Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 03:41:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Ideal 6 box?  (Read 40554 times)
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:49 pm »

oh yea! i am rezzing this thread

whats the new 6 box hotness?
has the ideal group... War War Cle Cle Rng Rng group been replaced?

paladins replacing rangers?

what are the DPS rankings.. now that paladins were updated?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »

Ranger still out dps's Monks a little and certainly still out dps's Pally. I have seen people replacing the second cleric though. I replaced my second Monk for the time being because of the extra heals. Once I get him into PoG I will really be able to gage whether it is a good trade off though.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:20 pm »

oh yea! i am rezzing this thread

whats the new 6 box hotness?
has the ideal group... War War Cle Cle Rng Rng group been replaced?

paladins replacing rangers?

what are the DPS rankings.. now that paladins were updated?

My new 6 man killing crew is War/War/War/Rng/Rng/Clr. My crew is geared much heavier than any others though, so may not be a fair estimation for most.
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:36 pm »

Can the new Pal not replace one of the WARs?
Or a cleric as mentioned already?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2010, 01:50:16 am »

Can the new Pal not replace one of the WARs?
Or a cleric as mentioned already?

unless the paladin has ultimate charm and 4.0, i dont think there is any way to compete with cleric in T3 and T4.... but idk because im not in that position. Maybe paladin with that setup could outdps a war with 3.0's

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 10:34:43 am »

3 war 3 cleric = g1
5 ranger 1 bard = g2

Now that I've been in T1 a little tiny bit, I am wondering...

The group with 5 rangers and 1 bard. Doesn't it need a cleric to counteract the AoE damage of boss mobs? Will bard regen be enough to keep them alive? If so, does the bard need an Oracle Charm or something? My 3.0 bard only heals in the 700's range each tick. Those AoE's can do thousands of damage.

I like the idea of the bard haste on the rangers. The math seems to work. If bard haste increases dps by 70%, then 170% x5 = the dps of 8.5 rangers. An ideal leverage of bard buffs, plus the aoe regen helps both groups.

It just doesn't seem like bard regen will keep the rangers alive. Am I missing something??

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 11:10:07 am »

well you could have one of the clerics in G1 target someone in G2 with heals and it will heal that group. at least i havent had issues doing that.

The regen from bard i would have to get you when i get home today (if i remember) cause it is a decent amount of regen, but likely not enough to counter the AoE.

But yeah, like i mentioned you could always have a cleric from g1 healing g2

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 01:24:03 pm »

Ok, that makes more sense. I didn't know clerics could do a group heal when they are not in the group. Is that the Vivification spell to do that?

Balthor2
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 01:30:42 am »

Ranger snares then Ranger roots then they move back and /autofire on
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2010, 01:03:40 am »

Ok, that makes more sense. I didn't know clerics could do a group heal when they are not in the group. Is that the Vivification spell to do that?

I tried this with Vivification and it didn't work.  My group heal still only healed my group.  (Yes I had /tgb on)

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2010, 09:20:48 am »

Here is a run down on mage, bst, and necro 3.0 pets.

Quick follow up question to this: I assume the mage pet is using CG fireblades in your comparison.  What about beastlord pet?  Does it use weapons, and if so, do these comparisons assume CG fireblades also (assuming beastlords can even get it)?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »

My run down assumes an even playing ground, so yes, the fire blades is included. To get the fire blades you have to join the casters guild. To be specific, bst pet can get the fire blades if the bst joins the casters guild.

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »

Is this in practice or theory?

I know my exposure to T1/T2 fights is very limited, but I have been in them and from my experience I do not see a ranger surviving a T2 fight even at a distance. The AoE DoTs I saw were doing like 40k damage and have a huge range.

I still don't see a ranger group surviving without a cleric. For those that do it... what am I missing here?

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2010, 04:53:38 pm »

Is this in practice or theory?

I know my exposure to T1/T2 fights is very limited, but I have been in them and from my experience I do not see a ranger surviving a T2 fight even at a distance. The AoE DoTs I saw were doing like 40k damage and have a huge range.

I still don't see a ranger group surviving without a cleric. For those that do it... what am I missing here?

No dots do 40k.... i dunno what you saw but you saw wrong. Milein is capable of not only surviving without a cleric but she can solo T1 trash/minis an T2 trash the only exception being Kronos if we let adds pile up, 8 dragons doing 3k AoEs and Kronos' DoT=painful. Of course she's only full T2 gear so she could be better. 4 casts of  Counteract Poison will clear any poison AoEs off you. Depending on how many we pull and how fast we kill Mil can be poisoned during the beginning of the pull and last until after the mobs are dead plus the time it takes to cast the spell 4 times. Ranger regen is a beast. That alone should get you through many situations.

Of course why would you be out of group without a cleric anyway? =/

Blood of the Akkadian
nuska

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2010, 04:55:24 pm »

omg dany, log on! your bard Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members