Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 04:22:49 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Free 2 Play Client  (Read 16955 times)
Garete

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 07:31:14 pm »

I had some toons an ayonae ro I forget who server merged with but if thats swrver your on ill hook you uo with pl or plat.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »

my main was on Xegony and i still go back and play everynow and then... i also have toons on FV so i play there as well..have items and plat there so i can help...on FV there is a huge MQ2 following but its very very very hush hush....... as for rez box....i'd tell you not to do it...while its awesome...there is an mq2 plugin called autorez that will automaticly rez you in w/o someone clicking you in or anything just an FYI boss
Rathnor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:49 pm »

I have some characters on FV and probably some plat laying around. What kind of conversion rate we talking? lol
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:24 am »

Based on what I see the market goes for, I would probably offer anyone 1 EZ Credit per 5k plat on FV server.

This is the only offer I have made yet. I know a few people emailed me already.

Also looking for power level on FV. I have a class that can PB AoE early on if anyone wants to help.

Plan to play on Zek with another class but haven't chosen yet. Need something easy to solo PvE and PvE which I'm thinking Necro, Druid, Wizard, or Bard.

Ideas, plat, and PL's are welcome. Smiley

Thanks

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 05:14:14 am »

- You can transfer to FV and Zek for free, you can not transfer off.  Mercs cost platinum after 10th level, have 2 tiers, 4 ranks in each iirc.

- MQ2 is absolutely not allowed, not map, stick, any part of it.  If detected, account is banned(so they say).

- Test server has Gold status on all accounts, for that server - although there is likely less people there on a busy night than here on a Monday night.  It is good for exploring though, and finding a spot in a hotzone

- FV has *almost* everything with the NOTRADE(or NORENT for long term MIA's) removed, epics have the tag still

- Lots of new stuff, tons of new zones. I prefer the dragon spine zones for space, they are huge and have a nice variety of mobs/camps in each of them.  Giants are always a plus Smiley

- Lots of "Hot Zones" are in game now, special themed set of zones that have an increased ZEM.  The ZEM is not larger than all other zones, they just double the normal ZEM for each zone, makes some zones insane.  I remember when The Hole was a HZ, there was almost 100 people in there everyday!

- Bards can solo effectively - but not like before, the AE kiting mass trains was killed in OoW expansion. Mobs take zero damage from the 2 AE dots if they are moving, the single target chants still work though.

- Necro + Druid are good soloers, Mage is arguably best(with cleric merc). Since accounts are free. Mage + shaman +chanter(with 1 cleric merc and 2 wiz mercs) is a mini raid force.

I haven't logged in to Test now in 3-4 months.  Boxing is a hassle compared to here Smiley
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »

i agree with Blazyn but i still log on to test everynow and then i still love it there thou my guild on there keeps yelling at me for disappareing lol but RL makes playing on emu much easier lol....if you decide to log on test hunter let me know i'll pl you up to 70ish no problem
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 12:22:33 pm »

I typed /claim and had a TON of stuff to claim, bags, mounts, illusions, mercs, etc. Fun fun.

Noticed some features wish eqemu had, such as aggro meter.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »

The aggro meter was JUST released with the current expansion.  I like the claim stuff, was a good idea.  Sony does have them from time to time, I was logged in today for a few minutes to talk with a few old friends, was a nice little visit.

I would like to see a few more zones opened up that are made better experience for low levels.  Blightfire Moors would be awesome for levels 15 through to around 40ish.  Goru'kar Mesa is a well laid out zone for levels 35ish through 50, and The Steppes is great through to 70.  The revamped paw(elemental) is one of my most favorite zones for level 65 through to 70 there - great cash, lots of fun. All the TSS zones are very well laid out, and done well except for Sony gearing them for players that have better gear than the average level player, it is a good challenge though.

I pl my level 60 toons right through to 80 now, in Valdeholme.  Really love smaking giants around Smiley

Hope to see some of your inspirations brought over to EZ!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 03:42:03 am »

Yeah, I know Aggro Meter was just released in current expansion.

Other neat stuff I saw but don't known when was added, was what appeared to be insert and item into an item sort of like inserting an aug, then which it changes the graphic.

So I had this hammer, and inserted another hammer into some Aug Slot Type 20 and it changed the appearance.

