Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:06:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 65678 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »

Not saying anyone is being punished. I am simply stating IF they were to be removed like a lot of people are asking for, it would be a, to me, a punishment. Thats all... CALM DOWN !  Roll Eyes

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2013, 10:55:16 pm »

Not getting worked up, I was just stating that nobody is being punished by this change. 
As to the suggestion that warrior epics be increased to half the current tier of UW damagewise...you'd see people making 5 warrior groups with a healer and make all other classes obsolete.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2013, 05:22:36 am »

Gameplay can change at any given time.
Its not punishment

Bumping the Damage of the War epic is a piss poor idea, there is enough DPS from other toons that should be augged out and Ucv2'd

Wars have awesome mitigation as it stands thats thier ++

The UW will most likely stay in game but the grind for future levels of it will be challenging not "EZ"

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2013, 06:50:16 am »

Wars have awesome mitigation as it stands thats thier ++

Considering nothing can hit my warrior I'd say warriors have great avoidance too Smiley

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2013, 07:59:54 am »

Yay! another change after all the heavy hitters get their stuff, screw everyone else.  lol

ROFL that didn't take long...
Get over yourself and get on that treadmill

This!  This has got to be the best post I have read of yours.  I bitch about a change and you take it personally and attack me?  You need to get over yourself before trying to call others out.  

ROFL!  pot calling the kettle

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:02:08 am by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2013, 10:14:50 am »

I do believe, even on EZ, warriors have the best basic mitigation and evasion of any class (NO class touches them for mitigation, and only monks can match them for basic evasion). Thats how it was live, and it seems as if its how it is here. I dont know how AC caps are worked here, but if it matches live warriors get 45% of AC after soft cap is hit, knights get second best at 33%. Thats basic, pre AA, pre disc, pre item effect/click.

You have to balance what a warrior does for DPS against their inherent defenses, or things get out of whack (no one else remembers when warriors here were the best dps?). UW tilts that balance a bit.....but doesnt quite break it. Other classes will still out damage a UW warrior (or so I am told....I'm still limping through T7). However....as easy as UW were to get before things were getting skewed pretty quickly. I think Hunter made the right call....and as much as I like the UW I can see people's point about removal.

And I hate to say this....but maybe the best thing to do is to remove the heal effect from the UW on all versions but the mace. THATS whats really throwing lower tiers into a spin. Might not be so big of an impact at higher (T6+) tiers, but on lower tiers you can pull the zone, put your back to the corner, hit the riposte clicky glasses if you need to, click the UW and kill the zone in about 1 shot and end up max health. Removing this heal would leave a VERY VERY powerful weapon, but it would limit the ability to completely trivialize lower tier content using a single warrior to clear....or at worst a single warrior and a T5 druid. Removal of the heal simply makes a UW take the place of a couple zerker epic clicks Cheesy

Just an idea.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:18:00 am by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2013, 11:39:37 am »

Seems the changes to UW have been made.  It is difficult but not impossible to obtain. I am  not seeing that additional changes are needed.

Continue to march, continue to grind, adapt and overcome.

It is nice to see a use for essence of frozen shadow.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2013, 12:13:44 pm »

Essentially the change has limited the UW from being obtained by anyone but someone in T7/T8 by putting the drop on Floor 7. While I don't agree that it should be on that particular mob, I understand why it is.

I think a lot of good suggestions have been tossed out and should be discussed further. IE: level restriction, zone vender requirement etc.

Keeze
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2013, 04:35:35 pm »

I don't see where any further changes need to be made. It's rarity was reset so that it is now more in line with what Hunter wanted in the first place. He said he wanted a weapon that would be the best damn thing you could get on the server but rare enough that very very few would get it. As it sits now it will drastically slow down the amount of UW coming into the game. And the good thing is that as UW's move on and people with them quit you will start to see the number of active UW's lowered more in line with the rarity intended. I don't think it needs to be nerfed or the heal removed because it effects how a T2 player being able to rofl stomp content he shouldn't be able to because with the changes put in place it is likely T2 players will no longer be able to obtain it.

Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2013, 08:19:30 am »

Well I hate to rage about things, but I need to clarify things that I have been researching with changes to the server over the last year. My background here on EZ .. I played a few years ago and left when I was breaking into t3, due to real life issues and unable to play hardcore to farm all the augs and uc at that time.  It was a time sink to acquire them then.  Not complaining since those were the High end stuff back then.

1 Hardcore end gamer - is really a misnomer because only 25% of end gamers are true hardcores.  My definition of hardcore is the player who does the grind for those elite items in a game.  End gamer is only a player who is at the end game, doesn't mean the player is hardcore at all.  Although there are hardcore end gamers!

2. To say now that UW, RoA, SoA, UC, SoT aren't needed to break into new content seems to be misplaced now.  I read thru a lot of posts about t7, tofs and I find it funny that peeps like Fugi, Dima,even Hunter and a few other high end players have stated that those zones needed those items to make it easier for breaking in.  However, you all say now its not needed......  really confused now about past posts and what I see in game.

3. It was stated by Hunter that the hardcore players will achieve these items along with their progression to make it easier and casual player will never see it. (just like live) However now its removed so the hardcore player now has to wait for them instead of using them as part of progression.  I have noticed alot of new players and they want tier progression first and not the grind for the items first or together.  I do understand that since Fugi was able to get 600+ ess in one double loot weekend (that is game breaking) will wait til then and do that but that's not really hardcore for this sever being tier based.

4. UW was like a magic trick in 2012 til the Mage told how the trick works.  Meaning, Hunter told everyone what was needed before it went live and 6 months earlier.  Then to come back and say 3 days after it went live that there was 6 uw's already is really a crazy statement and then to say I only thought one person would have is even crazier.  I am surprised there was even more and if Hunter was shocked and didn't intend that why did it go another 6 to 7 months before the nerf stick.

5.Anguish AA farming ... Fugi pretty much got 500 ranks in 4 months using 250% exp pot (which is fine) but with that nerf in anguish, that means all other players that haven't finish their RoA will take 3 times longer.  I have been told (I haven't done this so it is hearsay) that Anguish run w/250% exp pot could net 10k AA's per run in 10 mins.  Now with change, Having the pot which is aprox. 36mins will equal only 10k'ish aa's in 30 mins. So that means myself and many others will not see max roa for 2 years(or so if you start from scratch) and doing that only, so no progression if that's what we want. We still need to get t7+ with UW9, SoA maxed and of course the UC to get close to how Fugi did it.

There is also a phrase I read a lot and that is "That's not what I or He intended"  that is an excuse for when shit hits the fan and there is no reason for some changes and the effect to others.  Now to state only 5-10% players to have the UW is strange ...Fugi alone holds abt 5% of the total on the server, while most only have one and that's not even completed.  So should I take that 5% to mean only one player?

Also, Hunter stated in ooc that t9 damage will be based upon the highest hps toon on the server... does that mean when t9 hits that these items will be required?  If so I think it will only be 3 to 5 people playing.  With these changes do I need to box 12 or 18 now, even Fugi has stated that these item will allow people to 6 box vs having to 12 or 18 box content.

I am just confused and agitated about these changes cuz they have totally hosed my progression plan to get to floor 7 and t8.  I also have to look at 12 to 18 boxing which has always been stated that is not needed for EZ server. I can provide quotes and dates but I thought it would be good for you all to return to old posts to see where everyone was at a previous time and their stance at that time and then compare to today where you stand. I am only trying to make a point and that is we all forget what we did 6 months ago and our stance since things change like I got all that shit now so its easier.

