Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:39:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Ninjalooting  (Read 47768 times)
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 11:10:40 pm »

Xiggie: We should give credit to Zolton for providing extensive insight and offering solutions to problems he sees on the server.

Although given that the solutions are often poorly thought out and typically geared to temporarily solve his personal problems with total disregard to how it effects the other 100s of players that log in and have came before and will come after is a whole other basket of crap.
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15:52 pm »

Actually more to proving mine. How can you kill a boss already dead? I have in the past sat and tried to get a group going for qvic. I sat there for 3+ hours looking for others to group with. Then a group came in i sent a tell asking if they were after tokens and gear? or just tokens. When they said gear i asked to tag along to loot tokens for my epic. They said sure no problem so i tagged along watched and learned and chatted with them. After i got the tokens they offered to do the last 5 i needed to help me out.

It is good that you got help but to suggest the mobs are perma camped is incorrect. I was in there recently and though there were times I had to wait, the wait was actually less than when I started over a year ago because the respawn was reduced from 2 hours. If anything it has gotten easier.

I don't think its so much the new players as the old ones thinking they are to leet to help a new guy out. How are the new players to learn if others are not there to help them out and teach them? Not every player who starts out on ez server are ex raiders or people who have played eq for years. Some need help learning the controls and commands and what is considered taboo. So rather then helping these new players people would much rather gripe and complain about some one trying to get ahead the only way they can?

If you have not figured out the controls by the time you've reached qvic then you should consider finding something else to do with your time than playing games on a computer. As for server etiquette, again you should have learned this already, the rest you can learn from the forums. However to suggest that people don't know that it is impolite to steal loot is incredibly naive. As for learning the content, others before you have learned it just fine. Remember, this server was not born with people having 3.0's.

On some games and servers it is considered taboo to camp quest mobs for gear without a player in the group that needs the quest item. Maybe thats what is needed here. You want to camp qvic mobs to get that last armor piece? Well be forced to take some one along needing the tokens. Which i do not understand why some people that are only there for gear do not invite others needing tokens. But i am guessing they are afraid of them looting gear. If they do that kick them simple enough right?

I've played a lot if different games, I have played most of the green servers on eqemu, I played eqlive, I played wow live and wow emu, and I could go on and on. I have never heard of a game that it was taboo to camp something you need, even if it is a quest item that drops with other items you need. This is a naive one sided ideology.

i have to say you are the quote master /rolleyes You really do not need to quote so much.

I never said they were permacamped. you like to misquote people alot >_<

After the next quote again you misquote me >_<

I never said that people got to qvic without knowing the controls. Please point to where you get these misquotes. You keep pointing your finger and misquotes at me as if i do not read the forums or know the game controls/mechanics. You do so many misquotes you make a persons head hurt to think where to start to reply >_<

Obviously you have not played very many mmorpgs if you have never came across that before. And in other games it is considered griefing to kill a quest mob just for loot. And it is bannable. I have played far to many mmorpgs everything from runescape to free to play mmorpgs such as shaiya to wow to everquest 1 and 2 on live. Each have their own taboos and not all are exactly the same. And each server is diferent.

And i challenge you to show me how a new player totally new to eq let alone ez server is to know everything if they do not even know the website. Then they find most of their loot on corpses left from some one doing roa who has a pile of mobs there left to rott only killed for exp not drops. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story and you should think of the other player/players as well. I think alot of the drama that comes are mainly from people who are inconsiderate of others.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 11:16:31 pm »

That made me literally laugh out loud. Still getting a chuckle out of it. I wish we could see how many copy and paste that text to enlarge it.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:04 pm »

Xiggie: We should give credit to Zolton for providing extensive insight and offering solutions to problems he sees on the server.

Although given that the solutions are often poorly thought out and typically geared to temporarily solve his personal problems with total disregard to how it effects the other 100s of players that log in and have came before and will come after is a whole other basket of crap.

And we all know that coming on the forums to complain with no insight or offering of suggestions but to instead complain how so and so looted such and such from a mob that had 2 minutes and 30 seconds to loot with no thought as to why they did it is better? I was pointing out why many do it and offering a way to fix the problem. And i was just pointing out why the problem has started and why it may continue to be a problem.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 11:30:41 pm »

And i was just pointing out why the problem has started and why it may continue to be a problem.

Please excuse me if i'm off base here.

If it was set up that to farm for the qvic armor you need at least 1 person with you who needs tokens would be beneficial. Corpses all over lag the zone alot add to that the warrior augs and such that crash the zone make it a real pita to farm qvic any way. This way they can get their gear and others can get tokens. Not sure why you would think this would not work.

What is your plan in how to implement that?  Will it be a requirement to get into qvic?  Will there be a "holding pen" of sorts for folks that both need armor and their tokens but don't want to do anything but sit back and throw turmoil warts at the bosses?  What about if nobody is available?  Will you be there with fraps to show hunter that somebody is farming gear but not giving you your fair share of tokens?  Making something taboo because you say it is works more against your objective than it does for it.

I'd say this is right up there with your "idea" to have folks camping multiple items at a single spawn to have to leave after they got one and then come back later for their 2nd and 3rd one.
zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 11:46:05 pm »

And i was just pointing out why the problem has started and why it may continue to be a problem.

