA, and therefore their pets do not get group heals, leaving even a buffed pet to die quickly. 
-  Rangers having an added type 4 slot is somewhat useless, as the only useable aug (for bows, and let's be honest, Rangers are all about the bow) is the Ninja Strike, and it is type 8.  If the Ice Strike were made to work in ranged weapons I could get behind a type 4 slot.
-  Paladins would not like to lose the LoH right click they have now.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:58:03 am »

Right now I do not even use my warrior in T5. He dies too much compared to using my paladin. Even with my warrior having more hp that my paladin he still dies too much.

Spot on Xiggie. 

I'm boxing with 2 UC Pallys and a UC Cleric.  I can keep my warriors alive 95% of the time but I have to drive from the cleric the entire time with my finger on the Viv button.  Kind of funny to think that 3 UC healers still have problems keeping a tank alive.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:39:08 am »

Some great suggestions Xiggie!

A few comments, from my perspective...

-  Bst will be upset to be the pet class that doesn't get an upgrade. 
-  SK will not want to have the HT click removed/replaced. 
-  Druid, Ench and Shaman should have something added that does not include a new pet.  The reason I say this is that those classes do not have the pet affinity AA, and therefore their pets do not get group heals, leaving even a buffed pet to die quickly. 
-  Rangers having an added type 4 slot is somewhat useless, as the only useable aug (for bows, and let's be honest, Rangers are all about the bow) is the Ninja Strike, and it is type 8.  If the Ice Strike were made to work in ranged weapons I could get behind a type 4 slot.
-  Paladins would not like to lose the LoH right click they have now.

These are some very very good points, thank you for bringing them up. And thank you for having them nice and organized, it helps to go through each point.

-Beastlord points: The reason lack of very much on the beastlord is they are already at 100k dps. I can't see a valid argument where they would need anything else. I did however put the v3 swords in there to give them a little bit more hp. (Sorry, forgot to put the v3 sword details. Adding after post.)

-SK and Paladin points: What about being able to turn your 5.0 in for a 3rd option of shield and the buff suggested be on the shield while the 1hs would keep the current? They have always needed an epic shield anyway.

-Druid, ench, shm points. Can the AA Pet Affinity be added to them?

-Ranger points: Open to suggestions

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 08:41:58 am »

Right now I do not even use my warrior in T5. He dies too much compared to using my paladin. Even with my warrior having more hp that my paladin he still dies too much.

Spot on Xiggie. 

I'm boxing with 2 UC Pallys and a UC Cleric.  I can keep my warriors alive 95% of the time but I have to drive from the cleric the entire time with my finger on the Viv button.  Kind of funny to think that 3 UC healers still have problems keeping a tank alive.

Yeah, I ran into the same issues, funny how my paladin lives longer with less hp than my warrior, lol.

Camric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:29:39 am »

Great suggestions!

For the Wizard 5.0, I say buff the Mana Regen by 10-15 percent.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 10:00:56 am »

Great suggestions!

For the Wizard 5.0, I say buff the Mana Regen by 10-15 percent.

What we got wizards?

jk

Nice proposed changes Xiggie..

I want the AUGS

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 11:02:02 am »

I don't mind doing some tweaks to the 4.5 and 5.0 Epics. I'll wait until this has been discussed some more, and when I have time on the weekend to read it all, and make a few changes.

Good start.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 11:04:51 am »

Thank you for the input Hunter, lets us know we are going in a good direction. I will try to make sure to keep the first post as clean as possible.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 11:44:55 am »

As far as SKs and Paladins go, the shield is not a bad idea.  That might make up for some of the 25k in lost HP from choosing 1hs over 2hs (in the 5.0 epic).  Maybe make it so that the 4.5 and 5.0 can be turned in for a shield with the group buff (life tap proc for SK and HP buff for Pallies)?  Then Knights can make the choice between 2hs for the extra attack, or sword and board for the AC for tanking without losing a butt load of HP?

For Rangers, I would suggest that maybe adding a type 8 slot at 4.5, and then a new summoned arrow from the 5.0?  Either that, or add a type 4 slot, and change the Ice Strike so it will work on ranged weapons, and then the new arrow at 5.0

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 11:49:13 am »

thats some pretty disturbing info on warriors for T5, especially since i grinded out roa 1-100 on my warrior in a week. I feel like that will of been the most epic waste of time if im forced to bench my war come t5. Im not entirely sure what a right fix would be to correct the issue (not in t5 yet so i have no solid numbers to base judgement off of) but giving paladins an epic shield would probably just widen the gap between wars vs pals for tanking, especially if a pal is able to reach the same hp as a war with an epic shield, it would just make wars even more useless unless something drastic is done for the class, outside of giving them more hp. hp balance doesnt seem to be the answer for balancing tank classes if people are saying pals tank better with less hp, just my opinions though Smiley
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 12:54:18 pm »

thats some pretty disturbing info on warriors for T5, especially since i grinded out roa 1-100 on my warrior in a week. I feel like that will of been the most epic waste of time if im forced to bench my war come t5. Im not entirely sure what a right fix would be to correct the issue (not in t5 yet so i have no solid numbers to base judgement off of) but giving paladins an epic shield would probably just widen the gap between wars vs pals for tanking, especially if a pal is able to reach the same hp as a war with an epic shield, it would just make wars even more useless unless something drastic is done for the class, outside of giving them more hp. hp balance doesnt seem to be the answer for balancing tank classes if people are saying pals tank better with less hp, just my opinions though Smiley

Digz

I play two warriors in my main party.(I would change one out but lazy)
Fugitive is my main and still can get 1 shotted. T5 mobs just have a crazy ass high 1 round output sometimes..

Warriors are fun stay with them, it's just like any class you really like them or they are /meh.

Xiggie Really really really really REALLY.. did I say really? Loves monks =P (/pokes fun @ Xig)

I don't think I would have been able to cream T5 as fast as I did without one.  having your RoA on the warrior is already a huge plus, UC and maybe a 3-5 Scepter would rock for you too..

I support these changes purposed! (Good Job Xiggie, Brokyn, Camric)
Hope to see more ideas!!

Would like to see the 5.0 melee damage upped a little too. (across all classes)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:11:30 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 01:16:52 pm »

well im not too worried about gearing for t5 just yet as im just breaking into T2 now lol, kinda funny finishing roa before even starting T2 but im just the type of person who *HAS* to finish something before starting something else.

Also i agree wars are fun. its probably my most played class outside of boxing but the bottom line is if he ends up becomming a liability, hes not going to keep a group slot simply based on how much i enjoy the character, for me its all about min/maxing proficiency in those 6 group slots and with my current make-up of war/pal/pal/rog/mnk/brd, he wouldn't be too hard to replace...i just hope wars get some additional love and it doesnt come to that, lifetap augs would be a great step in the right direction.

i just dont want my war getting 1 rounded (or even close to) in T5 with all best-in-slot gear, just shouldn't happen.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:19:32 pm by Digz » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

I want to add in there, my paladin does die. My pally, and any class for that matter gets one shotted pretty easily. I mean, one second I am at 100% and the next second, boom, I am loading the nexus. I have just noticed my paladin has better luck living because from the very first seconds of the fight my paladin has the benefits of my cleric, plus my paladins swords. Adding the tap to warrior swords will give them a little bump in the beginning second or two of combat to stay alive a little better. And as for the paladin epic shield, I in no way shape or form suggest that paladins should be able to get more hp from using 1h and a shield than using a 2hs. It would be the same amount of hp. As for ac, last I knew there was a soft cap on ac so I don't think it really matters.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 255