Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:09:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: RoA Quest Fix  (Read 33313 times)
Liveye

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 04:59:43 pm »

"Now I realize that after some one gets deleveled, they have a high level player buff them, esp with regen, ds, etc."

This IS Everquest, right? Twinks and buffs are a matter of course Smiley...
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 05:12:00 pm »

2 hour repeat is too long. We are wanting to stop people from doing 10 minutes.

30 minutes min to 1 hour max should be the time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 05:19:58 pm »

1 hour per rank is fine.  I see a lot of "penalizing the newer players" due to buffs.  I haven't played a lot here, however, I think I might have had a total of 3 times where I was lucky enough to grab some big buffs.  I did not box, just starting, to make that clear.  Last time I rolled the ring(am rank 5 atm) it took just over 4 hours i think, without any uber buffs.  I was playing my paladin doing that, who had roughly 100 aa I believe.

Perhaps you could adjust the DS to return dmg equal to the level of the toon it lands on? (I mentioned this in /ooc already, and was responded too, so never mind this .. although it would solve a lot)

This isn't going to affect any players who do not have the uber box teams, or are friends with the big boxers.  Nerfing the xp to the ground will hurt a lot though. 8 hours per RoA is 800 hours to get to 100, I have patience - but not that much patience. 10 hours a week playtime *most* weeks = 80 weeks.  Not likely to retain many new players with that.

I hope to see more of the ubers laying out some buffs and whatnot, or Hunter roll out a decent mix for nerfing and making the grind for non-ubers a little better.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 05:33:58 pm »

I don't mind people trying to power level with buffs, but a level 1 character with 300k HP, super Regen, super DS, going into a level 70 zone killing stuff with a proc to get a rank every 10 minutes is not the point of the RoA quest. Since the beginning my goal was 1 hour per rank, and yes we were long over due for a rebalance on this.

Custom BD Gear tradeable and wearable at level 1 for extra HP is ok. It cost money to make (Unless you got lucky at Holloween Event). You would still have to have DPS to kill the mobs.

DS will probably get nerfed in the future when we update source code, either from no exp gain, or mobs having reduced dmg from DS.

If not the DS then I might consider a delay timer for allowing only 1 RoA per hour. This would fix all exploiters, to some extent. Someone could still just do RoA grind for 10 minutes, get a rank, then do other stuff for the rest of the hour. So the exploiters would still have some advantage of being able to do other quest while waiting for the 1hr timer.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 05:43:35 pm »

Update (rebooting):

Combed through a lot of zones putting min level requirements on a lot of high level zones since people are using DS and Proc buffs to kill level 70 mobs while they are level 1 (through use of extra HP as well from buffs, mounts, etc). Almost all the Planes of Power zones have been updated as well as some from other zones.

PoFire is level 55 zone now. The mobs begin at level 64. The level requirement and mob levels might change or tweak again in the future but for now this is the new update. Plane of Fear is a decent zone after Dulak.

Abysmal will now be a no combat zone again.

Incinerating Aura is changed to pet buff until I figure a better way to fix this. Allowing a low level noob to kill level 70 mobs is not intended.

Obviously mounts have been disallowed during the RoA turn in due to the huge amount of HP the buff gives.

Handed out over 1200 free credits today for tips on fixing the RoA quest to make it more balanced.

The intended balance is 1 hour per rank. This is why I'm changing a few things.

Willing to consider other ways to balance RoA rate that is more suitable for noobs without butt-hurting them too much.

Post your ideas here. Willing to listen and tweak some more if stuff is too hard.

Exp Potions meant to help a little bit, although rare drops too. Might make them drop off more mobs and bosses as well. And might make a way to craft them from Essences. I realize that 1 essence for a 5 dose might not be worth it, so I might consider more than 1 potiion at 5 dose each for the essence. Those recipes are not created yet but might soon.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 06:08:26 pm »

I know on live certain buffs wouldn't land on characters under a certain level, could do that with incinerating aura, etc.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

Doesn't work on EMU

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 06:45:21 pm »

Would it be possible to have the RoA NPC force port the quest toon to an exclusive zone dedicated to ROAing from levels 1 to 55? The toon would be debuffed upon porting and unable to leave until level 55. This way you have more control over the rate of exp and ensure that the quest is completed without buffs and as intended.  It also means that you don't  need to track down high end buffs and cripple them.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »

Would it be possible to have the RoA NPC force port the quest toon to an exclusive zone dedicated to ROAing from levels 1 to 55? The toon would be debuffed upon porting and unable to leave until level 55. This way you have more control over the rate of exp and ensure that the quest is completed without buffs and as intended.  It also means that you don't  need to track down high end buffs and cripple them.

I would agree with this. Preferably a PoF like zone (large mob base, no loots, stupid fast respawn) both for the "speed demons" and for the server's CPU cycles. City of Mist is a fun zone, so no crucifying it please. Possibly using something like Gulf of Gunthak (leave the blind and/or root spamming npcs, but PLEASE FFS REMOVE THE CHARMING MOBS).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »

I would agree with this. Preferably a PoF like zone (large mob base, no loots, stupid fast respawn) both for the "speed demons" and for the server's CPU cycles. City of Mist is a fun zone, so no crucifying it please. Possibly using something like Gulf of Gunthak (leave the blind and/or root spamming npcs, but PLEASE FFS REMOVE THE CHARMING MOBS).

-Hate

that also might encourage some grouping and getting to know others if you can set it that it is a little faster in a group or something with potentially a vendor that sells a gear set that is temporary
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »

Incinerating aura has a pretty bad proc rate (almost all defensive procs do for some reason on EMU) and was hardly the problem. It's basically just the bard DS on level 1s. my SK could solo 1-47 in about 15 minutes using a coral hilted tulwar and a shaman 3.0 click with no other buffs, but the aoe range of that got nerfed sadly. Probably still doable in about 30 now, but you can no longer do 1-26 in kurns in 2 pulls :p
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »

Oooh, that's a great idea Strix, imagine a 1-55 zone that has boosted exp for groups...everyone back to noob status and forced to grouping with others...that would make me grind RoA most definatelly. It's  just a matter of finding the right zone that have 4-5 sections for leveling and ofc Hunter's will to make it happen!

/Enosis
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 07:19:07 pm »

Heck, id make that 1-70 splitted in 2 zones maybe and force people into grouping...would solve the AoEing in instances lag issue  and most of afk'age, plus it would be be fun and social, no 70's allowed and kinda opens up a whole new world to crafting/farming gear for low levels ... great stuff imo
Grumblebones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:09 pm »

It's a pretty easy solution.  Just put a lvl req of 70 on all of the buffs (custom damage shields and regens) you don't want people to PL with... that was SoE did when they got all butthurt about powerleveling.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:40 pm »

Does it have to be one zone? How about a new LDoN type setup where u travel through ~5 zones till you reach lvl 70? First zone is 1-15, second is 16-25, etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)