Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:14:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Ninjalooting  (Read 47549 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2010, 12:57:05 am »

Ok whats the deal man this is getting out of hand, do people know this isnt cool?  Tonight I'm gearing up a new ranger named Talgothon hes my new alt right and helping a monk who asked for me to get pages in potime.  I just kill eight eyes and let the monk loot page and I'm getting ready to use Homey he mage to summon ranger to loot a BP.  I look over and this guy named Jerome is over corpse looting it and I say wtf is going on and he replies minfd if I loot this.  I go off yelling and he replies oh your just crying and you didnt even have a ranger there.  Last night I'm helping a guy get tokens in Qvic when I look over and this fucker is looting a boss I just killed and he runs and hides when yell at him, I cant remember his name but some last night may have seen me bitching in ooc.  What the hell is going on?  Do I have to have fraps running at all times now? Kajira seems to be his alt because hes speaking on that char now berating me for complaining that he ninjad the BP.  Thought I had a screenshot but I'm too much of a retard to take one i guess but everyone in /ooc tonight saw him admitting to looting it.  He keeps defemding himself by saying it was ready to rot.  Sorry if I got busy and wife talking to me about my teenagers but fuck .  Some other guys said there is a rule that if you dont loot by the time its unlocked then you dont have loot rights anymore is that true?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:21:58 am by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 01:08:26 am »

I killed a boss in LDoN6, just as a guild ran up.....one that's been known for being vultures and ninja looting. I wanted to put them to the test.  So I kill the boss, loot, and I just stand there, mind you I'm taking screen shots the whole time, waiting to see if this guy is gonna check corpse without asking.

So the timer hits 27:30, and finally after staring at each other for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, he says and I quote "You here for pages?" I reply "Nope" and with that he loots mob.

Is that asking permission? No, not in my opinion, but I was pleasantly surprised they said anything to me at all before checking the corpse.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 01:46:10 am »

Ive had my own experiences with this crap and its getting out of hand.
I ALWAYS ask before looting and wait for a response.
Doesnt matter the time on the corpse.
I was in Qvic tonight and there was a corpse with 10 mins left with plate bracer, I asked if it was available because my war was near. Sure enough, they had someone coming for it.
Had i not followed the server RULES, I would have pissed someone off.

Loot is like water here and is easily come across, just get permission before looting, its a simple rule.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 02:01:21 am »

Do I have to have fraps running at all times now?

Yes

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:18:28 pm »

I think the rules should change,

If there is a body on the ground, any body inc trash only one of two things can happen.

1) A member of the party says /say you may loot now, until that point nobody goes near to even look whats there.

2) You send a direct tell to the member of the party killing, the one moving normally if a box team, and ask "may I look" if you get no respone dont assume you can. Just take it for granted that either they are afk and wait or dont want you to loot and dont want to repsond.

As far as I can see why would anything but these two options work. I know and have suffered this, you feel like you have to guard corpses (especially qvic) this puts people on edge and makes them short with passers by. This is camped, dont go near the corpse, what do you want, all these response I have had just when passing through places minding my own business but understandably if its somebody who doesnt know me. The first thing I say to anyone with corpses on the ground is, dont worry I wont go near them.. This sort of respect should be expected, how would you feel if it was your kill?

I used to think it was ok to look, corpse on ground, you look, something you want, you ask is it free before taking, no response you leave it.. now I dont believe that anymore cause not everyone has the same morals and you cant put a wide presidence on it, really cause there as those that look and take and skip the ask. I am sure people wouldnt mind people looking if they KNEW 100% nobody would take.

I  am also now becoming more akin with those that destroy loot, I hate and I mean really hate doing it. But when you got people swarming all over kills and tagging nearby mobs accidentally and killing grp members and shit it gets very frustrating also.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 12:20:43 pm by PORTIS » Logged
sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 02:19:25 pm »

In the past I have shouted out my rots to people in qvic/tacvi/pod... But it has gotten so ridiculous that now i just delete everything.  coins/armor doesn't matter.  People get pissed and I really dont care.  I am sick of people expecting to get rots to move up in content...  I worked for my stuff boxing and grouping.

