Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:14:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: RoA Quest Fix  (Read 33243 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 07:32:54 pm »

Incinerating aura has a pretty bad proc rate (almost all defensive procs do for some reason on EMU) and was hardly the problem. It's basically just the bard DS on level 1s. my SK could solo 1-47 in about 15 minutes using a coral hilted tulwar and a shaman 3.0 click with no other buffs, but the aoe range of that got nerfed sadly. Probably still doable in about 30 now, but you can no longer do 1-26 in kurns in 2 pulls :p

Proc rate was fixed when Hunter updated the server awhile back. The spell was VERY good for power leveling.. and a pretty decent amount of DPS in higher tiers as well.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 07:36:47 pm »

Proc rate was fixed when Hunter updated the server awhile back. The spell was VERY good for power leveling.. and a pretty decent amount of DPS in higher tiers as well.

Interesting, so it actually does what it was designed to do. So...what to do to stop exploitation?

A) Apply Level 70 Requirement (which, I've read, doesn't work correctly/at-all)
B) Allow only in content zones (PoT, LDON, QVIC, TACVI, etc etc etc)
C) Blame Xiggie
D) All of the Above

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:29 pm »

May answer is "C"

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »

Well with current stuff i'd like to see maybe Riftseekers or even MPG (with trails) as the leveling there are many camps and he can add certin stuff to which could be fun... i know there where lots of mobs in MPG at least... i know Crystalos or whatever had lots of mobs in it so there are zones he could lock to everyone but the ones doing RoA which would be nice.

i fully support Strix idea. just the zone could be anything and hunter can always add more mobs to any zone... heck he could do Walls of Slaughter and add mobs to it its big and he can lock it from the outisde world *no ports or anything* and could go form 1-55 or 1-70 in it..and 2 sides he can make one side of the wall 1-55 and the other side *side with anguish* 55-70 and inside the wall its an idea for sure i would happily due more research on the zones with lots of mobs
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 07:55:15 pm »

Forcing toons to actually melee their way through ring runs would be slower than they already are. Grouping while ring running takes a lot longer too. I am really glad I am done with my warriors. If it is what it sounds like, removing outside buffs from ring runners then I want no part of it.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 08:01:16 pm »

Honestly

The bottom line if it's a "job" and the reward vs the treadmill grind isn't there.... it's zero fun.

To many "treadmills" in the game any let's not make 1 worse.

Even with the Xp changes currently let them build their RoA buff Team and get it done. It still takes a good dedication to get thru the 1st 100.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
sofaking

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 08:14:04 pm »

Just put it on a timer.  No sense in nerfing all of us who are not uber yet.

I have 6 guys, none with UC or ROA, barely any charms etc.  My guys were not strong enough to get charms during Halloween.  Now I sit with a group of guys, all done with T2, but just barely can do HoH.  So, figured ROA would be a good thing to do, but now it seems all xp everywhere is boinked.

If you are trying to fix how long it takes, then put the quest on a timer.  No need for all these other changes.

Keep it simple.  Fix the main problem which it sounds like, people are doing them too fast.
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

Rather than try to make the old stuff harder, why not continue pushing the new stuff? This is just like when all the uber players farmed millions of plat in BoT and then it was nerfed, and then they were farming shadow for charms and then his drop rate was nerfed, then T3/T4 were made nigh impossible for new groups to break in (of course that was fixed, but the idea was there)

You made RoA 500, if you want people to actually get to experience the new thing you've created, nerfing the hell out of RoA 1-100 is not the way to do it IMO.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »

Forcing toons to actually melee their way through ring runs would be slower than they already are. Grouping while ring running takes a lot longer too. I am really glad I am done with my warriors. If it is what it sounds like, removing outside buffs from ring runners then I want no part of it.

Yes and no xiggie he can up the group xp earned in the zones to amke it go fastrer he can make it so that solo xp is 1-2x and grouping being 3x per full group or some veration of it
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:13 pm »

PoFire was always the longest part of RoA for me.

Would take 30 minutes to do an RoA mostly because of the 47-70 grind.

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »

If the ring runs are being done to fast just put a timer on the ROA keeper. that simple.
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »

PoFire was always the longest part of RoA for me.

Would take 30 minutes to do an RoA mostly because of the 47-70 grind.

Right, now imagine PoF starts at 55, and he wants to nerf DS damage.
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »

Why complicate the mess? Exp was fixed. Part of doing backflag stuff (which is basically what RoA 1-100 is for anyone in the t6 range), is being able to power through it quickly. I can totally see trying to slow things down a bit, but for those that put the work in to make a druid for the ds/regen, cleric hp buff, etc, it seems like nerfing all that would be counterproductive.

I know I have a druid that I use just for RoA, and thats about his only purpose. Take that away, as well as other buffs, and all the work that went into making these classes desirable goes to shit.

The RoA 1-100 isnt the hard part. 100+ is. Even if people manage a 1-100 in an hour, they still have to pay the piper on the new 101-500 stuff.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 09:47:44 pm »

If Hunter's intention is 60 mins then that's kind of the point.

If it's a dedicated zone and the intention is that it take you 60 mins to complete then Hunter just needs to adjust the exp accordingly (taking into consideration an unbuffed toon) so that the cycle can be completed in that time-frame.

Would love to hear some other options on this that don't involve disabling high end buffs to stop people Power leveling toons.  This seems pretty close to answering Hunter's requirements while not needing to adjust high end buffs.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »

Two years or so ago I suggested limiting the amount of ring runs by time. A forced 60 minute wait between turn ins. Adjusting mobs so the exp is fast enough so that no one can do it in less than an hour means that lower geared toons will spend half a day in there trying to level.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)