Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:54:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Updated Source 02-07-13  (Read 21595 times)
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 10:56:51 am »

I am willing to bet most would be patient enough to wait longer for the server to come back up for the chance to have access to the awesome RoF features.
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:58:23 am »

F2P client loading fine here on Win7 X64 without admin right or any compatibility settings. It wouldn't hurt to try different compatibility settings and admin rights as well though.

If you haven't tried running OptionsEditor.exe first that is probably worth a shot. You want to make sure the resolution is set to something standard in particular. My full client size is 8.74 GB (8.76 on disk) if you want to verify your client that way.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:02:11 am by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 11:06:53 am »

Ugh - oddly enough after running OptionsEditor.exe just now the client started crashing.

Was able to get it to run using windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode.

Blarr!
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:35 am »

My RoF works just fine.. I can even log into my test server using it.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 11:11:13 am »

OptionEditor fixed it for me. Will send you 100 credits too for the help.

Will need to let players know when using RoF for the first time to also run OptionEditor.

Here is quote from Trevius on eqemu - seems Augs still might have issues:

The Grand Creation (PEQ) and Storm Haven are 2 populated servers that have the RoF client enabled. It is still in a bit of a testing phase, but nearly everything is now functional. The main issue left to work out is augmenting, but there are a few other less critical issues still left to be resolved.

So use RoF at your own risk, no reimbursements if you lose augs cause I don't have the time to research everything that players might or might not have had, esp when augs are tradeable.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 11:34:57 am »

Almost forgot to copy cshome to the F2P client but that was easy fixed.

Crashed first time I tried to /camp

copy (UI) layout between characters seems to work real nice (didn't have any luck with this on previous clients).

Will probably unlock here soon, trying to think what else to test.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:23 am »

Seems I wouldn't us RoF just yet.

Tested a quest NPC that handed back more than one item at a time, and only the 1st item ended up on my cursor, and the rest of the items never got placed on the cursor.

Going to test real quick with Underfoot just to make sure it really is the client issue and not new source/quest code.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 11:51:53 am »

World now unlocked.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 11:56:50 am »

F2P client loading fine here on Win7 X64 without admin right or any compatibility settings. It wouldn't hurt to try different compatibility settings and admin rights as well though.

If you haven't tried running OptionsEditor.exe first that is probably worth a shot. You want to make sure the resolution is set to something standard in particular. My full client size is 8.74 GB (8.76 on disk) if you want to verify your client that way.

Sent you a PM with 100 credits.

Seems my resolution wasn't set or something so OptionEditor fixed it.

Reminder to everyone, I don't read PM so need to email me if you want to contact me.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 11:58:27 am »

What rev did you upgrade from Hunter?

Here is our current status when trying to run World.exe, same with Zone.exe

Edit: FYI you cant use "localhost" inside the eqemu_config.xml anymore you have to use "127.0.0.1"
Not sure why, Nate had to tell me about it when I updated source last time.

Edit2: dur im slow, just waking up but did you already have the qsdatabase added to the eqemu_config.xml?
(right below </database>)
Code:
	<qsdatabase>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>*******</password>
<db>peq</db>
</qsdatabase>

I did both things and everything works now. Thanks for saving me a headache!

Sent you a PM with 100 Credits.

Just as a reminder, I don't read PMs.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:47 pm »

Rofl, fastest server shutdown ever...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 12:52:26 pm »

Seems my resolution wasn't set or something so OptionEditor fixed it.

OptionEditor also sets your card. I only know this from debugging others' issues that downloaded UF from me. The card listed in the DL'ed client is MY video card saved in some client settings files. Since it's unlikely they have my EXACT card, it produces whacky issues. Even if a player uses 100% identical settings (resolution, models, etc), the fact is that the card is set incorrectly and seems to break something along the way. I've not cared enough to debug exactly where it breaks, but OptionsEditor is your friend with any downloaded client.

Sorry that I've been kind of slacking on reading. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:59 pm »

Key_Master in Nexus is now accepting the EZ CREDIT token from 60 pvp again.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:57 pm »

Credit_Exchange NPC in Nexus is now working with the new system.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:03 am »

Hunter,

Your issues with Mercs saying you don't meet the requirements means the merc merchant you tried does not have an entry in its merchant table that matches for you.  The tables for them are a bit complicated, but running all of the SQL in order should work.  I had the same issue after one of the updates and it was just because I didn't have the right info in my merc_stats table.  There has to be entries there for every client level that can use mercs.  So, if your char is level 70, you need entries for level 70 clientlevel in the merc_stats table.  If you are testing on a GM char that is above the highest clientlevel setting in the merc_stats table, you will get that error.  Mine goes up to level 85, which I think is included in the SQL updates.  Different merc merchants have different mercs available, so you might also need to try a different merchant.

Also, since your chars have pretty high stats compared to Live and the merc stats are more live-based, they probably won't be too useful for your higher end players.  But, you can adjust the stats on them in that table to whatever you want.  You can also create different merc tiers and such and make them available to whichever players you want so it is something they may need to earn access to for the good ones.

As for RoF, I am not aware of any item loss issues, or anything that would cause permanent issues for players.  The biggest problem is that you just can't add or remove augments, but you can still have them on your gear and there isn't any way to lose them as far as I know.  Having multiple items stacked on your cursor (such as summoning multiple items or getting multiple quest items returned at once) does require you to zone to get the next item placed on your cursor, but no items are lost from it.  It is just an annoyance for now until it can be resolved.  Relogging or zoning multiple times and placing the cursor item in your inventory each time will eventually clear the cursor buffer once you have done it enough times to get all items that are on the buffer.  Hopefully Uleat will have a cursor buffer fix for this soon.  The augmenting issue will take a bit longer to fix as it requires us to completely overhaul the slot system so it uses the new RoF system for slots instead of Titanium.  The cool thing about the new RoF slot system is that it will allow us to easily add some of the new RoF features like having bags that are larger than 10 slots (I tested a 100 slot bag and it worked), and also adds the option to enable the 2 new main inventory slots for a total of 10 instead of 8.  Note that when you have GM mode on, you will still see the 2 new inventory slots, but they are disabled on RoF for non-GMs so your players won't be able to lose items by using those slots that don't exist in the EQEmu source yet.  Just make sure you don't use them when you have GM mode on as well and you won't have any issues.  Same for bags > 10 slots (you shouldn't use them until the slot system revamp is done).

More importantly, if you updated to Rev2490, you will want to update again to Rev2491 ASAP as there is a pretty major issue with quiver haste in the Rev2487 to Rev2490 changes that was fixed/reverted in Rev2491.

Feel free to PM me on the EQEmu forums or on the EZ forums and I will give you my gmail address if you don't have it and I can help you with whatever you need for updating and such.  There have been a ton of changes going on lately (more than have happened in years), and a lot are pretty big changes, which explains why there are difficulties when updating.  Some of it is still a WIP (such as Mercs, RoF, and the Warning fixes KLS is working on now), and there are other things still being planned that will probably be started soon (RoF slot system, possible removal of some of the DB blob fields, and possibly switching from SVN to Git, and more).  It is always a bit of a pain to adjust to changes, but hopefully they will all be improvements in the end and will make things easier and more flexible.

Sorry for the wall of text!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678