Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:41:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Pet Classes  (Read 20739 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:17:02 pm »

I see in the database the pets table has an equipment set field and there are pet_equipment tables to create those sets.

Would be interesting to make certain tier/epic pets auto spawn with certain equipment that has worn effects like stonewall or something.

Will experiment with that at some point in the near future.

Also will probably create addition quest of Casters Guild and/or Essences to make Pet classes worth having for DPS without pet dying, but also without OP making Warriors obsolete.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »

how about having a new mage summon spell i know on live it got to the point where you come summon +hp/strikethru armor for pets..maybe give them a new summon spell which summons a bag of weapons to give pets and a bag of armor to equipt htem with? make them tradea ble so they could have a small market out there for it...and have the spell like T6 only and very rare to drop type thing? idk just an idea
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:40:28 pm »

I could make summon armor but not tradeable. Players need to earn the right for their own pets to be powerful, not get fast n easy power level from a high level pet character.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 12:23:43 am »

I could make summon armor but not tradeable. Players need to earn the right for their own pets to be powerful, not get fast n easy power level from a high level pet character.

I say it is probably time for Fireblade 3.0 (time willing). It would be nice to let mages have a halfstep up to compensate for their summoning goodness. (i.e. Fireblade 3.5 :-P)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

At what point do pet classes struggle? Maybe T3/T4? If so I can use that flag for the FBv3 to add a 65% stonewall or something.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:40:25 am »

65% stonewall is overkill to the max for pets!   Grin

A tiered item like this maybe??

30% stonewall for all ranks... but the Slot 1  Max damage modifier would scale with each rank up?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:50:56 am »

Stonewall would only affect melee too.

Could make buff with high resist? I think the Shaman buff can increase resist cap? Then pets would get higher and higher resist until eventually the NPC AOE's that have -1000 resist would get resisted.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:19 am »

Its not spell AoE that chunks pets. Its the flurry/ramp that happens to all frontal targets. T5 is the point where 90% of all pet classes become obsolete due to this. The necro pet is the only one with survivability (and barely, if that) in t5+ unless youre spot on with pet positioning. My experience is only with the 4.0 and below pets, so Ive no experience with the 5.0+ in t5 and above.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:05 am »

Pets are eating it on the backside too.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 02:34:30 am »

Pets are eating it on the backside too.

Giggity...

But on a serious note.. after 4.0 ... the 5.0 and 6.0 pets seem pretty good at surviving to me.

I do remember trying to do corals with a 4.0 pet and 20 minutes later I logged off my pet classes and did it without them.

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 09:22:10 am »

Being fairly new to T5, yes, T4 magician pets do die fairly quickly with necro pets a bit better due to lifetap proc.

I'd like to see mages get some summoned armor with significant hp boosts or stonewall affect on there (assuming of course pets receive benefits from gear on EMU).  In lieu of that, FBV3 please!

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

I still use a mage in T5 because only because I'd rather not lvl up another toon. And ya the mage pet eats it constantly, necro not as much but still has survivability issues. Problem with summoned items n stuff is downtime.  With pet class epic cast times being so brutal it adds a ton of downtime, let alone buffing getting Fireblades up, then summoning armor would be too painful. Would be better if they spawned with the items already equipped (can this be done and if so Tier appropriate items of course).
Just a thought.
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 11:06:43 am »

Summoning the armor sets beforehand solves that. Yes, it would be a pain in the ass, but if they have stonewall or something on em, the frequency to summon them wouldnt be bad at all.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:05 am »

At what point do pet classes struggle? Maybe T3/T4? If so I can use that flag for the FBv3 to add a 65% stonewall or something.

My necro's pet gets waxed by rampage in HoH rather frequently. Maybe add the FBv3 with the HoH/T3/T4 flag, or at least the Stonewall.

And instead of summoned armor, couldn't it just be done FB style? Hail them to equip?

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »

Maybe starting with T3, creating a three pet permanent Stonewalls.

Mage Pet Stonewall - ~55%
Other Pet Stonewall - ~25%

Mage pet would obviously get the large one as they are defined by their pets. Necromancers, Enchanters, Beastlords would get the the other Stonewall. 100% uptime and undispelable.

The necro could receive ~15-20% more HP than Mage pet to add that lifetap-tank dynamic.

Enchanters and Beastlords would simply be given the 25% to keep pet alive, but to encourage them not to live by the pets.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988