Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:23:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: AngryNerd6/7Revised  (Read 13541 times)
Nocca

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »

I asked Fugitive to consider posting on this topic and he may still but until then I had thought further about the desire for Angry nerd 6-7 as before I was hopeful Hunter would release this for all but now that I've considered it further I think it might just make more sense that 6 and or 7 be 2hs restricted considering your augment slots with 2hs are obviously halved this may make more sense in that case not for extra hate as that is agreeably unnecessary.. Your thoughts?

Nocca
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 06:16:33 pm »

I would suggest restricting them by class (WAR) but allowing to put on either 2HS or 1HS. Perhaps in keeping with  AN4 (1500DD and 125000Hate) and AN5 (1000 AE dmg( - AN6 should be (25000 DD+125000 hate) and AN7 should be 2000 direct damage).

OR

make AN6 1HS and AN7 2HS.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »

Wasn't the point of the warrior 2h to be the trade off between dps and tanking?

If so, seems like making the augs nullify that change as counterproductive.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Nocca

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:37:00 pm »

In retrospect of your past post about destroying t4 warrior breastplate in an anti warrior stance I'd have to say your opionion on this warrior specific post is counter productive hateborne =p

Nocca
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:31:04 pm »

Yes, but you don't see me trying to champion SK getting new buffs to make them stupid durable while maintaining (or buffing) their damage.

So, the intention IS to give warriors back stupid high dps while maintaining tank god mode? Sorry, but I cannot agree here. EZ Server is starting to develop class identity. Players are slowly diversifying their group make up. If you give the warrior near (or at) top DPS again, it will go back to 4-5 warriors and 2 clerics in EVERY group again.

No. No. Please No.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »

SKs are already super durable though. Mine is in T3 except for a T4 bp with a UC and only RoA20, and I can solo trash in the abyss. Clearly I need to level a second cleric so he can have perma stonewall!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:07 pm »

Griz, my point went up and over friend.

I was just making comment on the absurdity of giving a class the best of both worlds...again.

Yes I do despise the warrior fad, but I will no let my feelings/opinions for a class cloud my judgement as a whole.

I see this change returning the state we are still trying hard to get away from. The "all plate, all the time" groups. Hopefully we can finally work in to true class identity again soon.

But back on track, NO. Giving the undeniably best tank a massive damage bonus too is just a bit over the top.

-Hate

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:48:20 pm »

Well, I think all 3 tanks are in a pretty good place. Warrior is the best with support, paladins are viable tanks but also pretty necessary for groups, and SKs are amazingly self reliant. Hell even monks are fairly decent offtanks for stuff like MCP if they have the sceptre of time to get aggro with.

Even though there are a number of outstanding balance issues for other classes (especially viability of druid/shaman/enchanter/bard for anything other than buffs), the tanks are pretty interbalanced.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:21:12 am »

Warriors in their current state in my opinion do not need any buffs.

The new 2hs is meant to create survivability and lose a bit of dps.

Reason why I see trouble in NEW augs... I will give you a situation..

Equip my 6.0 2hder...
click to get 30 min buff... for tankage
Equip two 1hders with NEW higher dps augs...
Behold the best survivability DPS in the game...

Right now warriors fit their position .. "Best" tank .. the little bit of dps they add is low but thats the tradeoff
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:25:29 am by Paldail » Logged

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 12:28:17 am »

Yeah there is no need at this time for anger aug update. Warriors have been fixed with the new 2hs. This is an outdated concept.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:19 am »

Also if you want more dps for warriors you can always add Icestrike augs.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 03:24:05 am »

As long as I am not the only one that feels that way!

-Hate

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 06:20:06 am »

I absolutely agree.  The whole point of warriors existence is to absorb damage and hold aggro, not to be dps... 

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 06:38:46 am »

If this is done then groups would just go back to being nothing but paladins and warriors. This is pretty much where we moved away from.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:14 am »

Holy friggin' crap, did Xiggie and I just see mostly eye to eye?

IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE! TAKE COVER!

Seriously though, it seems insane to go back to something that we are finally moving out away from. If anything, before we worry about extreme high end warriors augs...where are the caster augs? (To be fair, we need to agree on what a caster aug should have as an effect)

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081