Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:00:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: RoA Quest Fix  (Read 33169 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 10:08:21 am »

Undeterred, did you even read my last post?

I'm thinking about un-nerfing some stuff, and create another way of doing RoA at a reasonable rate.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

I still say just put a 30 min timer on it and be done with it.

50 hours is honestly still a ton of grind for an outdated artifact. This effectively keeps people from just being handed the item and limits viability on alts, pretty much each group will only ROA the tank, It's not practical for alts even at 50 hours.

Simple solution is often the best one and causes the least fuss and frustration.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:52 am »

I'm going to make PoFire level 46 again.

Exp rates on zones will stay same.

Will try to find ways to reward more with exp potions.

Incinerating Aura will remain pet only until I figure out what I want to do.

DS, Regen, and other buffs are not touched for now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:28 am »

I agree that 50-100 hours is painful for obsolete item (We have bigger and better items now, higher tiers, etc).

At 10 minutes a rank, it would take 16-17 hours. Still too fast for 100 ranks IMHO.

Maybe the new goal should to be to throttle it near 20-30 minutes per rank?

I guess its the general population and casuals vs the multiboxer hardcore alts with buffs. Need to find a middle ground.

I'll continue to tweak zone exp values, give out exp potions, etc to reach a goal of about 20-30 min per rank. Maybe 20 minutes absolute best hardcore power level and 30 minutes casual power levelers.

Maybe 3 new custom zones (1-20, 21-45, 46-70) at a controlled rate of exp (20-30 minutes per rank) plus chance for new ranked armor similar to BD Gear, chance for charm upgrades (do 2 grinds for price of 1), chance for exp potions, etc.

I'm sure we can find an acceptable solution that does not involve 10 minutes for 70 levels.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2012, 10:46:21 am »

I'm going to make PoFire level 46 again.

Exp rates on zones will stay same.

Will try to find ways to reward more with exp potions.

Incinerating Aura will remain pet only until I figure out what I want to do.

DS, Regen, and other buffs are not touched for now.

Theres code on the forums to remove unwanted buffs from low level players... it will do it every 6 seconds

every 6 seconds could check for......
SE_DefensiveProc            323 // implemented

On players lower than 70
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:48:55 am by Paldail » Logged

Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 11:03:16 am »

If time is the issue that youre wanting to address, why not keep it simple, and do as suggested to stick a 20 minute timer on turn-ins? Otherwise youre making far, far more work for yourself than you really need to.

Let people use their super buffs, unused zones, whatever. It still wont help them go any faster. First thing learned in medical diagnosis - treat the base problem, not the symptoms.

No matter what super-powered spells you introduce, it still wont affect the max speed in which they can complete their RoA. +1700% exp zone found and abused? Who cares? You still only get one upgrade every 20 minutes. +1,000,000 druid ds? Grats! You did an RoA in 30 seconds! Now sit on your ass for 19mins 30 seconds and go at the same speed as the guy in t1 with no weapon.

Tweaking difficulty will only complicate things down the line when all youre after is time spent.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Garete

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 11:57:46 am »

I would have to say i LOVE the idea of the tiered zones designed for RoA grind with options to randomly drop exp pots and charms.  That would take away the repetition from LDoN grinds for charm and would make things easier for new players that havent perfected where to go for quick ROA.  You can give a player the best DS, regin, and BD gear in the world but if they dont know whats zones to go in to perfect the grind they are still gonna go crazy slow.  Having zones that are tiered for the grind makes it easy to figure out where to go and the order to go in.  Having required level sets to be in these zones makes sure you wont be lvl 1 killing level 70 mobs.  Having charm or exp pots and special gear drop in these zones means people will loot the mobs instead of just killing for exp like in fire.  This will slow down the RoA process even more and make it a fun time rather then a grind time.  And the charms dropping here help new players complete 2 objectives at once.  Like hunter said about killing 2 birds with one stone.  As a new player i for one would be very happy working RoA in custom zones that could drop exp pots and charms and wouldnt care how slow the grind is.  You cant get much slower then grinding charms in LDoN at max level anyway lol.  Even if it did take an hour to do RoA in these zones the chance for charms to drop makes it super worth it IMO.  Love the idea Hunter and hope it gets implemented.