That would be roxing for Epics on EZ Server.

Today I just discovered/realized that you can make "Disposable Email Addresses" from just 1 email account. Seems all the major players are doing it, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo. Each have their own limits, like Hotmail allows up to 5 per year, total 15 max. This is a major help since I have several accounts on all the major games like Everquest, Starcraft, Guild Wars, WoW, Steam, etc. Its a pain to create new accounts, and then have them get deleted if you don't log in within a certain time (usually 3-12 months inactivity depending who your email is). So now I can have multiple email addresses, not expire, and only 1 log in. Wish they had this 15 years ago!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:34 am »

I'd love to see merc's stay out of EZ. I dont think they're a good idea here.

I'd love to see use of the power supply slot here to add to armor sets.

I'd love to see augs here that added more than just hps and procs....maybe heroic stats? Upgraded versions of the weapon damage augs (mossy, sky, etc) that might get epics near uni weaps in terms of damage? Just ideas.

I'd LOVE to see content here in SoD and House of Thule zones.

I'd like to see custom AA's here, if they were possible.....but AA that you can only get with a specific flag. If thats possible.

I'd love to see guild halls here, though I dont see any use for player housing here or live (crappy player housing system IMO).

I'd love to see better bags Cheesy

Oh, and lastly, it'd be nice to see more use of the crafters guild to make these newer items (bags, PSU's, etc). And along with that, I'd LOVE to see higher teir alternatives to SLS farming!!!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 12:17:24 pm »

I started playing off and on right before T5 was released.  Still a noob, IMO and I have not read every post between that timeframe.  Please forgive if I repeat anything that has been posted before.  I just wanted to get some ideas down.  Wink

- Being able to click clickies within bags would be awesome as there seems to be a larger amount of items with click affects.

- Possibly more tasks for previous mentioned items like larger bags, clickies, pets, weps or even

- Possibly more events during the year to be able to get the items that drop once a year that seem to becoming a requirement for upper tiers.

- Possibly making some of the group spell and proc affects affect raids.  It seems more and more people are running two groups instead of a single group with the requirements of upper tiers.

- Appearance slots for Armor and Weps would be awesome. This would give each char more "uniqueness".

- One thing that EQ2 did was change the epic affects into buffs that were non dispell to allow for more of a choice on wep selections.  Not sure if this is possible but it would be nice(IMO) to have some wep choices.

- Reactive type heals.  EQ live has added some interesting heals for the shaman that are cast with a number of counters. Each hit has a chance to trigger the counter which heals or heals and slows the mobs.  I understand that slows are not used here but the trigger idea is neat as far as healing goes.

All the mercs I have used seem to fail at the most in-oppertune times so def in agreement with leaving them off the rest of the server. 
+1 to the SOD and HoT zones
+1 on the crafter ideas.

- Very excited about the idea of TOFS.  Charm farming in LDON drives me to want to punch kittens. =/  I have been killing Shadow for my upgrades just to avoid doing LDON for these.  As UC is becoming more and more of a requirement for upper tiers, I would hope this item becomes more avail to the general public.

Again, this is from my limited experience and reading the forum. I haven't made it past T4 at this point due to not buckling down and farming UCs. Also I realize this all my not even be possible with the current EMU code, but I wanted to throw these ideas out just in case.  My apologies if this belongs in another post... 

-Team Warmon
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 09:07:28 pm »

I pl my level 60 toons right through to 80 now, in Valdeholme.  Really love smaking giants around Smiley

Hope to see some of your inspirations brought over to EZ!

I went back and played a bit when Free to Play went in, and I agree that smashing through Froscrypt with a group of 70ish characters was a ton of fun. That Kedge zone from TBS was pretty badass too. Tons of cool zones from beyond DoD to mess around with.
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 02:32:06 pm »

Clickies
in
baggies!!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 05:14:22 pm »

I got my character on FV up to almost 80 so far.

Feeling like a noob here, but I'm not able to dual box.

I can run 2 copies of Underfoot for eqmu fine but I can't run 2 copies of F2P for Live. When I use eqgame.exe it says to run EverQuest.exe which doesn't exist.

Running the Launcher / patcher only tells me the game is currently running.

So how do I 2box this?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »

When I played on live the way to 2 box ... was WinEQ2

Not sure if that still works on live though

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent