Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 01:59:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 65745 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 04:22:47 pm »

Lol essence no drop... Problem solved for the uw... Perhaps creates a few though for other things
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 04:47:47 pm »

but hey nice way to gather community opinion before rolling out a major change! Here is your gold star.

Haha.. run your own server with your leadership style. Attacking Hunter like that gets you no where trust me.

I still vote for removing UWs completly and I have many so /tongue...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 04:50:07 pm »

Yay! another change after all the heavy hitters get their stuff, screw everyone else.  lol

ROFL that didn't take long...
Get over yourself and get on that treadmill

-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:21 pm »

She isn't immune to magic or procs, she just has very high resists.
I'm not really sure the point of your post, but I have never seen an dps Aug, UW proc, or uw click land on her.

The point of the post is that you stated that she is totally immune to any type of magic, I'm simply pointing out the fact that she's not immune and just has very high resists.  If I get bored enough today to go spawn her, I can post a screenshot of strikes landing on her if you like.

BTW pretty sure Dimur was first person to kill Tserinna with < UW max think he was like 6 or 7...

-Hate"
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:35 pm »

I found myself writing a lot of truths, but in the end deleting it all again. Cause as Fugi says, its Hunters sandbox and he can do whatever he wants, however he thinks it should be done.

Personally, I've been on my way on a break for a while now. Got a bit obsessed with the RoA - but you can only clear T6 so many times. And with the neatness of T6 exp out of the question (thanks Dimu), that just cements it Smiley

I'll hopefully see you guys later on, when more stuff has been implemented and the current situation has been ironed out.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »

+1

This thing has unbalanced everything.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 06:10:38 pm »

What makes a great server is input from the community... ultimately it is hunters server and his decisions however without ppl the server dies... has to be a healthy balance.

Keeze
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2013, 06:37:25 pm »

I expect a balancing as usuall. As hunter said there are gona be some people who are butthurt or mad about this just becasue, then there are people who are giving issue on certain things along with discussion on those things and why and suggestions on adjusting thisgs while still acheiving what hunter wants.

Last nite hunter mad a change and announced it ovver /ooc that any mobs up in the whole zone in t6 will cause matamura to despawn. It was brought to his attention about the ones right by him and that this may cause a problem on the last few pulls. He accnolaged, and listened.

Hunter listens to the discusions.

He will on this one as well.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 06:48:13 pm »

Well seeming as I won't be obtaining an UW anytime soon now ; I have a lot of essences in the 30s-40s I'll be giving away for free this weekend. See you guys then
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »

I think why there are so many UW's is that it's a perceived benefit, even if it might not be an improvement before rank 5+

It's also a fun distraction from the treadmill and pre t5 content. And key to it all is it is obtainable from the get go.  This is a major draw and what makes EZ End game different from most.

A better solution might be, instead of Essence of Frozen Shadow, if it truly only drops off that incredibly hard mob, would be to possibly put in a task or combine that would allow you to make the essence. Maybe 10 rank 4 or 5 stones in magic box( that would be either 80 resist stones or 160 resist stones to farm per level) .

OR

Put in 9 mobs that drop a no drop item that are all tuned to 6 or 12 man group of appropriate gear/charm/aug for that tier and can account for UW from previous tier as well.   Thinking like old war outside Thurg for 10th ring type event.  Could add a time sink here as well via tasks to make it happen.

OR

Put an item on each vendor in the tier that costs 10 mil plat replaces the essence of Plat and can add something else maybe via a different task for the 10th item.

The key is it has to  be perceived as worth doing and obtainable or people will be butt hurt, or just see a giant wall of stuff to do before being able to start at the end game.  This was a fun alternative path , and most people took it.

The SoA change still mind boggling but if you want us to farm 45 EoN's, then make this a strict time sink.  If you want to control over tiering, put a 0 plat item on the vendors that go int he combine in lieu of essences.

Recipe could be 1 EoN, 1 tier item, 1 SLS, old shield.  Makes this a pure time sink, and frees up essences for other things.  But I still like my idea of a 2 stage combine more.  would take 9 EoN's to make a SoA 9(=45)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 07:02:05 pm »

Haha.. run your own server with your leadership style. Attacking Hunter like that gets you no where trust me.

Normally, I don't say things about changes, but I will agree that the best thing to do in this situation  is to remove the UW. As I originally stated it is game changing...but to change it mid-swing w/o ANY discussion is a dick move.  If that bothers you or the server admin..oh well go troll someone else douche.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:06:11 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 07:08:48 pm »

If that bothers you or the server admin..oh well go troll someone else douche.

ROFL, pretty sure that wasn't a troll.

It was a stated fact, attacking Hunter gets you no where.

If you don't like it .... leave no one will miss you. No one will miss anyone (present self included) if they roll out. There is a lot of servers on your selection screen.

oh, and I am a douche for stating the truth what does that make you candyass?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:10:38 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 07:18:33 pm »

Fugi, it's not me  being rude... you are simply  a douche...  I just hope it's an in-game persona cause an attitude like yours would get you a severe ass beating irl.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »

Normally, I don't say things about changes, but I will agree that the best thing to do in this situation  is to remove the UW. As I originally stated it is game changing...but to change it mid-swing w/o ANY discussion is a dick move.  If that bothers you or the server admin..oh well go troll someone else douche.

Calling someone out for trying to pull passive aggressive bs is not trolling. As a matter of fact passive aggressive is more trollish than anything because the only thing it will accomplish is getting a negative response. As for you talk of real life ass beating, I hope Hunter sees it and bans your ass. Don't talk about real life shit like that. If you can't handle an adult conversation without saying shit like that then you need to move on to Mario Cart or something.

Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

I think Hunter should remove UW entirely.. Create a temporary quest to give a reward based on your current UW rank so that you didnt entirely waste your time.. Make a Earring of the Ages (or something familiar), and give X amount of ranks for people that have done UW based on ranking.  Let this quest be up for 2 weeks to allow ppl ample time to "sell" their UW.  Then after 2 weeks, remove UW.

If I am reading it right, making people obtain a TOFS Ess for each UW rank seems absurd and perhaps impossible for a lot of people, and will only make the people who have higher UWs richer by selling them.   I am perfectly fine with making people spending 10 million per rank, there is too much plat going around as it is, which is making things 4x more expensive than they were a year ago.

If UW is removed, there needs to be a substitute quest for other gear slots, since UW is basically the epic quest on EZ server,  There needs to be grindable items that require ess to create, Warrior epics need to do far more damage than ~900, so make progressing through the tiers more rewarding on DPS instead of UW rank, as I'm all for DPS being based on tier and not UW rank.  Make the Warrior Epic do like 500, then 1k damage, then 2k, then 4k, 8k, 12k, etc.   This is just off the top of my mind.

UW is damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Just get rid of it IMO.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:30:12 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678