Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:51:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Unspent AA points..  (Read 34312 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »

I for one am glad the aa for charm upgrades did not go through. In theory it is a good idea but in practice it would make the train and zone crashing issues ever worse than they already are. Personally I think it would be a good idea to limit the amount of ring runs a toon can do in one day.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2010, 07:06:08 pm »

i dont agree with that really.
If someone wants to stay up and do 16 runs in a day, wasting roughly 8 to 11 hours of their life.. they should be able to. I would if i didnt work so often. limiting that would just hurt those willing to go the extra mile for their gear. lumping them in with the "casual players"
the server hardware is good enough to make the server run no problem with the trains, its just the code that needs to me analyzed and figure out whats wrong, with how to fix hopefully.

sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 08:33:37 am »

Hunter has already said that there will not be anything able to purchase with AA's before.  He was talked with his other GM's and they agree'd that it would just create a problem with training so there will not be any chance of getting them to change AA's to be able to buy charms/roa's/gear with them.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 10:01:23 pm »

think this thread is more of a hypothetical conversation now. just to let you know. IF Hunter allowed some sort of exchange of AA for "X"

Hunter has already said that there will not be anything able to purchase with AA's before.  He was talked with his other GM's and they agree'd that it would just create a problem with training so there will not be any chance of getting them to change AA's to be able to buy charms/roa's/gear with them.

Nogard

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 01:55:26 pm »

How about an ability or purchased potion that consumes AA points for a moderate (40-60%) temporary boost in run speed. Kind of like the "Nitro" button in that old-school "Super Off-Road" arcade game. Like 1 AA for every 10 seconds of boost.

I don't think this ability would be so desirable that people would farm PoFire for extra AAs but it would be fun to use every now and then after AAs are naturally gained.

-Nogard
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 07:12:46 pm »

How about an ability or purchased potion that consumes AA points for a moderate (40-60%) temporary boost in run speed. Kind of like the "Nitro" button in that old-school "Super Off-Road" arcade game. Like 1 AA for every 10 seconds of boost.

I don't think this ability would be so desirable that people would farm PoFire for extra AAs but it would be fun to use every now and then after AAs are naturally gained.

-Nogard

i dont know why, but i just imagined someone training a bunch of T1 mobs onto a camp with this....
use speed boost, out run mobs, run through a group, FD or die... bam group gone and place stolen.

shea851

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 02:52:20 am »

I want to use my extra AA to purchase Tribute points.

Bavarian
Nogard

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 05:58:33 am »

-Nogard

i dont know why, but i just imagined someone training a bunch of T1 mobs onto a camp with this....
use speed boost, out run mobs, run through a group, FD or die... bam group gone and place stolen.

You don't think this is possible already? People can already out-run mobs and have the means to train all day, in any zone. I don't know why there is such a huge fear of trains.. it's EQ, they happen. 

I don't train for xp and I don't like trains period, but the server can now apparently handle large ones and they will, unfortunately, occur regardless of what new tools/incentives are available.

This whole "if we make X-ability/reward available then more trains will happen" argument just reminds me of, "if we make marijuana legal then we will have more heroin addicts."

The fear of trains should not be a wild-card roadblock to all new ideas imo.
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 09:44:39 am »

How about something simple, a augment for your charm that gives a 1 HP bonus for each banked AA.

Have 2000 banked AA? Thats 2000 Bonus HP....and cap it wherever, say maybe at 5000.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 10:19:12 am »

How about something simple, a augment for your charm that gives a 1 HP bonus for each banked AA.

Have 2000 banked AA? Thats 2000 Bonus HP....and cap it wherever, say maybe at 5000.

The thing is, making a code to exchange AA points for things like that would be difficult. It should be possible to screenshot your banked AAs and Hunter just gives you the items personally after you present the screenshots as proof but thats a ton of work...

Blood of the Akkadian
Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2010, 03:05:34 am »

Tbh, the code for AA exchange isn't hard at all...
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 08:43:04 am »

I have over 2 million tribute points. Just go to Oasis and kill orcs, loot every chest and leg armor piece you can and there you go, 200k points.

Tribute doesn't work anyway. =(

The whole idea of trading AA points for HP sounds like another rung on the ladder for warriors to climb while every other non-dps class is still waiting on the ground, hands on hips, tapping their foot, with a look of disdain on their face. I'd rather see AA skills being fixed/changed to fit the server before new stuff.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 10:18:59 am »

I have over 2 million tribute points. Just go to Oasis and kill orcs, loot every chest and leg armor piece you can and there you go, 200k points.

Tribute doesn't work anyway. =(

The whole idea of trading AA points for HP sounds like another rung on the ladder for warriors to climb while every other non-dps class is still waiting on the ground, hands on hips, tapping their foot, with a look of disdain on their face. I'd rather see AA skills being fixed/changed to fit the server before new stuff.

This.

I say you all need to be patient. You know how bad you guys are gonna /facepalm when you work for months getting one of these  ideas implemented and you waste 5k+ AAs on some pointless retarded item or ability then the next day the SoF/SoD AAs are implemented and you realize "Fuck instead of this stupid pet dinosaur or extra 5 hp i could have bought ALL these AAs in one sitting."

Just leave it alone, let them pile up. When in the future (no matter how far in the future it is) the new AAs (or possibly custom AAs) become available you can put them to use. THEN bitch about the left overs ;P

Blood of the Akkadian
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 10:30:17 am »

Hunter has made it very clear, you will not be trading AA's for HP/Items as per discussions between him and Basher. I agree with this, it would be far to easy for people to afk for aa's 24/7 hence it's a bad idea. Any class with a pet could simply park in a hostile zone and walk away building aa's at 0 risk with no limits.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:02:24 am »

Should just lock this thread tbh, people will just keep posting without reading all the posts previously about "There will not be an AA to <thing> exchange ever"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)