Another thing to think about is that I assume these custom zones will probably have a no train policy like other custom zones.  If you have a 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, and 61-70 then there are 4 sets of zones you will have to go through.  If you do want to power buff and train that means 4 guild instances you would need to make.  That requires cash or makes the free waypoint even more popular.  I think this will give veteran players who have more money an advantage to newer players (an advantage they deserve for butting in there time) but still fosters an environment for new players where they can slowly pull and farm charms and exp pots.  Gives new players a good reason to farm FG/CG kits and SS to sell to older players so they can have the cash to farm there RoA faster.  Overall i think its a good money sink to get rid of cash and a good reason for people to want to farm cash which increases the servers economy too.  I am a little tired so not sure if im making much sense but ill just say i love the idea Hunter!!
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 01:39:42 pm »

It'll be something to work towards, looting stuff to get more HP gear, while doing your RoA 100 at the same time. If the gear was good enough, then I'd have to allow even maxed out veterans to delevel themselves to attempt this armor. Its just an idea to make the re-leveling to 70 x 100 a bit more fun with more rewards, keeping the people doing RoA in certain zones for 10 levels per zone, faster exp than any other zone, etc.

I like the idea of having a duo purpose of doing the grind whch would give vetrans something to try for, but what about instead of a duo reason how about a trio?

One idea I had and dont know if this has been asked about, but even though some people say that the ROA is outdated or old, its still one of the best finger slots. What about a ROA 2.0 or more correctly a second version of the ring for the other finger? then people that have already done it could work on something besides just grinding out a set of armore and for people who may not get a complete set on there first run though could finish it on a second pass through on a second ring. The second ring could have diffrent stats or could be just the exact same as the origina roa with the ability to take it to 500 if a person wanted to (though i feel someone might just implode after 1 ring 2.... /shiver)

Just a idea..
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

One of the things that has deterred me from doing the RoA(I did 1 lvl) is the boredom factor. When doing a grind over 100 times where all u do is kill massive amounts of mobs it is rather boring. Why not make it fun.

maybe something like this and add a little strategy?

Like hunter suggested 7 zones, each zone has a random boss or event that spawns. Similar to T3/4 or weaponmaster but level appropriate. The completing of the task=10lvls(maybe each add gives 1 lvl and u cannot engage boss till your lvl 8 or whatever and boss dings you 2 lvls.) and entry to new zone(like ldon) but with trequired progression and at the end your given a ring to turn in for your roa. This would ensure a timeframe, and would give some fun to a mostly mundane task.

Also may be cool to see final boss have a possibility of a tier appropriate item (like Black unicorn stuff)

I would rather do something fun, take my time and work towards a goal then do something boring just to get it done.

Yes this I'm sure would turn into a grind as well but may add some interesting content.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:07:27 pm by Premador » Logged
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 03:57:06 pm »

Yes but why do this for a quest that is as old as the server? That noone wants to do more than once? Whatever happened to the idea similar to this that everyone has been looking forwars to for about a year....TOFS?
UC is  MUCH more compeling, desired item that all of us will do despite the massive timesink it is and have been asking for an alternative means of aquiring for years now. Why spend time on this when UC is so much more relevant?
As for the armor, there is already too much bd out there for so cheap a person can farm the plat for it way before getting this set, and the thing is all you need is one set of that until you start farming real armor cause it's tradable. I hate to say it, but about the only thing that will most fairly rid the server of the surplus is to make it attunable until next year when we can throttle back the drop rate.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Liveye

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 04:17:17 pm »

Can't you just make a RoA character flag? Separate the nerfs and zone lockouts for people just playing from the ones wanting to "exploit" the RoA 101+ grind?...
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 05:06:32 pm »

Would recommended levels on BD armor, and all other 'roa' friendly armor solve the problem with the level 70 mobs be decimated at level 1?  For example:

Level 1 fully buffed(300k as was mentioned): 300k / 70 = current hp or roughly 4.2khp per level up.

