Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:14:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Unspent AA points..  (Read 37193 times)
Blackee

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:08:40 am »

When you max out aa, and can continue to gain points, it seems to me it's very sad to not have anything to spend the points on. I don't know your future plans, or if you plan on making any other AA tabs (or even if you can, not sure). Me and a couple folks on OOC were chatting that charm upgrades are few and far between, and thus this encourages the overcamping of floors 2-6 LDON to achieve credits and possible chances at charm upgrades (on floor 6).

My question is this:

Can you make a vendor, specifically tailored to eat AA points in exchange for Charm upgrades? This way, it would encourage a majority of the people to stay away from pages/cards unless they truly needed them, and those who can gain AA as easily as LDON trash/bosses can store up points anywhere they can AA (thus removing the overcamping from LDON). I know this is a random shot in the dark, and not even sure if you can do something like this, but I think it'd be interesting.

You could set the upgrades to be high, as well, such as 100-200 AA per upgrade, or have it scale up for certain charm levels, like 50 AA, upgrades 1-10, 100 AA 11-20, 200 AA 21-30, etc etc. I dunno, I just though it would be interesting to see if we can score upgrades elsewhere as well.

Follow2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:13:28 am »

With loads of people having over 15k points rotting and the ease of getting AA's, I'd say if hunter does implement something like this it would probably be 10-15k AA's for an upgrade.  AA's are just to easy to get! 

Soloni

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:25:13 am »

I do not know about doing the system through AA. But, I do like the idea of getting charms another way. The new LDoN system has its pros and cons. The con that I dislike most is LDoN and alts. Some chars can't even do LDoN without help. Unless you box, this could become exceedingly difficult to progress your char with charms. If you do box, it is still a pain to move at a decent pace, loot with alt, at continue to move through the zone when there is other people in the zone as well.

The card selling system is amazing though. For a single box that is running through and is able to do it efficiently, there can be huge sums of points that the player can receive.

WTB an open tiki at any time of the day please, last 5 days perma camped makes me sad in the pants.
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:55:57 am »

With loads of people having over 15k points rotting and the ease of getting AA's, I'd say if hunter does implement something like this it would probably be 10-15k AA's for an upgrade.  AA's are just to easy to get! 

Yeah, would really need to have a high "price" for an upgrade. Just bumming around and pl'ing some folks I've banked 5-6k aa's. Can't imagine with the people that have been playing a year + even.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 09:09:45 am »

I've heard this request before, but haven't looked into it yet. I don't know if there is any code to verify how much aa a player has or to remove any of it for a 'purchase'.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:51:27 am »

with Seed of destruction, will should have some new AA (if i am not wrong, i read the trevius post). So i think you will be able to spend them.

ok , i know people with 15kAA should spend the 2k new aa and still have 13k...
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:47:00 pm »

IDK much about making quests but isnt there a gm command to check unspent AA's and take away AA's??
Cant u just do

#check AA's

aa=gets_to.i(or whatever)

if aa >= to 15000 then
 "blah blah blah you have (#aa)! Would you like to spend 15000 for a charm upgrade? Yes or No

answer=gets_to.i

if answer == yes then
  #gm command to take AA's away
  #gm command to give charm upgrade.

anyways this is the general idea, I dont do much programming, still learning and IDK what program you use for quest writing so cant really help very much but just wondering if this helps at all, i guess it really depends on if there is a command to check AA's and take AA's away. If anyone has a a link to GM commands I could look at that would be awesome
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:58:49 pm »

Code:
#AA Vendor to exchange AA points for Items, Charm Upgrades, Flags, whatever...

sub EVENT_SAY
{
  #get client AA total
  my $playerAA = $client->GetAAPoints();
  my $NPCname = $npc->GetCleanName();
  my $item = quest::saylink("item", 1);

if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
  $client->Message(315, " ");
$client->Message(315, "$NPCname whispers to you, 'You have $playerAA AA. Spend 1000 AA for an [$item]?'");
}

if($text=~/item/i)
{
  #makes sure player has ENOUGH aa for purchase
  if($playerAA >= 1000)
  {
    #removes 1000 AA from the $playerAA total and sets the AA points to that value.
      $client->SetAAPoints($playerAA - 1000);

#makes sure player data is saved to database immediately after adjusting AA
      quest::save();

#make sure NPC now has updated AA value.
      $playerAA = $client->GetAAPoints();

#spacer, to make it easier to read~
  $client->Message(315, "$NPCname whispers to you, 'You have spent 1000 AA!'");
  #Insert code here to give items, charm levels, whatever you want.           
}

elsif($playerAA <= 999)
{
  #spacer, to make it easier to read~
      $client->Message(315, "$NPCname whispers to you, 'You do not have enough AA for this purchase! Required: 1000, You have: $playerAA'");
    }
}

}

This code was written by Kejek/Kejina/Sersly of my guild.  Feel free to use it, modify it, whatever, Hunter.
Kejek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:01:17 am »

pastebin screwed up the tabbing.

