Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:23:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Update 03-03-13  (Read 16462 times)
jstraw101
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 10:16:38 am »

I would caution against putting content out that those who need gear from it can't do.

Not sure what you mean by this.    Not being able to solo content that you need is fairly standard on EZ.    The phrase "If you need it, you can't solo it" holds very true. 

Also, if there is going to be another tier between Tacvi and T1 then it stands to reason that players would be better geared when they start T1.    That being said, T1 may in fact be too easy.

I concur though, crystal drop rate is solid now.   
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 10:29:24 am »

I would caution against putting content out that those who need gear from it can't do.

Not sure what you mean by this.    Not being able to solo content that you need is fairly standard on EZ.    The phrase "If you need it, you can't solo it" holds very true. 

May be hard for someone just starting out, but in all honesty so much T1 rots due to essence farming that it shouldn't be a major issue. 

Peign

I wasn't talking about solo and didn't read anything you said about solo. What I interpreted about what you said was that even if we increase the difficulty to a point where it is too hard for those starting out then it would be find since so much stuff rots in t1. That is what I was cautioning against. For the record though, if the content is so easy that people who need the gear from there can solo it then the content needs to be made harder.

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »

By solo, do you mean one box, or one person with 6 accounts? Because i could solo it with 6 full tacvi characters, in fact i believe i did at the time I started in there.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »

That is how most of the old players did it Anuli with 1-2 groups breaking in the Zone. (No matter how many were being played with 1 or 2 RL players)

Solo means 1 toon

Pretty sure Xiggie's point is lets not double triple the mob count this will just hinder players really doing the Tier Content as intended.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »

Ok, i figured, just double checking. Yes i agree, if it is solo-able then it should be harder. If the addition of a new armor set between tacvi and t1 is implemented and makes t1 soloable with that gear, it should be increased in difficulty.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 12:03:27 pm »

Ok.....so I spent some time in ToFS....

Was fun, for about 30 minutes. Then killing 24 mobs in 5 minutes, waiting 15 mins or so for respawn and doing that again.....over and over for 6 hours to get a key got pretty tedious. Got one charm out of it. Thought to myself, "Great! Time to check out floor two!!" However, unlike live, the keys in ToFS here do NOT port the whole group to the next floor. Just the keyholder. Five hours later 2nd group member had a key, and I got no further charm drops.

The above illustrates just why this zone has been completely empty the last three times I've gone in, and why the consensus from players I've discussed the zone with has been "not worth the time". Maybe I'm not giving it enough of a chance, but in all honesty I cant see the point of spending any time here. The return for the effort just isnt there, and its completely lost the "dungeon crawl" feel it had live. Not trying to complain, BTW, Hunter, just giving feedback.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:05:09 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)