Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:23:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Buying SLS  (Read 29804 times)
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 02:34:47 pm »

People saying that SLS are good because it allows lowbies a way to earn plat is rubbish.  they can still sell essences and sell unicorn turds, they just wouldn't be able to make the fast cash they could off of SLS's. Adding them to vendors only keeps the prices reasonable.

Imma have to disagree with you here.

tl;dr : lowbies shouldn't be forced to sell essences or rainbows, they need those themselves. In addition, the rate at which lowbies can farm those items is glacial compared to the rate of farming SLS, I don't know why the two are being compared here.

1) you shouldn't be selling essences as a lowbie, except maybe qvic essence. The other essences you NEED for strikes. Period. Naturally progressing through the tiers I got about 30 of each essence, which has been enough for my augs so far, but not too much longer. So, I could maybe sell my qvic essences and get 3 million, for about a month's effort back in qvic? That rate of making plat is glacial compared to SLS. Sure I can farm qvic faster now, but who is buying qvic essence anyway?
2) Rainbows just don't drop that much, and when they do (especially for lowbies) they should be spent on the tank's RoA. During my time in T1/2 I found a grand total of 1. I'm now almost finished with T3/4, and I've still only seen about 15 total, and 1 gsoa. Not by any means a regular, steady source of income: I'd say I'm getting 1 rainbow every 3-5 nights of farming HoH, and it's not like I play every day. (Yes I clear slow. /shrug)

There may be no difference for you between essence/rainbow farming vs SLS farming, but I assure you, there is for lower-tier players. New 70s can farm a few SLS and be able to get the 1m plat instance maker, they can't farm essences for that. T2 players can't farm essences, even qvic, anywhere near as fast as they can SLS, and lets not even talk about rainbows.

But I have to say, it would be really neat to have SLS drop from bosses.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Aurran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

The server is flooded with cash from Halloween, probably easily over a billion pp.  With the new dungeons T2-T4 essences are easier than ever to get, does anyone farm Hoh for tokens anymore.  Why can't people just farm their own SLS's or pay the increased prices?  
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:13 pm »

The server is flooded with cash from Halloween, probably easily over a billion pp.  With the new dungeons T2-T4 essences are easier than ever to get, does anyone farm Hoh for tokens anymore.  Why can't people just farm their own SLS's or pay the increased prices?  
What tier are you in and what level are most of your augs?

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 03:29:03 pm »

People saying that SLS are good because it allows lowbies a way to earn plat is rubbish.  they can still sell essences and sell unicorn turds, they just wouldn't be able to make the fast cash they could off of SLS's. Adding them to vendors only keeps the prices reasonable.

Imma have to disagree with you here.

tl;dr : lowbies shouldn't be forced to sell essences or rainbows, they need those themselves. In addition, the rate at which lowbies can farm those items is glacial compared to the rate of farming SLS, I don't know why the two are being compared here.

1) you shouldn't be selling essences as a lowbie, except maybe qvic essence. The other essences you NEED for strikes. Period. Naturally progressing through the tiers I got about 30 of each essence, which has been enough for my augs so far, but not too much longer. So, I could maybe sell my qvic essences and get 3 million, for about a month's effort back in qvic? That rate of making plat is glacial compared to SLS. Sure I can farm qvic faster now, but who is buying qvic essence anyway?
2) Rainbows just don't drop that much, and when they do (especially for lowbies) they should be spent on the tank's RoA. During my time in T1/2 I found a grand total of 1. I'm now almost finished with T3/4, and I've still only seen about 15 total, and 1 gsoa. Not by any means a regular, steady source of income: I'd say I'm getting 1 rainbow every 3-5 nights of farming HoH, and it's not like I play every day. (Yes I clear slow. /shrug)

There may be no difference for you between essence/rainbow farming vs SLS farming, but I assure you, there is for lower-tier players. New 70s can farm a few SLS and be able to get the 1m plat instance maker, they can't farm essences for that. T2 players can't farm essences, even qvic, anywhere near as fast as they can SLS, and lets not even talk about rainbows.

But I have to say, it would be really neat to have SLS drop from bosses.
By your very post they need SLS just as much, you are correct that they should not be selling Essenes or AA crystals either.
SLS farming is boring and offers no progression capability other than earning one component to a DPS aug. It's so necessary in just about every important crafted item on tbe sever. It's just silly, oh and waypoint, banker and teleporter are free on vendor now.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »

There are a gob of bags of pp that new players get thru all the tiers.. not saying they can make enough is getting to be BS.. no bags used to be in any Zone it used to Cost tons just to farm content not counting doing the augments..(not saying that is right or wrong or that's how we had to do it) Just the PP challenge now isn't that bad..

Number 1 problem is everyone wants EVERY AUG/UW/SHIELD for every toon NOW NOW NOW...and oh my I don't have 500Million PP... HB/LB do something the game needs to be nerfed... I got an IDEA .. SAVE and be patient.

SLS price has been fked up for a long time since there was BS pp in the game from other BS practices, SLS requirements for every FKING COMBINE is dumb period it was a troll solution, based on a few noobs bitching about not having Plat.

