Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 05:43:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Bazaar?  (Read 16500 times)
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »

I wonder if I could write up my own Auction house in perl (quest) code using a custom table to hold all the items available to be sold.

Then hail the npc for list of items and prices available.

I bet it can be done.

And with it being a quest / npc then it could be done from any zone, but just for fun I might put the npc in Commons Tunnel Smiley

YES!  Grin

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:29 am »

I know people are going to hate me for this, but I might go with a fee style system too of 1% of asking price, non refundable.

So to put an item for 100pp up on auction, you'd need to have %1 (or 1 pp) in advance to pay the fee before it gets listed.

I'd be using a custom table to store everything, item price, item id, seller, etc.

I don't know if there would be 'bidding' yet.

Listing "Flowing Black Silk Sash" for sale by all vendors sorted by lowest price first is something that would be super easy to do in mysql.

Since I played GW2 recently, I'd probably use their Auction House for ideas and examples of how players can buy, sell, and search.

Would have to wait until after T7 though Smiley

1% sounds reasonable.

Just some preliminary thoughts/questions on this:

- Without some sort of custom UI for this, how would you set the price of what you are selling?

- I assume when buying something it would appear on your pointer or in your inventory?

- Would there be any difficulty in selling stacks of things?

- If something you put up for auction doesn't sell (assuming there is a time limit) where would the item go? There's no mail system like other games so maybe they would appear on your pointer or in inventory when you log in?

Not necessarily looking for answers to these questions, just food for thought.

Hulkmad
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:11 am »

I came from an older server, so it was Gfay and North FP rather than EC Tunnels.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »

Every item for sale in the auction database will have a Primary ID field.

Would just have players just 'give' the npc what you want to sell.

If the item you give is acceptable (not no-trade item), then it would assign automatically the next available id.

Then you could hail the npc with 'list' and would search the database for all items with your character id that has no price yet, and create a 'saylink' that you can click on that references the unique id of that records id. This would set your flag, or current item focused on, to that item, of which then you could tell the npc in a hail how much you want to sell it for.

If the item is no-drop then it'd be rejected and returned to you.

If you buy something then yes it would probably appear on your cursor like when doing any other quest for a reward.

Probably won't be able to sell stacks right away. Would have to figure out how.

I have it all written in my head already. Combo of just giving the npc a trade window, then listing them, and saying their prices.

I don't see a reason (yet) for auctions to expire. I don't think GW2 auctions expire and I might use their structure or setup style.

When players buy your item, then your auction balance would get credited. Then you'd have to hail the npc at a later date to 'withdraw' your balance of platinum.

Hope I'm not reinvesting the wheel on this one, would have to see if eqemu has anything set up already for the bazaar.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 03:47:08 pm »

problem im seeing with that is that it would confus the system when you have ppl who have zone/god names as their PC names...or those that are close to each other like my monks *who i wasnt thinking about when i made them lol* Knomraskiia and Knomraskii it has confused NPC's before with hails and hand ins so it might cause the same problem here.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 06:30:49 pm »

problem im seeing with that is that it would confus the system when you have ppl who have zone/god names as their PC names...or those that are close to each other like my monks *who i wasnt thinking about when i made them lol* Knomraskiia and Knomraskii it has confused NPC's before with hails and hand ins so it might cause the same problem here.

Would be using char id and char name, which both are unique.

Perl knows that Knomraskiia is not equal to Knomraskii

Hunter - EZ Server GM
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »

#seller.  Great feature that I have used on another server.
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »

A great system i've used on a different server, Shards of Dalaya, was the listsold system. I have no clue how it could be set up here, all I know is it used the shared bank as the input and storage area for selling items. Used /cm commands like /cm listsold next, /cm lisbuy <seller> <# of item in the seller's list>

It was used with the titanium client, and probably uses some ghetto-code to make it work, apparently Shards uses some really outdated code system.

Just throwing it out there as an idea, not sure if it's been brought up or not, though.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 02:31:55 pm »

When we are worried about bandwidth and server population issues I think it's a bad idea to encourage people to log in and leave toons online all night when they are not actively playing.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »

The listsold idea wouldn't require you to be online. The seller specifies a rpice with /cm listprice (or something to that effect) <price> then drops the item in his shared bank. Bags can be added to the shared bank for more selling space, however you can't sell bags themselves. He then opens his listsold up with the command /cm listadd <description of wares> The person has now opened his listsold for the next 96 hours (4 days). This person can then log off for the next while.
Now a buyer can search through listsolds by the command /cm listview <# of different seller's listsolds> (This shows the name of the seller, and their description from /cm listadd) or /cm listsold <specific person's listsold> (which shows one person's wares) He then sees that Bob is selling fbss for 10kpp, and Rick wants to buy it. It's #3 on Bob's listsold, so Rick uses the command /cm listbuy Bob 3  Bob now has 10kpp waiting for him, and 10kpp goes away from Rick's inventory.
Bob then logs in a week later, long after his listsold has closed. He sees he has some money waiting for him (a message saying "You have platinum waiting for you, use /cm listget with a banker targeted to retrieve it.") so he goes to a banker and types /cm listget, and voila! 10kpp in his inventory. Bob is now a very happy man, now 10kpp richer than he was earlier.

In Shards, the listing system has a 2% ish fee that the bank takes, not sure if that'd be good or bad here. 2% gets to be a lot when your wares are 5million plat each. (thats what, uh, 100k plat in fees, that's a lot.) However, for being able to put your stuff you want to sell up for a long time and not worry about it, it's probably worth it.

Basically, you won't have to worry about people sitting logged in taking up bandwidth with the listing system. It's a lot like the broker from eq2 and aion, except the fee is applied when you collect your money, not when you put an item up for sale. However, this is a hell of a lot more ghetto code-wise and user-wise than a broker system.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 09:14:52 am »

Like I said, the #seller code on EQtitan is the best I have seen.  While im not sure if the code is public, I do think it would be a great asset here.

http://eqtitan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1123
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:50 am »

Its not public code and it doesnt matter because the RoF client has support for offline trading.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »

Haven't updated the source yet, and don't know if RoF would actually work for bazaar, might need source code behind it.

Would be cool if someone could write up a script for buy/sell bazaar style. Would have to use DBI use qglobals are too unreliable. I'm sure some neat stuff like SELECT LIMIT 10 Order Desc stuff would help to sort prices high/low and names alphabetically too when searching.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 04:04:28 pm »

Would be a ton of lag from that. I'd vote against it.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:02 pm »

Offline traders will definitely take some code on the server that hasn't been written yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)