It will still go a little quicker, just won't be able to survive more than a couple level 70 mobs at a time.  I am not sure of how hte PLing in popular zones is going to work out, but there is rules against pulling more than 10 at a time, so run the risk of getting banned(which really slows down your RoA speed leveling)

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »

The 10 minutes per rank became an issue when people brought it to my attention and I now have more time to work on EZ Server. I used to work IRL 6 days a week at 14 hours a day with only 1 day off to work on EZ Server for just a few hours. Now that I'm on vacation, I'm practically working on EZ Server 7 days a week.

About the turn in timer, its not really about how often a player turns in the ring, but the time invested to get that rank. Hope that makes sense.

Now on to more positive stuff.

I like the suggested 4 zones with their level recommendations. I guess we'll have to vote which zones we'll use for that. Players would not be forced to use them but would be faster and more fun since we'll increase exp rate, and drop goodies like UC upgrades and Exp Potions.

RoA Zone Mobs:
I can make those zones 'leash' the mobs that heal, mem wipe, and teleport the mob back to original spawn location if dragged out side of aggro radius. I'll be able to tweak mobs HP, dmg, and exp rate to get exactly the roa speed we're looking for. Mobs would be fast respawn time with hundreds of mobs per zone. With mobs being leashed, you wouldn't be able to train 100 mobs, but I would like to make the exp as quick when killing just 1-5 mobs at the same time. With fast respawn the players really wouldn't need an instance, and could be in the same zone without fighting for spawns. Maybe put a boss in each zone with higher chance for loot and huge exp bonus. I can even write quest code to give bonus level or bonus exp for killing the boss to further make it just as worth killing it as it would be to farm trash. So the level 1-20 zone would have a level 25 boss and maybe auto boot you out of the zone if your above level 25. Addition 'kill quest task' could be created in Surefall rewarding with more plat for killing those trash and bosses.

I know that was a lot all in one, but basically leashed mobs with controlled stats and exp would allow for best exp rate (like PoFire) without having to make trains, which would hopefully reduce server load as well form all the RoA's. Instances really wouldn't be needed since the zone would be huge with a tons of spawns that have fast respawn.

So which zones are we going to vote for? We'll have to narrow it down to 4 zones. Make it something pretty or worth looking at if players are going to spend a lot of time in there.

Maybe even the RoA 101-500 players would end up spending time in the level 61-70 zone for fastest exp rate, unless I made a special level 70 only zone for that purpose which would be our 5th zone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 05:27:22 pm »

About the turn in timer, its not really about how often a player turns in the ring, but the time invested to get that rank. Hope that makes sense.

So you want people to invest time into the ring, but the thing your overlooking is the time it takes to get a group together that can support and do that ring run in 10 minutes. Trust me, someone brand new to this server is not going to be doing 10 minutes runs, even if they get buffs in the nexus or surefall. I've been on this server for 2 1/2 years, I've got many days played across multiple characters, I did my first 20 or so levels of RoA with a 3.0 shaman, 3.0 druid (pre epic nerf) and a 3.0 Paladin doing the power leveling in PoFire, it was taking me over an hour per rank and it fucking sucked, it actually burned me out of the game for a while.

This server is great, its a lot of fun and the first character you level to 70 is tons of fun, seeing high end loot drop in low end zones, getting your epic 1.0 from a vendor, even the 2nd or 3rd character as you try out different classes is lots of fun. By the time you have your group set and you get to the point of RoA, the 1-70 grind is just that a grind. I eventually got enough support to do a RoA rank in about 35 minutes and got my RoA to 60, got burned out again and put the game on the shelf for a while and haven't touched RoA since then.

At 30 minutes per rank your still talking 50 hours to complete the original RoA quest, that is a serious investment in a 13 year old game, making it take any longer than that is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »

Maybe even the RoA 101-500 players would end up spending time in the level 61-70 zone for fastest exp rate, unless I made a special level 70 only zone for that purpose which would be our 5th zone.

I kinda doubt it, when you can just AOE Qvic at level 70 in an instance and get stupid amounts of AAs there.

Qvic is probably the best mob hp per exp ratio of any zone on the server.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)