Oh god, im so anal about that. Ugh. Sad
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:03:15 am »

Now that some people were nice enough to provide the code for AA to be spent on items, what shall we give out? I know this would create MORE trains on our servers as people would be looking for max aa per hour to spend. Any ideas of fair items to give out, and how to prevent people from making even bigger trains than they already are?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kejek

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:31:22 am »

I personally though stat buff food, augments, even Charm Upgrades.

However, to limit people going crazy, limit the purchases that can be done within a time frame.

stat buff food could be worth 10aa maybe, and be purchased unlimited times through the day.

augments could anywhere from 100-500aa, depending on the augment. Limit those to maybe 1 purchase every day, or every other day.

Charm upgrades could be 1000-1500aa (maybe increasing the amount for the level of the charm, ie: buy your begining charm with 100aa, upgrade to level 2 is 200aa, 300aa for level 3, etc etc) but only allow for 1 purchase a day at levels 1 through 10, one purchase every 3 days at 10-20, and one purchase every week for everything after that.

That way people will get their first 1k or so AA, and just purchase their three day item, and wont feel pressed to train massive amounts to do it quicker, as there's an artificial block. It also makes getting charms after 20 relatively slow, and makes the current system slightly better for that if you want to power it up (however, you still would get the bonus of 1 upgrade every week for all that extra AA you get while farming LDoN points :X)

You should be able to use a global to let the server know when a client can purchase another of that specific upgrade/item.

Note: All these values/timers are just randomly pulled from my ass. They may/may not reflect fair values, or good time limits, however I am just trying to get the idea across! Tongue

Theres a lot of stuff you could do with extra AA points. Trade for instant levels for a FIRST TIME 70 (ie, doesnt work for anyone doing RoA)? Buy FG/CG items? (This helps with people farming the crap out of the lowbie zones too!) Extremely annoying items? (Ranger arrow from Tacvi.. i hate it Sad )

So on and so forth.

Edit: Limited Charges Call of the Hero Stone. DO IT! OH GOD PLEASE DO IT! Tongue
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:40:43 am by Kejek » Logged
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:16 am »

I'd love to buy the augs from Plane of Dragons.  Even just parts to make the augs.  I've soloed so much there and earned so much AA, it'd be nice to use the AA for just what i was after.
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 12:00:12 pm »

The whole idea was to take focus OFF of the LDoN farming because it overcrowds the zones for the people who sincerely need the bosses. I understand pages rot sometimes, but it's annoying when you got to wait behind a boxer farming points.. Hmmm...

As to where you could place the vendor - somewhere near noobie merchant. You could copy the high end items from noobie merchant (IE: Fabled, Tinkerer's bags, V2's, stat food/drinks) as well as charm upgrades, augments - and as was mentioned, you could make it only available in a certain timeframe, like a "Daily Quest" that most MMOs have these days, as an example - this way, there's no true "rush" to farm it as much as possible, because it'll be capped and something you'd earn over the course of the day like normal. I know you're still concerned about trains, but I doubt this would add any more then usual because if limited by a daily or even weekly restriction, people will just farm in PoFire like normal, or head off to a non-custom zone where they have all the AA to themselves. I'm not technically worried on train griefing in this situation because I've farmed AA just from doing LDoN runs, Plane of Time helping, and more. Again, impose a strict limit on number of purchases/how often, and it should eliminate the worry of trains.

You could use system of ranking on the items, 3 low items per day (stacks of food/drink), 2 medium items per day (V2's or Tinks), or one big item per day (charm upgrade, good augment). Or just one item per day if it's easier, and make them really think about it. Whatever works.

As it's said, nothing is set in stone, we're just trying to help you think of the best route to take. Maybe in our ramblings you'd be able to hobble together an accurate idea of what you want to do.

PS: COTH stones would f'in pimp as shit. No lie, I think I'd wait a week to get a stack of them. /cough

Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 02:37:50 pm »

If anything remove the charm drops from ldon 6 bosses, slightly increase the drop rate off trash on all levels getting better the higher the level in LDoN.  This will help 2x.  People will not perma-camp level 6 bosses.  Classes that cannot solo LDoN will be able to get help from people running through for charms.  Eg - I'll run you through LDoN for your pages and you let me know if the charm drops. 

I really dont like the idea of getting my charm maxed through spending my ton of AA's and easily purchasing a max charm.  They were never meant to be easy, and I still enjoy seeing that oracle charm drop every now and then.  Its a real WOOOHOOO!!! moment as it should be.  I am in support of putting items that are not worn or permanent for purchase.  Maybe kick ass pet weaps or armor, better stats food that disappears when you log, anything as long as its not permanent.  This will give you something to spend your AA's on without changing to much.  Spend 200 AA's when you log on to get a nice bit of kick ass food/drink or pet gears.  Gives AA's some use without giving us an easier way to get stuff you purposely made difficult to get.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Would be interested to see comments

Follow Me - 70 Bst
Bite Me - 70 Dru
Pummel Me - 70 War
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 02:43:18 pm »

Words like "Easily" and "Max" don't float with me. I barely have 400 aa unspent and that's from power levelling, and I doubt even people that have played a year+ have enough AA to purchase a max one through this system, though I do like the idea of increasing droprates on the trash monsters to something more then 1/1000 (as it seems).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:45:08 pm by Blackee » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061