EZ is meant to be ez but I am not about to crowd tacvi/pod because people want a free ride.
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 03:19:19 pm »

There doesnt need to be a new rule its clearly fucking stated already.
What needs to happen is all you faggot vultures out there need to get the fuck outa zones you cant kill shit in. IF someone has rots they announce that shit in global chats. Come get it then. Otherwise just fuck off.

Also all you fuckers assisting these vultures to flag up and shit should really just stop. You are making the problems worse.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 03:55:25 pm »

There doesnt need to be a new rule its clearly fucking stated already.
What needs to happen is all you faggot vultures out there need to get the fuck outa zones you cant kill shit in. IF someone has rots they announce that shit in global chats. Come get it then. Otherwise just fuck off.

Also all you fuckers assisting these vultures to flag up and shit should really just stop. You are making the problems worse.

I agree that people need to wake up and go by the rules.
Buddy last night in OOC was defending himself saying the corpse was xx minutes old etc.
Although he clearly didnt have permission to loot.

I disagree with the help part though, Sebekl and plenty others helped me get t3 flagged and im now helping others.
I think we are just seeing a bunch of newbs being assholes lately.
sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 07:58:56 pm »

I'm not saying i'm not helping anyone anymore.  All i said is that im done flooding tacvi/pod by giving away rots when im lvling up an alt.  I've been helped a lot and have given tons back flaggin people and giving away rots.  With all the new people wanting handouts and just expecting to get far for nothing on ez is just pissing me off so im done with helping in qvic/pod/tacvi.  You want rots get ur own imo.

Perfect example right here...  Was at water tiki couple weeks ago gearing up another warrior and a zerker just for the hell of it.  I was there for about 16 hours over two days and saw 5 plate legs drop.  after my warrior got them i proceeded to ask guild who needed em.  3 got stolen by ninjalooters instead of my guildies because they are god damn vultures and think they own the damn server.

/soapbox off
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 08:00:48 pm »

I'm looking for help in Tacvi! WTB Help!
Lzert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 08:18:49 pm »

I'm all for earning my way or whatever, but when no one wants to group, it makes it hard.  I've sat in Qvic a few nights watching overgeared 3boxers walk around killing everything and then complaining because people want to "vulture their loot" but none ever offer me an opportunity to join them or in some other way "earn" the right to get gear out of the zone.

I'm trying, but I'm also hoping to get my 3.0 one day, so I take what I can get.

That said, I try and ask.  If I don't see anyone around a corpse, I assume it's been abandoned and loot.  I've checked a corpse without asking before, and recognize I shouldn't do that as it makes people nervous, so I've stopped doing that and try and ask first if I see anyone around.

I don't like being a "f'n vulture".  But jumping from LDON to Qvic is a pretty massive jump.  While I can pretty much get anything I want out of LDON, trash in Qvic owns me, and I can't find groups most nights.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 08:20:06 pm »

I was there for about 16 hours over two days and saw 5 plate legs drop. 

Wow dude, thats impressive!

Sucks that 60% of it was stolen though. That's the BS we all know and hate =/

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »

Ok my new motto is LOOT AND DESTROY...take your time to destroy and leave nothing behind.

Poop
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 10:48:35 pm »

I may not have fraps running full time.
Does Fapping full time count?
Teikashi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 01:09:03 am »

I haven't had time to log on in the past few weeks, but I always check the forums almost every day to keep up to date. And it seems like ninja looting and vultures have really become a huge issue in the past month. Very disappointing.

Isn't there a way to hide a corpse from view? Maybe setting up a hot key for that could help with random vultures. Also, would it be possible for Hunter to increase the loot time from 2.5 minutes to 5 minutes? That way, you'll have some more time to finish off trash mobs/adds before random people ninja your kill.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)