Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:37:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Honestly....what do you expect from newer player  (Read 14184 times)
Undeterred

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

Today's little updates... have really put me on the fence...

Honestly... what do you expect from newer players Hunter? I don't want a hand out on... BUT I do expect to have the same oppurtunity as the players before...

What super duper item or rule has come in existence in the last year or two that basically caused so many nerfs? Please explain, as I wasn't around.

First it was the drop rate of level 6 LDoN way back when, making level 4 the hunting group with much less return.

A few weeks ago it was Shadow's drop rate of charm upgrades... you did admit, to putting it back in but with a lower rate...

Last week it was Air's new AE DD's... I was just about to try a mob when you pulled that out... this scared me off, and figured, I better bone up on some charm upgrades before moving on.

Now it's give Shadow fear... I have wiped 5 out of 6 attempts, the last one he poofed anyway

And what about proc rates, by your own addmission, lower level players will have much lower proc rates than our predecessors at this stage, and high level players will have higher proc rates than ever before... tell me this isn't elitism?

That's fine if you don't want to make it EASY to get UC... but it's wrong to make the hill steeper

I have played through the content pretty much on my own, with little loot from rot or purchase. Ask Nocca, I declined offers for help a couple of times.

So, now what.... I really would like to know what massive change made it such that all these nerfs keep coming in (Proc rate is a nerf unless you're elite ), or do you never want current new players to have a chance to play current content?

Please let us know what you want from the lower end player all I'm asking for is equal oppurtunity
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:36:03 pm by Undeterred » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:20:43 pm »

I agree with everything you said except the UC getting harder and maybe proc rates, though I have not logged in to test. Charm farming in ldons have gotten a lot easier. The drop rate was put in when people could do 2 or 3 mobs at a time, now people can pull an entire floor. Mob respawn timers have been bumped up as well.

Fear and DT's have always been a huge turn away for me. They take away 100% of skill and have the encounter based solely off of luck. You can take 2 people, one guy sucks and one guy is an eq god and give them the same gear, the guy who sucks gets a lucky rng and beats the encounter while the guy who is an eq god gets one bad rng for the encounter and loses.

I saw all the changes and was glad that I am playing right now, lol. I wouldn't get too discouraged though. Hunter has made changes in the past and then listened to feedback on the forums and made change accordingly.

Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:26:49 pm »

The drop rate was put in when people could do 2 or 3 mobs at a time, now people can pull an entire floor. Mob respawn timers have been bumped up as well.
Why could you only pull 2-3 at a time? can you please elaborate when...

When I went through it for the first few times... I only pulled one at a time... just to get a charm for each of my key toons. Warrior, Paladin and Cleric. I was able to do 2 at a time near the end.

Then I struggled through Qvic, wiped many, many times, that was hell and took me forever... I slipped into LDoN's occasionaly to see if my new uber gear could do well in LDoN... Lvl 6 I still was only able to pull 2-3 mobs at best.

then I started Dragons got a few pieces, and then went back to plump up charm levels a bit for survivability. I could do about 10 at a time in instances. No zone wide.

I now have my 3.5 and I still cannot pull the entire zone ... I'll get owned, I can pull a lot, but not even close to zonewide. My guess is I will be able to pull entire zone around T4 or T5. But that's when I will probably neeed an UC or two, or three to survive.

I think there's some confusion between NEW players, and players getting PL'd and then going back and UCing a crew...

So at what time could you only pull 2 or 3? When first starting LDoN? if that's the case, it's still 2-3. Even after Qvic, level 6 is only 2-3 mobs. (and I'm talking for a group of toons, not solo)

I think, in Hunter's attempt to keep the PL'ers from creating a UC armies, he's hurting honest players who just want to keep progressing.

Start from scratch without your T5 and T6 toons there for support and see how many LDoN mobs you can take at a time. Then head to HoH and see how fast Avatars and Shadow drop. I think you'd be suprised, the game has not changed that much that we need to make it more difficult.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 08:29:36 pm by Undeterred » Logged
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »

For your sake dude, i hope he makes shit a hell of alot harder. Seems like the summer time is when all the bitches stay inside and want to complain about shit.
Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 09:04:23 pm »

Seems like the summer time is when all the bitches stay inside and want to complain about shit.

lawl only cuz it's hot outside...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 11:17:37 pm »