Please excuse me if i'm off base here.

If it was set up that to farm for the qvic armor you need at least 1 person with you who needs tokens would be beneficial. Corpses all over lag the zone alot add to that the warrior augs and such that crash the zone make it a real pita to farm qvic any way. This way they can get their gear and others can get tokens. Not sure why you would think this would not work.

What is your plan in how to implement that?  Will it be a requirement to get into qvic?  Will there be a "holding pen" of sorts for folks that both need armor and their tokens but don't want to do anything but sit back and throw turmoil warts at the bosses?  What about if nobody is available?  Will you be there with fraps to show hunter that somebody is farming gear but not giving you your fair share of tokens?  Making something taboo because you say it is works more against your objective than it does for it.

I'd say this is right up there with your "idea" to have folks camping multiple items at a single spawn to have to leave after they got one and then come back later for their 2nd and 3rd one.

There are rules on other games that deal with that. First rule of it was that you could not camp quest bosses unless you or some one in your party needed the quest. If the mob is up and no one in the zone needs it it is open game. And like the other rules on here its policed by the players. Is there a "holding pen" for kill stealers or those who ninjaloot (like the name of this topic) ? No it is policed by players via fraps/ss's correct?

I never claimed to "need" or "want" "my" share of "tokens" have i? I was just saying and pointing out that this had been done in other games and works well both ways.

As for me putting forth my idea via the people who constantly farm a mob bottle knecking every one else? So in your opinion it is best and alright for some one to set up a permanant camp at a boss others need farming the same item for hours/days keeping every one else from being able to procede? So in your opinion it be ok since i play 14 hours or so a day every day that i could then camp a mob lets say knuckle dusters since they are not lore for my entire time i play getting as many as i can preventing others from getting any?

So you want to do fg quest for an alt or get items for a guildie? well to bad its camped. I got the item i needed but just farming more because i can. So you are now unable to do the quest at all right? In most games its called griefing to do something such as this preventing others from proceding.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 11:51:40 pm »

I quoted you because I wanted to address specific points you made, not to show off my quote skills. But if you wish to resort to name calling and insults, that will only go to show your credibility and maturity.

I never said they were permacamped
Yes you did:
How can you kill a boss already dead

I never said that people got to qvic without knowing the controls.
Yes you did:
Some need help learning the controls and commands and what is considered taboo.
Minor note on this one. Since much more than the majority of your replies in this thread have been about qvic, I made the logical assumption that you were continuing to talk about qvic.

Obviously you have not played very many mmorpgs if you have never came across that before. And in other games it is considered griefing to kill a quest mob just for loot. And it is bannable. I have played far to many mmorpgs everything from runescape to free to play mmorpgs such as shaiya to wow to everquest 1 and 2 on live. Each have their own taboos and not all are exactly the same. And each server is diferent.

This is a lie. I have played most of the games your talking about (except runescape which is a poor example anyway) and it is not considered griefing to kill a mob just for loot, nor is a bannable. Loot being on mobs is a major incentive to kill mobs.

And i challenge you to show me how a new player totally new to eq let alone ez server is to know everything if they do not even know the website.

For one thing this a nearly invisible scenario. Most people who come to eqemu come from eqlive at some point. But lets just go with it. By the time someone reaches qvic, (the zone you have been referring to in most of your replies) they should know the game controls by then. In addition they should have also noticed by then the little /motd that comes up every time they log in. As for people doing roa in custom zones, if they are training mobs fraps it and get them banned. It is against the rules. If they are not training the mobs then the mobs are laying there with no apparent owner. Ninja looting rules do not apply on abandoned loot.

I'm just saying there are two sides to every story and you should think of the other player/players as well.

I've been on both sides of this. I was the noob saying omgz everytime someone linked tacvi gear in ooc. In no way shape or form did I ever think, even as a noob that I had the right to loot someones rots or that I was being griefed because someone more capable was killing a mob we both needed loot from.

I think alot of the drama that comes are mainly from people who are inconsiderate of others.

I agree with you on this one. I think it is incredibly inconsiderate of others to ninja loot. Obviously people have not had a problem with sharing loot, we are here because people shared loot and it was taken advantage of.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2010, 12:11:04 am »

Where did i resort to name calling?

I never said they were permacamped
Yes you did:
How can you kill a boss already dead
How is me saying you can't kill a boss already dead saying its permacamped?

I never said that people got to qvic without knowing the controls.
Yes you did:
Some need help learning the controls and commands and what is considered taboo.

i did not say that and again you are misquoting by taking things out of context.

This is a lie. I have played most of the games your talking about (except runescape which is a poor example anyway) and it is not considered griefing to kill a mob just for loot, nor is a bannable. Loot being on mobs is a major incentive to kill mobs. [quote/]

Really so you are saying shaiya has no such rules?

http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=792275

For one thing this a nearly invisible scenario. Most people who come to eqemu come from eqlive at some point. But lets just go with it. By the time someone reaches qvic, (the zone you have been referring to in most of your replies) they should know the game controls by then. In addition they should have also noticed by then the little /motd that comes up every time they log in. As for people doing roa in custom zones, if they are training mobs fraps it and get them banned. It is against the rules. If they are not training the mobs then the mobs are laying there with no apparent owner. Ninja looting rules do not apply on abandoned loot.[quote/]

My point is that new players new to the server do not see a diference between the 2 they think if they wanted something on it they should have looted it. I know many players that play games that do not come to the games forums for several reasons. One being the bashing that happens.

