Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:33:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10-04-13  (Read 19037 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:38 am »

50k AA points for the first rank? I'll chalk that shit up to not happening, incoming bank.

Heh.... Right now for the 800s it's 3,000/40,000.. I think I've spent 340,000++ in 800s alone..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:38 am »

Yea, I just don't have that kinda time on my hands.  Undecided

Keeze
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »

Cure clicky is useless now.  The only things that stick spells are ToFS which need a million clicks to remove or t7 bosses that need 4 or 5 clicks.  It seems to be good for Dragon Poison in t2 now and not much else.

Can we maybe stop screwing with the game that people have enjoyed playing for years?  I appreciate changes being made on bugs or if something is unbalancing that's fine but it's getting a little ridiculous having something nerfed every time we log in.  Especially something like Cure that people have paid money to get

Some people play games because they enjoy building characters and seeing how the time they put in results in being able to do a little more in the game.  Having characters attack slower or heal less or whatever that already ridiculous and annoying frozen concentration in ToFS was doing makes the zone suck
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:39:06 pm by jmaneuv011 » Logged
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:54 pm »

Can we maybe stop screwing with the game that people have enjoyed playing for years?
+1

Can't say im surprised though.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »

Can we maybe stop screwing with the game that people have enjoyed playing for years?
+1

+1

-Hate"
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »

Cure clicky is useless now.  The only things that stick spells are ToFS which need a million clicks to remove or t7 bosses that need 4 or 5 clicks.  It seems to be good for Dragon Poison in t2 now and not much else.

See below (or read through the thread).

That's part of why the instant cure has a 6 second cooldown. With the cooldown in place can get rid of the 300-500 stack counters. :-)

-Hate

Can we maybe stop screwing with the game that people have enjoyed playing for years?  I appreciate changes being made on bugs or if something is unbalancing that's fine but it's getting a little ridiculous having something nerfed every time we log in.  Especially something like Cure that people have paid money to get

"I appreciate changes being made on bugs or if something is unbalancing that's fine but it's getting a little ridiculous having something nerfed every time we log in"

So if something is unbalancing, you are ok with changing it. This was unbalancing, but you aren't ok with it? The reason it was given a brief cooldown is so we can get away from those stupidly high 300+ count debuffs. Those were put in specifically to COUNTER this clicky. I understand that you paid money and the 6 second delay on an INSTANT purge of all debuffs is still a REALLY good deal considering it trivializes ALL debuffs every 6 seconds.

Some people play games because they enjoy building characters and seeing how the time they put in results in being able to do a little more in the game.  Having characters attack slower or heal less or whatever that already ridiculous and annoying frozen concentration in ToFS was doing makes the zone suck

The stupidly high curse/disease/poison counters will be brought down to reasonable levels. They just got split into two separate updates. The characters attacking slower was due to constant "sudden death" and latency issues. High end players were being instagibbed breaking in to new tiers due to the SUPER fast attack speed of the mobs.

This happened almost two years ago when the paladin procs and cleric Word of Viv were reduced, but due to a broken query mid-page, stopped before the debuffs were cut down too. In this case (as stated above), trying to bring things into a more manageable state but the clicky adjustment came before the debuff adjustment. The 300-500 counters will go away in a day or so.

Let's undo all the changes in the last three years. Let's go back to groups being 1-2 clerics, rest warriors. Let's go back to 30 minutes fights in T4 with Death Touch every 90 - 120 seconds. Let's go back to having NO new spells past level 70 from the EQ developers. Let's also go back to where there were no instances, STRICT 10 mob limits, and charm drops being one in a few thousand.

Friend, nothing in an MMO is static. I'm not trying to insult or mock you, but MMOs are "living". Things will change from time to time (and not always in a fun way). Occasionally though, things get amazing.

Kraken was changed up to be 12-18s of 25k BASE damage procs (and 100k base damage for Kraken II). Skin of the Drake was highly overpowering (which I did not realize) in the sense that it allowed a player to cast ONE spell and then pull large sections alone without the aid of a healer. The Cure Click made it useful to ever attempt to debuff the player unless the debuffs were set with HUGE counters or set uncurable.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 05:10:55 pm »

Bah, nevermind. Anytime there are a hundred new abilities, no one says a damn thing.

One NECESSARY adjustment is made and shitstorm kicks up.

Forget justifying anything to deaf ears anymore. If you legitimately want an answer, PM. Otherwise patch-notes are all I'm going to post anymore.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »

Bah, nevermind. Anytime there are a hundred new abilities, no one says a damn thing.

One NECESSARY adjustment is made and shitstorm kicks up.

Forget justifying anything to deaf ears anymore. If you legitimately want an answer, PM. Otherwise patch-notes are all I'm going to post anymore.

-Hate

I like Turtles

-Hate"
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 05:34:02 pm »

Saying "let's change everything from the last 3 years" is ridiculous and you know it.

I feel like I'm logging into a different game every time I log in now and it's getting to be a bit much.  I think a lot of people would agree with me

SoTD was unbalancing I'd agree as well as a couple of others like the BP Riposte.  Wiping out an annoying stat debuff that just makes fights take longer isn't unbalancing in my book, however.  On that note, why sell us a clicky if you're going to purposely make it not useable in relevant content?  Especially given the recent 500% price increase on the item... (which was still worth it in its old form)

Lowering the counters won't really help because if you pull as many as 5 mobs in ToFS they'll just slap a new debuff on you instantly anyway.  The other way you could at least be free of it for as much as half the fight.

I appreciate the hard work you guys put into the game and I know it isn't fun to have people not be fans of all of them but some of these changes are making the game less fun for everybody and I don't want to see the server I like playing on become unenjoyable.  Besides, people won't want to donate for a game if they feel like the item they buy is going to be nerfed or their characters are constantly being made weaker.

Why PM?  This affects everybody here so let's have the discussion here to encourage feedback

-Zeroco (I think I'd be trolling at this point if I didn't put my in game name)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 05:39:14 pm »

Understand the frustration, Hate.....but you need to understand that this frustration is a 2 way street. Many of us can see something being changed within a few days, even weeks after its implemented.....but we're talking about a whole shitload of people who've specifically built a team based on the abilities of the core characters (core, of course, always being tank/heal)....and done so based on abilities that have been in place for a long time (in MMO terms, even here, 10 months plus is an eternity).

People here have been using Drake for a long time to help move through content. They've geared druids, flagged them, swapped out healers, changed team balance completely BECAUSE they thought that Drake, in the game for so long, was working as intended. Now its taken away....and that means retooling groups....again. And it means parking yet another character thats a member of a now near useless class. My only hope is that somehow a good balance will be struck that makes a druid a viable healing class again, because atm there is absolutely ZERO reason to add a druid to a team. Its back to being a PL or buff and camp class, which is a shame.

And yes, we understand that its just one or two people managing content! But you'd have to be an imbecile to not be able to understand the PLAYERS frustration....and I know damned well you arent an imbecile.....yer just havin a rough day Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:41:47 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 06:03:37 pm »

Understand the frustration, Hate.....but you need to understand that this frustration is a 2 way street. Many of us can see something being changed within a few days, even weeks after its implemented.....but we're talking about a whole shitload of people who've specifically built a team based on the abilities of the core characters (core, of course, always being tank/heal)....and done so based on abilities that have been in place for a long time (in MMO terms, even here, 10 months plus is an eternity).

People here have been using Drake for a long time to help move through content. They've geared druids, flagged them, swapped out healers, changed team balance completely BECAUSE they thought that Drake, in the game for so long, was working as intended. Now its taken away....and that means retooling groups....again. And it means parking yet another character thats a member of a now near useless class. My only hope is that somehow a good balance will be struck that makes a druid a viable healing class again, because atm there is absolutely ZERO reason to add a druid to a team. Its back to being a PL or buff and camp class, which is a shame.

And yes, we understand that its just one or two people managing content! But you'd have to be an imbecile to not be able to understand the PLAYERS frustration....and I know damned well you arent an imbecile.....yer just havin a rough day Cheesy

Drake has been somewhat fixed and is now useable.    You may not be able to use it to pull 150+ trains  ( I know you were not doing this anyway Brick) but it is definitely a viable spell now.    Druid back off the bench!
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 06:04:28 pm »

-Hate
Almost every update I read recently makes the game less fun and controversial.  That's a fact.  We were just getting used to huge changes to UW/SoA/whatever else was done a week or two ago, and before that even sinks in we're getting anally rammed 5 minutes after getting shot in the stomach.  I don't ever remember hearing a discussion on Cure charm or it being a problem whatsoever. It's like these changes just come out of thin air randomly.

What else in on the plate as far as nerfs go?  I can't even find motivation to log in knowing that tomorrow there will prob be more nerfs and a new spell file.    
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 06:16:10 pm »

IJAG...calm down.  Yes, I have the clicky cure and have nerfed classes, but honestly....i still enjoy it. Hate and Hunter could safe f%&k it, shut it down and call it a day. But they are trying to keep all of the updates fair, classes mostly balanced and new content coming.  

If hunter put a reward item of a fugi clone pet, everyone would get it, beat all current content and still bitch about something I'm sure.

It'll be OK. Drink more, get some, do whatever you need to bring the panties from between your cheeks.  Have ideas to fix druids or clicky or whatever? Post them and I'm sure they'll be considered.  If not, smash your monitor and take a break.

Tak
PS - yep I'm a scrub in T4 / T5, and I'm cool with that
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »

If hunter put a reward item of a fugi clone pet, everyone would get it, beat all current content and still bitch about something I'm sure.

I'd farm it or pay for it... good Idea Takishi!!!

Grin
I can see Dimur running around with Mini-Me... /sexting it...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:25:45 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:50 pm »

I'd farm it or pay for it... good Idea Takishi!!!

Hell i would too!  I wouldn't even need a group til T7 at that point Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061