Again, my apologize to Fugi and Hunter along with others that I might have offended, but you say you let shit roll off so I guess I will see if that is true Tongue
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2013, 09:13:07 am »

No hard feelings  Grin

A lot of those post you have read with needing this amount of effort to break in the zone have since been changed and altered based on

1. Zone mob damage really decreased.
2. Aggro range practically removed with tunnel vision set.
3. Resists changed everything, a little effort farming your 12+ (Like I did will get ya clear of these zones)
4. What else is end players to do but grind RoA when completely done with 18+ toons (minus soa, sot on them)
5. DPS increased a lot when he adjusted the server lag. (attacking less hitting for more boom boom)
6. Players are finding synergies with different classes/spells making it all easier.
7. T8 is gimped gimped

Oh and just think, I did the 100-500 WITHOUT XP POTIONS/ WITHOUT XP CICKY and in Fire/HoH only ...

So saying you can't achieve to 500 is not accurate at all. The XP in hoh/T5/T6/T7/T8 is awesome. Just have to get bored and do it over and over and over... all while acquiring $ and Essences... over and over and over

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:33:25 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 14, 2013, 09:21:16 am »

As a compensation, newbs will have the right to say "you had it easy with SoA an UW" to old timers ... for a change Smiley

Actually, the old timers progressed through Qvic - T4 without any UW available to them.

Hunter that is Creation to T7 without any UW available to them, along with broken classes and no awesome spells (Hate), instancing not until late T5....

I came to the server when MCP was still being broken into for the 1st time.

When it took 40+ mins to kill T3/T4 mobs with 2 grps of maxed goons (no augments at that time)

I remember spending almost 3 weeks popping MCP 1 or 2 times a day (purples where hard to come by then) with me and thebones 4 grps and getting rolled rolled rolled rolled rolled until we were successful

oh.. and 2 miles uphill in the snow... to school..

Grin Grin
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:34:44 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 14, 2013, 09:34:42 am »

LOL ok Fugi ... didn't mean to lead to people thinkin it cant be done.  I will get it done ... Just seems real confusing with the changes is all.  And I would have more fun using those items as a progression alternative than not til I am t7/t8. And I wouldnt mind if it took me 6 months to get UW6 and all the goodies to assist in progression was all.  I felt that these items were for end gamers to give them something to do which is needed but at the same time those that want to incorporate them in there tier farming and the extra extra time for farming (hardcore) could have it too.

Not pissed at all and will continue my grind to T8 and those pieces again  Grin

Ok I know I was here back then too.  Just wasn't in t4, I remember killin Shadow for an hour+ with 4 grps and still dyeing and rezzing thru fight.  Tongue  Those strike augs did help lot with fight Tongue

I loved the idea of farming my ass off for killer items vs just armor upgrades and epics ... that's all.

Again I just wanted some confusion removed and rant alittle at the same time .. so calm down guys Tongue

Ok one question Do I need more than one grp to get thru t6? Really hoping that I don't need til T7 more for t8.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2013, 10:24:53 am »

I havent been here forever...just since 2009. But I can tell you for a fact that 70 to T4 is SOOOO, SOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than it was even a year ago, let alone 4 years ago. T5 is a ton easier than it was when it launched back in 2010(11?). In fact its easier now than it was a year ago, and thats even discounting UWs.

Hunter from the start had ideas about the UW being a very rare, very hard to get weapon. Well, turned out he underestimated some of the players here....and I think he REALLY underestimated the impact the new spell and melee changes would have on farming the essences. So....he fixed it. Simple as that. And...he may fix it further.

But I do know that as much as I have second guessed Hunter in the past (and probably will in the future), and as many doubts as I have had about some of his changes....the guy delivers, eventually. Just have to keep in mind that even with some amazing help from his friends and a handful of players here he is ONE GUY doing all this, without any real beta testing. When you consider that I think you have to agree he does an amazing job of it.

Thanks for the changes, H.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2013, 12:52:05 pm »

Well now that the heat has died down, I think I like the UW quest as it stands now.  I do not want UW to be removed, so I take that comment back.

SoA seems a bit crazy, though I have not tried to do it since the update.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)