Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:24:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: LDoN Charm Drops Updated  (Read 31223 times)
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »

They are like +2 damage, when even 2.0s are like 200 damage now.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

When I started on the server I did LDON armor and it made stuff possible for me.
Granted today most people join the server, leech/ninjaloot their way into T5 in 3 weeks but I still think the cards should stay and if you went with 1/75 chance per kill of a boss for the floor spawning with 100% loot, then I think the mob/boss that spawns should have some coin and some gems.

In the last several months some great changes to the server have been made but all of the low end plate has basically been removed and new players are pretty well screwed. "Go farm SLS" is a terrible solution since at this time it is the only solution.

So great idea, support it 100% but would suggest that there be some pp newer players can obtain.
After all newbi v2 is ~11k and we use to pull that in a single pull and now you are lucky to hit 200p in a pull. -cheers

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 12:45:59 am »

1 more thing about LDoN is the doors on LDoN 2 - 3 are they still neccessary with mobs being leashed
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2013, 04:18:18 am »

On one hand, I am glad to hear the drop rate has increase. On the other hand, I hope it doesn't diminished the "bragging rights" of having a UC. I feel that this is EQ...not WOW, things are not suppose to be easy. Grinding is part of the "fun".

--
Rotic
1flytrapp
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2013, 09:10:34 am »

would love to see the lore tag removed off of newbie v2 charm that way ya can buy 4 of them and not have to go buy one each time ya get a new charm upgrade
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:34 pm »

would love to see the lore tag removed off of newbie v2 charm that way ya can buy 4 of them and not have to go buy one each time ya get a new charm upgrade

Agreed here.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Koda

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »

This, or make the v1 charms stackable and not lore.

This is especially necessary if the boss spawn chance is enabled like it was mentioned earlier with 100% charm drop. If you went in without a newbie v2 and didn't already have a charm of that type, you would end up being unable to loot a second charm due to the previously looted upgrade of that same type.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2013, 01:35:44 pm »

adding a little plat to drops isnt a bad idea, nothing drastic, but farming sls for money, while boring, is still the better way for new players to make plat, i don't really get why a lot of people resist doing it, people used to have to farm velks for plat before they could progress a lot
Eyeolo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2013, 04:04:54 pm »

I like this better than the past, it's easier for multiple players to be in the same zone.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

adding a little plat to drops isnt a bad idea, nothing drastic, but farming sls for money, while boring, is still the better way for new players to make plat, i don't really get why a lot of people resist doing it, people used to have to farm velks for plat before they could progress a lot

Because I grew up on the ez where I could make 100kpp off gems alone in a clear of qvic and I did not have to farm a item I need to progress *MY* augs and shields and necks just to sell it to another player so I could buy food and water.
Joking about the food and water, I know some retard is going to read this and go "durrr you has to bu foodz?"
Right now the cycle is farm t5/t6 collect bags, sell for pp, buy what lower tiered players farmed because I'm to busy to farm a lower tier atm.
So the option for lower tiered is to farm SLS and hope higher tiered players are buying (I place bulk orders from time to time) or farm essences and sell to higher tiered players.

I'm fine holding the man down and I guess you are all to full of it to see how flawed the current system is.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2013, 05:00:45 pm »

Is it really that hard to make cash at the low end? I made the bulk of my money in postorms chests and looting gems from HoH avatars. It's certainly not as fast as bags in abyss or anguish, but should it be?

Main: Bubbin
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2013, 05:23:42 pm »

With the new SLS drop rate, i farmed 10 of them in a couple hours and sold them for 1m pp. I realize the market won' bear that same profit for long but it's still a reasonably quick way to earn cash. Just cause you don't want to do it doesn't mean its broken

Hulkmad
Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 06:38:00 pm »

In all honesty, asking for smaller plat bags or something similar in some of the lower zones is not that far fetched.. gems used to be a good source of income in alot of zones and they were removed/severely decreased in an attempt to allievate the lag.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:40 pm »

Is it really that hard to make cash at the low end?

Didnt used to be, but it definitely is now. Gems dont drop the way they used to. Cant farm fg/cg items for cash the way you used to. Even doing velks for gems seems to yield less than it did. About the only thing a player can do to make a decent amount of cash anymore if they are starting is to farm SLS....and honestly thats self defeating, since SLS are so necessary, even to a starting character.

I have NO problem making money now....but thats because of essences, bags from T5 and VERY fast HoH clears for gems. But for someone just starting.....it isnt as easy as it was.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2013, 08:01:05 pm »

This is getting old, it isnt that hard to make plat here, between the charm drop changes and the sls changes, things just got a lot easier for newer players.  Its starting to seem like people expect a uc, 10 billion plat and free augs just for hitting level 70.  Get over it, its a grind, if you don't like it go play wow
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432