Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:01:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: UW and SoA Recipes  (Read 65606 times)
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

Problem with using the resist stones is that all someone needs to do is farm. U need some sort of barrier to prevent people who haven't put the time in otherwise that can farm and skip content. You can buy all the items if you have dough and you could have a Qvic  or lesser geared toon with a UW IX.
The only people that should have or be able to get UW IX should be the people flagged for T8
demorgoth

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »

Aye thats why they should have a level req as was suggested earlier locked to your current tier like augs.

However lets be realistic here for a split second bud. If someone in qvic gear had a uw ix they would more than likely have a t8 toon anyway. As they would not be able to farm the resist stones, plat or essences... Or would have donated a butt load to the server and still be short of the resist stones or essences of tofs. Which lets face it any contribution to hunters hard work and dedication is not a bad thing either.

jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »

Why not just add an additional essence of platinum per level?  If people have to lay out 90 mil for the 9 it's not impossible but it also gives people a reason to sell essences while not making them completely without value as they were before uw.

with that people don't lose what they worked hard for and on the other hand it's still attainable but not too easy
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2013, 03:07:33 pm »

Well although the idea of an escalating 10mill plat per UW suks for me(i'm broke most of the time) That could be a feasible option and a plat sink for the mass amounts of plat on the server. And even though its bad for me I like the idea.

UW1 10mil
UW2 20mil
UW3 30mil
UW4 40mil.....

so 450mill for UW9 in total That seems next to impossible for a good majority of those on server.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:10:22 pm by Premador » Logged
demorgoth

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2013, 03:46:53 pm »

Lol although i am cringing at that idea, i do think you are onto somethin premador. Would start clearing peoples banks of the ridiculous amounts of plat and still make it a massive pita to attain which would scale drastically as you progress.

It would be great as people would propritise auging vs uwing for dps as the plat : dmg ratio would be way off. And essentially you need a uw 3-4 before you actually notice a dmg increase tbh which is what, 60mil plat...
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

Ya makes me cringe to, but I do think that it would follow Hunters intentions with this item.
And just for the record it was actually jmaneuv011's idea, i just expanded a little on it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:17:32 pm by Premador » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2013, 04:19:10 pm »

You guys still assume that the uw is needed for content can 3-6box with epics only with a low roa to get flagged to t8. Yes it's nice to see it functional but the lower levels are just step lwvela to achieve the high ranks. And before yall go apeshit on me i was flagged t8 before uws came out ie t7 gear and epics. Just like most of Magister, Natedog, and just a small amount of others.

This weapon is "ultimate" and should be "ultimate" to get if period.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »

Lol although i am cringing at that idea, i do think you are onto somethin premador. Would start clearing peoples banks of the ridiculous amounts of plat and still make it a massive pita to attain which would scale drastically as you progress.

Theres only a few ppl with ridiculousness amounts of plat.

Like I said earlier, if you were to farm 30 Gmajors and sell them, youll be on the Top Richest list.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:24:58 pm by Tankdan » Logged
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2013, 05:06:16 pm »

This weapon is "ultimate" and should be "ultimate" to get if period.

I get that but I'm sure that was said about the UC at one point as well(ya i know i wasnt here then)  And really UC is almost necessity T5+. Then there is UC2 and 3 now...

UW9 may be Ultimate now, but in 12 months will it still be? or maybe there will be a UWV2 IX...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:08:15 pm by Premador » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »

UC/2/3 didn't/doesn't break Content

UC1 made it where you could barely survive the MCP encounter when still grouped with 12+ goons when it was hard not like it is now. (needed to finish T4 on 1+ toons this was when t4 was end game)

UCv2 Minor hp increase and good dps increase+Healing increase (got after completing T6 content already maxed then when t6 was end game.... oh yeah before any mitigation was in the game = basically more then 1 mob per pull equaled a full raid wipe)

UCv3 Decent hp increase and good dps increase + Healing increase (finished after completing all T8 content 400 turnins are rough)

UW 5/6/7/8/9 destroy the content  makes one toon equal to 2+ grps of DPS (equal to that esse tier)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:46:21 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2013, 06:15:43 pm »

Sums it up completely.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »

Here's the thing I don't understand, people keep posting how it's now impossible to do UW.  Yes, it may be impossible for a T4 geared crew to do Tserrina and Sven...but that's not the gear level that Hunter had in mind when he made UW. 

Thinking about making an Ultimate Weapon quest that probably only 3-5 people on the server would ever earn. Something meant to be super rare and desired.

Would probably be something like 100 Essences per tier/rank in return for a weapon with super stats on it that would probably make 1 tank as powerful as 6 characters. Would be in Task Window so you could see/count the turn in.

Any ideas?

Ultimate Weapon quest/reward would take me 1 hr to make vs 100s of hrs for end game hardcore players to achieve. It would NOT calc into the balance for any tiers.

This new UW would be best item ever, better than scepter 10, or Shield XL. Would def put players at several million HP and maybe 300-500k dps or higher. Bet only 1-3 players ever get it anyways.

I could understand some get upset cause they know they'll never get one.

Def a game breaking item and I couldn't imagine more than 1 tank per large high end guild to have one.

These are all quotes pulled from Hunter's discussion thread when he was kicking the idea of a UW quest around...clearly you can see that he wanted this to be rare as hell.  He had also stated how it was a carrot to dangle for the most hardcore end gamers who had all their gear/progression done and needed something else to focus on.  This is nowhere near impossible, daunting yes but impossible?...not even close.  When you gear you crew up enough to get to the point of killing Tserrina, which is a shitload easier now that rampage is gone, and Sven who isn't any harder, you'll be able to farm the essences you need to complete your UW tiers.  Either that or trade a shitload of essences, sls or whatever else people are looking for to get them without having to kill Sven yourself, but for fuck's sake it's far from impossible to do without a UW.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Damn good post Dimur. I'd have to say that it is still not even as hard as what Hunter first intended.

Claytin

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 08:08:36 pm »

I would have to agree with removing UW also. It was a great thought but as you said never underestimate some of our will to accomplish. All this new way is doing is handicapping those who are already handicapped(hence don't have one by now). Also with previous content getting made harder b/c the top players put in time and can steam roll a zone is only going to make it worse on the not so elite as those top players will always have that UW bonus. Those who don't already had a hard enough time getting one now it just got much harder and those who have the time/friends/resources already have it. That's my input as either way though I'll still play and progress.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:16 pm »

All this new way is doing is handicapping those who are already handicapped

How does this handicap anyone all the content can be done without the UW? Even T8 it's a fucking joke even without a UW, just get your resists up and be done with it.

On the other hand glad your positive and will still get after the grind!! Hang in there and holler if ya need something

This is nowhere near impossible, daunting yes but impossible?...not even close. 

+1
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:19:53 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110