Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:50:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What do you box?  (Read 14999 times)
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:46 am »

Really? I would drop the 2nd WAR and swap in the PAL. Necro is nice DPS, no? I'm not up there with my own crew yet but I haven't seen many armies with 2x WAR.

When I am doing t3/t4 as support, typically the MT has 2x PAL in group (minimum, sometimes 3)- haven't needed a cleric for any of the bosses, including MCP (which basically requires MT, OT, designated rezzer, and massive DPS).

If you had a cleric on MCP then you wouldnt need a OT.

Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 03:19:10 pm »

For armies without a full t4+ tank having only 175k hps, when MCP or Warlord triples (or quads) at 80k - you are dead before anyone can heal you.

Although, I haven't used a cleric (ever) and don't know their healing capabilities. Seems to me that 2 4.0 PALs with level 20 oracle can heal 32k per swing (combined) and do so with double/triple attacks, etc and that feels more efficient than a single toon casting one spell. Then again - i am talking out my arse 'cause I don't know what a cleric can do.
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »

For armies without a full t4+ tank having only 175k hps, when MCP or Warlord triples (or quads) at 80k - you are dead before anyone can heal you.

Although, I haven't used a cleric (ever) and don't know their healing capabilities. Seems to me that 2 4.0 PALs with level 20 oracle can heal 32k per swing (combined) and do so with double/triple attacks, etc and that feels more efficient than a single toon casting one spell. Then again - i am talking out my arse 'cause I don't know what a cleric can do.

Clerics cast divine intervention which allows the tank to live rather than be killed and it is on a 1.5 minute cooldown. Also clerics 4.0 procs heals that heal for as much as a pallies. Also im sure you've noticed times where the tank just sits at 30% or what ever for a few rounds and just doesn't get picked up by procs. That is where clerics instant cast gheal comes into play. I just recently killed my first warlord w/ a pally/cleric/mage/necro/monk/shaman and my pally was almost full t3 missing helm/boots as the MT because perma stonewall is stupid good.

On a side note procs only happen once per round so it doesn't matter if something doubles or singles, but pallies do get AA to make them proc more.

small edit about clerics: starting at cleric 3.5 they get a targeted  30 second w/ 1 minute cooldown stonewall.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:45:06 pm by Dreyitt » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057