Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:37:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 10-06-13  (Read 14470 times)
red2

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:21 am »

yeah cuz your druid totally needs a twisted AFRO!
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 11:11:03 am »

...logging in to make a druid named shaft.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 12:04:54 pm »

The agro on the druid epic is from the snare. That DD, even with charm, wont steal agro....and I dont know anyone who actually uses the snare.

Code:
	case SE_MovementSpeed: {
int val = CalcSpellEffectValue_formula(spells[spell_id].formula[o], spells[spell_id].base[o], spells[spell_id].max[o], this->GetLevel(), spell_id);
if (val < 0)
{
AggroAmount += (2 + ((slevel * slevel) / 8));
break;
}
break;
}

Let's assume it's spell level 254 (which is generally not what is used for class epics, usually 81 or something).

(2 + ((254 * 254) / Cool)
(2 + ( 64516 / 8 ))
(2 + 8065)
Assuming L254, it does 8067 threat.

I'm hardly believing that 8k threat is responsible. The DD alone is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher.

-Hate

EDIT: Run this!
Code:
REMOVED! Exploit possible. Re-writing
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:30:41 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 01:43:47 pm »

anything that alters the mob ie slow movement debuff has an extra hate modifier on it
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »

anything that alters the mob ie slow movement debuff has an extra hate modifier on it

The threat generation formula is above. It is based off of the spell level. The fact that these spells are hitting for HUNDREDS of thousands of damage....that's probably it.....

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »

.....Dont know about that, HB. I can click static burst 2 on my sorc 26 wiz AFTER clicking 4.5 epic on my non UC oracle 50 druid....and the wiz wont steal agro. Druid click is 40K base AE damage, static burst 2 on wiz is 50K base damage, plus charm bump. Druid epic also adds a little bit of a DoT, but also has 3K hate decrease. Its the snare.

Slow and snare have a hate modifier built in, and have since forever (unless EZ handles this differently than live). Also.....resisted snares and slows get a greater amount of agro than slows and snares that land.....again, unless its handled differently here (been that way on live since Luclin, as I recall).

But one thing I did notice: zerk epic is negative 80K hate, and druid epic is neg 3K hate. I think with the snare the hate decrease on druid epic needs some tinkering.

Regardless.....masked strength on druid and irrational irritation on warrior makes it a non issue most times.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 07:10:09 pm »

.....Dont know about that, HB. I can click static burst 2 on my sorc 26 wiz AFTER clicking 4.5 epic on my non UC oracle 50 druid....and the wiz wont steal agro. Druid click is 40K base AE damage, static burst 2 on wiz is 50K base damage, plus charm bump. Druid epic also adds a little bit of a DoT, but also has 3K hate decrease. Its the snare.

Slow and snare have a hate modifier built in, and have since forever (unless EZ handles this differently than live). Also.....resisted snares and slows get a greater amount of agro than slows and snares that land.....again, unless its handled differently here (been that way on live since Luclin, as I recall).

But one thing I did notice: zerk epic is negative 80K hate, and druid epic is neg 3K hate. I think with the snare the hate decrease on druid epic needs some tinkering.

Regardless.....masked strength on druid and irrational irritation on warrior makes it a non issue most times.

Unless there is another section that handles the hate generation, the code above is the specific block involving the threat generation. I'm going to spam a few ranks of it tonight and cycle through the hatelists to see what has changed (and divide up the threat gen).

Will post more as I learn more. Based on the source though (as far as I can find after 60min of reviewing it), the snare formula is above.

-Hate

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081