Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:19:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Honestly....what do you expect from newer player  (Read 14182 times)
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 11:23:15 am »

Its challenging, but not the way it was. And there was a long time that it was not. My statement stands. And yes, I still play live....AND I tried Cata (wife wanted to be a Kung Fu Panda). No change there, still complete shit.

Yeah, WoW isn't challenging at all. I will disagree with saying that it wasn't challenging in 2004, but other than that, it's   a completely cake walk now. Within 3 days of new raids being released the guild I was in beat all of them here a few months back.

And honestly, I would say EQ IS just as challenging as it was, unless you're talking about the stupid long grind to level up, in which case, no, it's not. But why should leveling up be where the challenge is in a game? To me, it shouldn't. The challenge should be in the progression and raids, and unless you've done all (or most all) the raids in VoA, then you probably don't know what I am talking about.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »

I am underpowered, not leet, Un skilled even in the spelling department but i still enjoying bashing my head against a wall now and them, Give it a chance the struggle is worth the reward. (Yes i know my 2 wizzys are the best of my group but damn give my SK a chance to shine!!)

Foodfight

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 12:15:27 am »

First post, yeah, but been here almost a year now. I came to EZ Server because I missed the difficulty of EQ. Granted, it's not the same as old EQ where you needed specific classes for encounters (beyond the Triad) I like the ability to box and solo, and I appreciate it. I'd like it more if debuffs were effective, but EZ Server is still the best out there, imo. Time consuming is an EQ trademark - Soon(tm) - is evidence to that, as is hours in a hell level for one bub of xp, or grinding Thurgadin/Kromwell faction, Rangers/Druids can't raid PoG,TRAIN RIGHT!!! Memories....

My point is:  Yes, endgame is the goal, but getting there should be the fun of it, the endgame is the reward. If the entry levels get easier, you miss out on a lot. Mostly, the people and reputations. Those at endgame have nothing else to do except upgrade items or raise alts, so it's fun to get them there quickly and have them contribute to the farming pool. The new people want to get to the top tier quickly because other people are there (competition). Both end up getting what they want due to complaining and the old timers end up resenting the newcomers because it's easier for the new guys... It happens in every game. Since this is an endgame based server, getting to 70 should be relatively fast, but the tiers should be painful if appropriately geared.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I love playing Demon's Souls and Dark Souls - for the nostalgic difficulty and actual penalty for death - over any current MMORPG . I just miss the chat and grouping, so I play here and get the chat at least with /ooc.

Four of my toons have their 2.5s and I work on QVIC if I feel like it. I'm an altoholic/strategist building a team and just having fun here, but the easier it gets, the less I enjoy it, beyond the first. My solution is to do the solo loop to 70, group 2.0(s), FG/CG camping and PL for RoA levels. Nine accounts eats a bit of time, but it distracts me from the stupid crap in my life indefinitely, which is the overall point.

Thank you, Hunter, for giving me something fun to play. I appreciate every minute I can log in. Saluud.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 03:36:51 am »

+1

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent