Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:31:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Stonewall Updated  (Read 14771 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »

My warrior has no where near 1.2m hp. I don't have the gob pet and I don't think content should be balanced against it. I also don't have the scepter x and I don't think content should be balanced agaisnt this. Reason being is it is a once a year opportunity to get these items. Granted you could get the scepter x anytime but there is no one who has gotten the whole thing by farming it out. I know a lot of people who have made it up to 5, I think that would be a good one to measure content against. SoA XL, yes, balance content against this. RoA, yes, that can count too. UCv2 and full T6 should also be used. Even balancing it against the shaman 6.0 I think is fair.

With RoA 199, full T6, UCv2, SoA, and scepter VI I only have 699k hp unbuffed. Buffs would put me getting close to 800k (Stone Monster pet). Balancing content against a 1.2m hp warrior would mean I would not be able to live in T7 until next halloween, and that is only if I manage to get IG to spawn then.

Venia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 03:37:27 pm »

yeah...its kinda the downside of creating super items that aren't available through out the year...could make balancing a bit tricky since those that didnt get them will most likely have some issues , and also if you choose to balance it around not having those items then you might end up making content a bit trivial for those that do...  double edged knife really

/Enosis
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 04:34:44 pm »

I don't plan to balance against Halloween items.

Other stuff, maybe. Obviously I couldn't balance against a RoA 500 right now but maybe I could by the time T15 comes out.

I usually take the stats from the previous tier, then increase their HP based on how much more DMG the mobs are doing in the new tier. Usuaully groups barely survive a new tier, getting rounded often, then by time you got full suit getting rounded is more rare.

Hope makes sense, its a guessing game, and thats how we've done it before.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »

Makes perfect sense Hunter. Thank you.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 06:27:50 am »

Sorry, the 1.2 million was based on the idea of all possible gear, including the mount from Halloween...  Even if the Warrior is at 1 Million, not 1.2, then the idea still works the same.  The damage needed to kill the 86% mitigated warrior with 1 million hp makes paste out of a cleric, even if the cleric has 800khp

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:25 am »

.... ok the recent entries in this thread have pissed me off enough.. What all support classes do the warriors still need to stay alive in a group? i.e. they need a dedicated healer or two.

Knights group heal and self heals make up well above what a warrior needs to stay alive..(and their mitigation is creeping on the warriors. Positively sure Pallys and SKs can solo in T6 even bosses.but these aren't your everyday knights these mostly are close to maxxed..)

SW is fine where it is, hell even if it doesn't even get a bump but every other Tier from now upward is fine T8/T10 so on.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:48 am »

makes paste out of a cleric, even if the cleric has 800khp

Could click that SW on the cleric and Tower 3 on cleric too.. no one says you have to put it on the knights and warriors.. what would that be like 35% ...shrug..don't know

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:24 am »

After a discussion with Fugitive I am posting a clarification here...

I am not really talking about a nerf...  I am concerned about "mudflation".  When tanks can absorb so much damage then mobs have to deal more and more...  I am talking more about a re-tooling of damage.  Less damage from mobs, so less mitigation needed.  Then going forward the damage from mobs doesn't have to be scaled up so high, or hp on all toons doesn't have to go up exponentially to allow them to live through a single round of combat.

Hope that clears things up a little...

Brokyn

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 10:14:40 am »

I completely understand.

I made all these (and with help from other people) stone wall items without mapping how who has what max stonewall. I need to adjust a bit, lower warriors, raise alt tanks, still keep warrior higher than others, and allow room for new items and ranks to have more stonewall in the future.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 10:56:27 am »

At least we don't have to worry about CLRs. They've got those silly knights licked.

25% Intervention
17% Goblin
8% SoA
25% Epic
10% Vie
= 85%

Main: Bubbin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats