Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:59:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Ideal 6 box?  (Read 40545 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »

T3 trash is similar to T2 bosses i've been told. I've only been there as a support toon though, my warrior cant get there yet. I played a mage and necro, or other trash while i was there.
pets die kinda often, but once you get the hp buff for pet it wont be as huge of an issue

Bunk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

It really depends if your unlucky on rampages or if your pet starts hitting the mobs from the front, ive had a bst pet live for hours on t3 trash, then die 3 times in a row in 5 minutes, as to t3 bosses, I normally have to resummon the bst pet about every 3 minutes, even with him hitting from the back.  Not sure how necro pets compare to bst pets hp wise, but if they are significanly lower, it would be troublesome on the bosses.  I have had a pet live through 90% of a t3 fight, but its been a rarity for them to even live 20%

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:48 am »

Here is a run down on mage, bst, and necro 3.0 pets.

Thanks so much for that, Xiggie.  Now, it may be awhile before I can get to 3.0.  (I'm just slowly building up my box - got warrior ranger cleric so far - and farming BoT right now)

Are the same rankings applicable for the base 70 pets?  What about 2.0?  Thanks much for any additional input you can provide.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 03:45:22 pm »

It is no problem at all, I don't mind sharing information at all. I have not done any tests on the other epic pets but I am thinking they are about the same as each other, (as in all other mage epic pets are about the same as bst and necro). As for pre-epic it could be a toss up between mage and necro. Bst spell pets don't have any boosts as far as I know.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2010, 01:59:41 am »

im done with pet classes.
between lack of hp and mag pet root, you are better off with a necro or turrets
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 02:35:58 am »

im done with pet classes.
between lack of hp and mag pet root, you are better off with a necro or turrets

I hear ya. Unless I am in a pre PoD zone all I do with my mage is coth. I have picked up my old bst that I created when they first got 3.0 pets. It's sad because my mage has about 50k hp. Would really like to have her back though. Hopefully this will get changed.

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 01:01:07 pm »

Would you say that CotH is useful enough to a full box to make leveling up a mage worth it then?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »

CotH is extremely useful especially when you are boxing a full group. Even if you use stick, CotH is still extremely valuable. You can use your mage to blast through ldons and just coth your needed toons when you get something to drop you want them to have. You can go get buffs when your in the middle of a zone and get coth'd back, (except ldon 2-5 of course).

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 04:52:38 pm »

CotH is extremely useful especially when you are boxing a full group. Even if you use stick, CotH is still extremely valuable. You can use your mage to blast through ldons and just coth your needed toons when you get something to drop you want them to have. You can go get buffs when your in the middle of a zone and get coth'd back, (except ldon 2-5 of course).

Hmm interesting, I've been debating on what pet class to play lately because I don't have one (sorry, I don't count CG pet), deffinately going to have to make a mage, while were talking about pet classes, if you take out a druids 3.0 clicky, would it be better to box a bst in his place? Does bst heals do the same amount as a druid?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:54:21 pm by Eliseus » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

As far as for PoD and up relying on bst or druid for heals is a mistake in my opinion. Rely on a cleric for that, if you are using them for back up heals, use a second cleric as back up heals.

But to answer your question I am pretty sure the druid is going to have a heal that is much better than a bst.

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 05:17:31 pm »

ok, ya, I'm not really relying on a druid or a bst for heals, but I figured is a bst could heal for just as much as a druid, why not box that instead and get the pet for extra dps, but then theres that hole "pets suck" in the tiers
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 05:38:43 pm »

I am not sure what happen but the root on 3.0 has started getting agro like never before. I always sick my pets on the backside of the mobs and before recently rarely lost a pet. Normally when my pet didn't have buffs it is because they wore off, not because it died and I had to recast another. I recently decided to raise a bst so that I can actually use my pet in battles. They are a wonderful source of dps.

Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 10:32:54 pm »

Why oh why would you think a bst could heal for as much as a druid have you played this game at all? Anyway pets are pretty useless after t2 anyway bosses in t3 kill them too quickly for them to be of any help at all. So either do warx3/clerx3 or warx2/clerx2/rangx2 would be your best bet but you can do whatever since it will be your box crew do what fits your playstyle.

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 10:41:37 pm »

Why oh why would you think a bst could heal for as much as a druid have you played this game at all?

Because I saw a bst heal once that did as much as my druid, thats why I was asking excluding the 3.0 clicky which would benefit more.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 10:27:32 pm »

i saw my cleric epicly fail at healing once, and my paladin crit healed for 40k. time to drop my cleric for the obviously superior paladin heals

=p

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678