I started this server just before 3.0 came out. We farmed our charms with BoT and PoTimeA gear. With a well organized group we could pull 1 to 3 mobs and that is how we farmed our charms. I say BoT and PoTimeA gear because PoTimeA used to be super laggy if you had more than 2 or 3 toons in there. Yep, that means we had to carry our 1.0 toons to get gear so we could survive with 2 or 3 toons in PoTimeA to get our 1.5. Before we could even think about getting all the way to ldon6 or pulling more than one mob we had to get our gear from ldons. So it was a floatation between ldons and potimea before we got to farming charm. Farming charms in Ldons 1 to 3 mobs at a time was super boring so after we got our 2.0 and 2.5 out of the way we would take our little teams over to Qvic to get some gear there. And that is where we learned the term "curb stomp". Our first pull with our warrior having a lvl 2 to 5 guardian resulted in every one of our toons getting kicked in the little girl. So then we would take our sorry buts back over to ldons for more charm farming. We'd try again when we got the guardian charm to level 11 on our warrior and cleric.... yep, cleric too because oracle did not stack with focus of healing. At this point we could get a little farther in till we get to the telosian stonemites. Those things hurt. So you head back to ldons to get your guardian charm to at least 21, 25 if you're a cutter. We head back and we are rockin. We make it through the stonemites and all that, get to the ramp and start looking for bosses. Lets just say finding out they pop right after killing a trash mob was very interesting. Another thing that was interesting was the adds. If we were lucky we managed to pop off stonewall. Our poor clerics? Well, they weren't so lucky. As soon as they pop off a heal, boom dead. So through trial and error we find out ok, we need to tag the mobs with the warrior or do some sort of aoe taunt. We get that part worked out after a few rezzes and trudging all the way back there only to find out the fight is going to last longer than our stonewall. Defensive disc you say? Nope, wasn't working yet. We need more dps which means making a mage if we didn't have one already because mage pet did more dps than any other class on the server.

This is literally how this part of our ez career went back then. This took months of playing. I remember only the most dedicated players had a lvl 25 charm. People fawned over a lvl 25 charm link because they knew it was something that took months to do. The point in which people were able to pull wings at a time in ldon6? T2 with a lvl 25 charm because that was the max that was available back then. It has gotten a lot easier. DPS for one thing has gone up hugely. Another huge thing that has made a crazy difference is the market. People never sold anything back then because plat had no value. Paladins are yet another huge difference.

Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

oh yeah well i walked up hill both ways in knee deep snow with a boner just to get a condom...
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

Thank you for the insight Xig...
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 11:38:34 pm »

For your sake dude, i hope he makes shit a hell of alot harder. Seems like the summer time is when all the bitches stay inside and want to complain about shit.

Well since you put it that way i better stay outside this summer....
Mr.V.Light

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 04:57:36 pm »

I usually just lurk these forums as I haven't had time to play much at all lately... but just to weigh in here...

the thing you're all talking about is mudflation.

every game with a persistent world encounters this... and there's really very few ways to counter it if you even decide to at all.

yeah things were probably harder, and laggier, back when the server was new.. but that 'endgame' (by Xiggie's post, 2.5s and ldon gear?) was much closer to new characters than the current 'endgame' (6.0s and T6?)

'maxing' your character to the point that there was nothing left to do but farm charms was a much shorter road.. so typically games end up putting in short cuts just to make it appealing to new players

this is why mainstream games put huge jumps in item power periodically.. WoW as an example, each expansion pretty much eliminates months of progression for your character, if you picked up the game now, you wouldn't have to farm through T1-T2-T3 etc, you'd skip the first 10 tiers of raid gear entirely, get random/quested drops as you level and probably jump straight into T13 stuff

not that I think skipping all the raid tiers and all the epic work would be a good idea here, that's part of the appeal to EQ in general for a lot of people, but making it quicker to get through is really just trying to artificially shorten the road to endgame that's gotten longer over the years.. not entirely a bad thing.
Liveye

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »

"Elitism" mentioned, turning off brain. Go away...
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:52 pm »

I think making a way to "skip" maybe Qvic/Tacvi would be a good idea. Even in Live EQ you didn't have to do EVERY progression before doing the next progression. If so, it would have taken players forever to find the people to help them to get to new tiers. That would be like, when GoD was released the only way you could step foot into GoD was if you did Kunark, Velious, Luclin, etc.

Making a way to skip some progression when you have so much more new content released is NOT a bad thing. Even if it's just tradeable gear being dropped in random zones that is Qvic/Tacvi stat-level and then making T1 the starting point for progression armor. I know I'll get flamed for saying that, but it's the truth. Saying otherwise is just bringing back the big "E" word way of thinking whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

I plan on making a completely new 6-box and leveling them up/gearing them legitimately after already getting toons into T5 with epic 4.5's. I guess it's probably gonna take months to get back to the same place I was, and that's AFTER I already know the way around the server and zones. This is completely discouraging for completely new players when it takes them months to get not even 1/5th of the way finished with progression, but I guess if Hunter and the community don't want that many new players, then just keep it the same.

Just my 2 cents.  

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 12:26:48 am »

quoting myself from another post...

So what I see are people "asking" for it to be made "easier", but instead what they really are asking for is "Faster"

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 01:08:05 am »

Quoting Hunter from that same thread...

This game is getting easier and easier with each update, but the best items will take time to acquire. The "Hardcore" players will always have better gear than the "Casual" players, its always been this way.

Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 01:29:55 am »

Okay, just simply stating it doesn't make sense for in the future to have to go from Qvic-T201.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209