Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:22:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: Waypoints (Merged)  (Read 52863 times)
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »

Currently .. spamming instances to try and see if I can get my player.pl to not see my Qglobals

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:44 pm »

Currently .. spamming instances to try and see if I can get my player.pl to not see my Qglobals

Might try crashing the zone itself to see if causes a problem.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:52 pm »

Sometimes when the qglobal wouldn't show up, it was just after I did a #reloadquest after doing a quick update. Then zoning back to public usually fixed that.

I can see where typing a command on 18box raid is easier than clicking yes on each of the 18boxes. Will try to go in that direction then. Will save signal events for other neat stuff in the future that can be filtered out by signal id.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2013, 06:53:24 pm »

Also testing qglobals was done with about 300-400 online when that many people are constantly accessing their qglobals for tier zone flags, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »

Also testing qglobals was done with about 300-400 online when that many people are constantly accessing their qglobals for tier zone flags, etc.

Very true... the test environment is a bit different  Tongue

bobo

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »

If you're boxing you are more than likely using mq2. Instead of using say commands youcan issue /notify LargeDialogWindow LDW_YesButton leftmouseup that will click yes on the large window currently used to destroy an instance. Can just put /bca in front and all the boxes will click yes. Hope that helps
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:02:28 pm by bobo » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2013, 08:45:42 am »

Did some more work on the Instances today.

Now using Signal to Client to sent invite. Then need to type join ### to enter the instance.

Detects if you have Free Waypoint or not.

Later might add detect if have regular Waypoint or not, else have super high prices, so basically buy the 1 million regular waypoint to get discount price, sort of like having a grocery store membership card.

Signals used in combo with qglobals will allow for signals to be filtered, and used for other types of stuff in the future. The instance leader and the person getting invited must be in the same zone for it to work. There is code to check for this, and will hopefully prevent any unexpected issues in the future if players were in 2 different zones.

Commands:
Instance (brings up instance menu)
Invite NAME
Join NUMBER

As you can see from the screenshot, both players will be told the instance number to use. If you forget, then just re-invite the player.

The top half of the screenshot was Hunter inviting Xdude. The second half was Xdude receiving the message, and joining the instance.

Will put the code into nro soon (within the hour from now) for testing.

Might try to add other menu commands, like list who is invited into the current zone guild instance, who joined/accepted the guild instance, etc. Need to add a delete instance maybe by the creator only, and maybe even remove player from instance command by the creator.

Haven't used any DBI yet for the script, but might start using it for a few limited things if needed. Still having random instances not seeing qglobals but could because of spamming #reloadquest with each little update, which usually can be fixed by exiting the zone, closing the zone, then going back in.

At the end, would like to polish it up by making this script 1 file with 0 plugins, so it can be passed around without needing to check if has plugin or if plugin is up to date.

More ideas and feedback are welcome. Thanks everyone that has helped so far.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2013, 08:56:50 am »

Just did a quick test again and realize a bug.

If you have free waypoint, the menu shows instances as free, but when you create instance, it charges you.

I just need to copy/paste that hasitem code from menu to the create instance function.

Will do that part maybe tomorrow since I'm done working on it for today. Current guild instance price in nro should be 3k.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2013, 09:34:36 am »

Ah so sticking with Solo  / Guild  with invites to the guild instances?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2013, 09:58:38 am »

Yup, for now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »

Don't be too sad Paldail; I saw your work and youre instance code fun and solid. You are very talented and we appreciate your work.

So, we can invite non guild members to Guild Instance with the upcoming changes?
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:01 pm »

Yes rageful, it looks like a guild instance would create the ID for the entire guild, but you have the option to invite other people who aren't in your guild to your GI
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

Don't be too sad Paldail; I saw your work and youre instance code fun and solid. You are very talented and we appreciate your work.

So, we can invite non guild members to Guild Instance with the upcoming changes?

Sorry if I didn't implement something yet. Wasn't my intention to over look anyones help. I'm guessing we're talking about raid invite in addition to guild invite? I could probably add that too. I know some people sent raid invite code already, but just to make sure I have the most recent, send me a copy of the raid code invite and I'll try to add it into what I have now.

Going to try some other neat features today with Waypoints too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:23 pm »

My only advice is to actually log onto Paldail's server and have him walk you through it. I helped him test it, and I found it quite brilliant/fun/easy to use. Won't hurt to try and you never know; you might learn something new. I know I did
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2013, 11:59:52 pm »

What is the name of his server, and what zone/npc? Or commands? Sorry if I missed it earlier.

I got a queue / list of players that are pending or joined the invited instance. Going well, will clean up the code, and expand on it such as copy/paste it for raid style in addition to guild style.

Will post screenshots later, and look forward to testing someone elses for ideas as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061