With the introduction of PP bags thru all content (now), SLS should drop randomly thru Tiered content as well period. (Noobs still can sell, not for insane way off the mark prices)

We need to learn to enjoy the ride.. the end is pretty boring when you get there.(plus when you see all the training wheels put in place lately)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:54:14 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »

Well put Fugi.
I would still like to see something useful on the queen that can be purchased for those toons without UW and have UC finished.

Remember everything on the queen is no trade and berries are the same
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »

Well put Fugi.

What we are seeing is a influx of demand and a drastic decrease in supply. There isnt the amount of lowbies that there once was, and those lowbies need SLS as much as cash anyways. The price on SLS isnt 4-500k.. Thats just what people are throwing in their WTBs not realizing that there is no sellers, period.

Global SLS drops might help. But honestly, Hate has put full SLS drop rares in jaggedpine. He's put GLS/SLS drops on lightbringer in T3. They have done things to increase supply. It just boils down to Fugi's point that every part of progression involves farming SLS.

And think back to when u first started on this server.. There was FG/CG.. Ldon.. Qvic... TimeA...Ct/Tacvi... T1...even Tofs and Minis, if ur late to the party. There is a billlion fun progression things to do.. They dont even wanna farm their own SLS, much less someone elses.

And pretending for 5 seconds new players actually were going to do this farming..The pathing is so horrendous u actually need skill and knowledge to overcome it. They gonna spend 10 minutes stuck in rocks, chasing wisps under the world and running into a mountain barrier an go 'f*ck this' and stop.

I've always thought a PoFire type zone where full SLSs would be a rare drop would at least be an improvement. AAs and small chances for SLS would at least be a step toward progression. But i don't know.

If SLS gets tossed onto a stonehive vendor, no one needs SLS ever again... And thats just a new problem, really.

No easy fix if you are in Hate's shoes. It's akin to the UW dilemma. That must have been agonizing to weigh the pros and the cons... Of course, UWs got nerfed severly and everyone progressing ended up getting one anyways negating the need to tune t9+ for non uw users..  its an imperfect world, but a fun server Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 06:23:00 am »

Why would you not need to farm SLS if they were put on the Hive Queen?  At 25 points a pop that's what 5 SLS every two days (assuming that on a 6 man team you have 5 banking berries and 1 working on UW augs).  5 every two days isn't game breaking, it's hardly a dent.  My point to this whole post was making things reasonable.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Kardthe

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2014, 04:40:36 pm »

I'm not going to argue for or against the SLS being put back on vendor...  but I would at least like to know what the plan is so i can proceed accordingly.  When they got taken off, it was due to people selling them and other things back and getting their Hatestomps and whatever else way easier and faster than intended.  The last word I heard from Hate about it was in /ooc.  He said that he would be putting them, as well as all other kinds of neat stuff back up on vendor, ie lower cost reward items/etc when the vendor issue was fixed.  If this has changed, then cool... but I would like to know as I'm now sitting on my berries... and we all know how  painful that can be Tongue

PS... how about a "Lovestomp" aug that reduces aggro for melee? Tongue  Seems like a nice alternative to "Hatestomp." to me Smiley
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

Slimy Sapphire of Cowardice allows for up to 75% aggro reduction. That along with Hatestomp and Angerbomb - your crew should have no problems with aggro

But it would be cool to see some sort of trinket on Hive Queen Smiley
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:27:00 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »

Why would you not need to farm SLS if they were put on the Hive Queen?  At 25 points a pop that's what 5 SLS every two days (assuming that on a 6 man team you have 5 banking berries and 1 working on UW augs).  5 every two days isn't game breaking, it's hardly a dent.  My point to this whole post was making things reasonable.

Think big picture: 12 toons in Dranik + 6 prisms (3 berries each) = 138 berries
12 toons in Abyss + 4 prisms on avg (3 berries each) = 72 berries

Thats 210 berries a day, or 8 SLS a day (and change). If u only run 6 toons thats 120 berries a day, or 5 SLS a day.

In the last month if vendor was in anyone with a pulse is up 240 SLS w/ 12 toons, or 150 SLS with 6 toons.

Its game breaking. I hate saying it out loud, but its true.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Bigoh

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

What if you could trade in 10 berrys for a SLS? Not doing math or hardly putting effort into the thought, just tossing it out there.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:43 pm »

10 berries per SLS would be 21 SLS a day for a 12 man group or 12 a day for a 6man group.

That would be... chaos.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:10 pm »

Was thinking something along the lines of those food items from Halloween with limited charges for buffs / illusions

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 06:07:47 pm »

Think big picture: 12 toons in Dranik + 6 prisms (3 berries each) = 138 berries
12 toons in Abyss + 4 prisms on avg (3 berries each) = 72 berries

Thats 210 berries a day, or 8 SLS a day (and change). If u only run 6 toons thats 120 berries a day, or 5 SLS a day.

In the last month if vendor was in anyone with a pulse is up 240 SLS w/ 12 toons, or 150 SLS with 6 toons.

Its game breaking. I hate saying it out loud, but its true.

not at all

1.everything is "NO TRADE"
berries and all items

2. can NOT sell anything for more berries. selling is disabled

each toon can only get the 15 berries a day from the miner for quest completion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149