Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:36:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Jewelry Collector  (Read 22800 times)
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 08:54:41 am »

I love the idea to boot players that get the kill. And i dont think It's fair that the end game players can just farm it, even if they spent all there life on the server. It needs to be fair when there is a reward involved. Dont think It's fair that nolifers can sit and block the rest of the server.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:57 pm »

I love the idea to boot players that get the kill. And i dont think It's fair that the end game players can just farm it, even if they spent all there life on the server. It needs to be fair when there is a reward involved. Dont think It's fair that nolifers can sit and block the rest of the server.

Well you suck then, so suck less.
I'm tired of everyone bitching about how it is "unfair" that the established players pwn you in PVP.
Not like a wow-kiddie like you played EQ during the days of the BOTB's but generally the winner was the guy that had the best gear. EQ PVP is not balanced at all, get over it.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »

Although this is not EQ live, it does bear some resemblance. I played on Rallos Zek server for a long time, and gear was huge in PvP but those with real skill did very well with sub-par gear.

Question is Would you prefer a challenge? or would you rather just steamroll everyone.
Don't get me wrong, steamrolling everyone is fun but it is short lived. So I would rather the challenge, and have some longevity to the PvP on EZ.

Digz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

Not like a wow-kiddie like you played EQ during the days of the BOTB's but generally the winner was the guy that had the best gear. EQ PVP is not balanced at all, get over it.

this made me laugh a little bit since i watched my RL friend win the enchanter BOTB due to the fact that he was the only enchanter on the server with a primal brawl stick and just meleed the snot out of everyone.
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »

haha. Call me what ever you want. Why not just make hunter give you the two mill every 6 houers then? but you are right! hunter making new content that one or two can get all for them self? sorry im such a wow noob. my bad
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »

Try as you will you can never balance eq to be based on skill. Gear and class will always have something to do with it unless you remove both of those equations. How boring would that be. Eq was just not built for pvp, it's like putting square tires on your car, it might look good sitting there but it's not going to do a damn thing for you driving down the road. Any game where you build up a character, the gear and time put into your character is going to largely influence how well your character does. It would suck to spend a year on this server and then someone comes along and two weeks into it can do the same thing I can. That would not do well for server longevity.

Btw, that passive aggressive crap will only make you look like you shit your own pants.

Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:11 pm »

Again, i dont care how this makes me look. And i totaly agree that you have to work for every single thing, but when there is gear/pp involved, and one man can sit and hold it for him/her own. Then thats not fair.

And as sick and tired you"elites" are when ppl say its not fair. as sick are all us "non elites" with your reply "Man we worked our whole life so we can show how good we are in EQ" "Maby if you spent a little more then 5 mins in the game, you could be as awsome as me" Im not saying ANYTHING about the game is to hard or anything. Just that when you can farm good gear or a few million pp every 4 - 6 houers. then its not fair that nolifers can block the rest. i CANT make a instance and farm it my self, even if the mob was as hard as OMM or worse. some "elites" think they have first right on everything just because. if that is so then, Hunter, just give them the gear and PP so the rest of us can get a fair battle and fun
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:40 pm »

Again with the passive aggressive shit. You will not get anything positive out of that. You come here and insult the veterans of the server and call them elitist and nolifers and you expect to be able to play casually and reap the same rewards. You are in the wrong field of gaming. There is no mmorpg that lets you do that aside from some minigames within a game. If that is what you are looking for them maybe /gems is the game for you. Not even in wow can a casual person do the same things, or even compete with a hardcore person. Hunters plan of lower tiered pvp zones is more the way to go. MMO's are about building up your character over time, the more time and effort you put in the stronger your characters are going to be.

Almost all the people who don't care about how people think of them are disliked by almost everyone. It's generally a pretty shitty quality to have.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

qq more, don't care.
Hank Hill

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

read in to it what you want. dont care if im not friends with you. and im not saying im onley gaming 5 mins wile the wife is on a piss break. im playing enough and are at the higher T and having fun. thats all i care about. and you are not getting the point. and i thought i knew better to take my opinion to the server and think ppl listen. again sorry to pointing out that this mob might be the new "elites" way of farming cash for them self.

Peace out.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »

Almost all the people who don't care about how people think of them are disliked by almost everyone. It's generally a pretty shitty quality to have.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »

/offtopic Shit thats what I'm doing wrong, I actually care what others think of me!

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:37 pm »

/offtopic Shit thats what I'm doing wrong, I actually care what others think of me!

First off, I call bull on that shit ^

Second, Hoff... I gave some idea's to Hunter the other day for some more PvP objectives. I just need to force the labor on Felony and we can rid all "elitist" PvP from the server.

Killing a Gem Collector a few times a day is not PvP. Being credited for PvP based objectives should be the goal
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:17 pm »

Lol you caught me.
Yeah I've been going over some ideas. Just need to get some basic code laid down and start testing.
Really not looking forward to the hours of work this is going to take.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:57 pm »

I don't know which is funnier, being called out for not being liked by xiggie, or seeing him talk about how mmo's are about building your own characters up, which I kind of doubt he knows much about
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432