I've been on both sides of this. I was the noob saying omgz everytime someone linked tacvi gear in ooc. In no way shape or form did I ever think, even as a noob that I had the right to loot someones rots or that I was being griefed because someone more capable was killing a mob we both needed loot from. [quote/]

How about when they were killing the mob then not needing the token and was destroying it although you could use it? I understand gear but tokens are nothing more then a quest item.

I agree with you on this one. I think it is incredibly inconsiderate of others to ninja loot. Obviously people have not had a problem with sharing loot, we are here because people shared loot and it was taken advantage of.

And i agree that you should ask if it is ok to loot. to that i am in 100% agreement on. I have also asked before and met some people that say no i destroy it to prevent scavengers. So they delete it even on people who do ask and try to follow the rules.

Gencat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:19 am »

Ninjalooting has and always will be an issue on any game where you have more than 1 person there to interact with eachother. You're bound to find a bad apple amongst a group of people, and there is really nothing you can do about it other than report it and hope someone in a position of power handles it.

Griefing which has been brought up so much in this topic would apply if the person camping the mob gets ks'd and the person remains there to ks the mob over and over thus preventing them from progressing. Griefing would not apply to someone who is camping a mob for their loot and not the quest item. Just because someone doesnt need everything from a camp you say they cannot have it is completely asinine. Griefing would also apply if the server was pvp and they were killing you over and over some have rules agaisnt it some dont.

Point being we will never be able to fully get rid of the ninjalooters the best you can do is lock the corpse if your bringing an alt bring the ninjalooter's name to the attention of the community. If it seems the person is fairly new maybe send a tell to the vulture hovering over your corpse. 30% of the time they will take the hint and back off, notice i said 30% because most vultures generally pretend not to speak your language or deliberatly ignore you because they have no regard for other people and the rules.

No picture, no catchy sig line ... sux being me Sad
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 01:10:17 am »

Your example in shaiya is quest only bosses. The bosses in qvic are not epic quest only. As a matter of fact, since the bosses in qvic drop quest items for armor so your point is moot regardless. You can twist anything around to fit your convoluted ideas all you want. In the end, common sense wins over idiocy. Now go argue with a brick wall.

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 01:23:49 am »

Your example in shaiya is quest only bosses. The bosses in qvic are not epic quest only. As a matter of fact, since the bosses in qvic drop quest items for armor so your point is moot regardless. You can twist anything around to fit your convoluted ideas all you want. In the end, common sense wins over idiocy. Now go argue with a brick wall.

So the bosses in qvic are not quest bosses? They do not drop quest items needed to complete the 3.0 epic flag quest? Yes they also drop gear that need combined with a gem to acquire a piece of gear but is that a quest? I love how you go from "i've played those games and you lie" to this response.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:49:14 am by zolton32 » Logged

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 04:27:00 am »

Umm, look at the gems, (I believe the pasterns too) that you get from qvic. It does have (Quest Item) beside it. It is a quest, that you get from the Erudite in nexus/FGCG. Your reference to the shaiya rule is a mob spawned to complete a quest and has no other purpose in the game. Someone else killing the boss referred to in that rule accomplishes nothing but completing a quest (and maybe a fraction of exp). It does not apply here and is a poor example because the bosses have purpose other than just the epic coins.

I changed my tact in posting because unless I bow down to your ignorant views you are going to argue it into the ground. I have seen your type on this server before. You come in and complain about everything get a reputation as a complainer. You burn yourself out and then move on to another server to complain there.

Picture pretty damn related: Idea of phrase attributed to zomgDanyelle, font resize attributed to Bikaf

zolton32

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:39 am »

I can easilly see why so few post here. when you are met with this much hostillity for any thing. In those exampiles of the rules for shaiya it mentions killing the boss as that is what is needed to finish it. The kill and not an item is needed from the mob to procede. But in the case of the bosses in qvic the tokens are the boss (the thing needed to procede) the same as the gear drops and the gems.

I find it funny you tell me to talk to a brick wall (implying you are done trying to talk to me) only to make another post implying i am the brick wall. a lot of mixed signals there. i love how when some one can not discuss some thing with logic they result to name calling. you tried to imply alot of things using quotes and making wild assumptions and taking things out of context. When that failed now you result to name calling? Please tell me you are more mature then this? or have i caught you at a bad time?

It is weird how in this poll http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=213.0

It shows that the majority of thse who voted who many frequent the forums are over the age of 21. So why then when people on these forums are confronted with some thing conflicting with their views. Or that is new or diferent. Why is it met with such hostility and name calling? Are we children on a playground and i wasn't informed?

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 05:34:00 am »

I can easilly see why so few post here. when you are met with this much hostillity for any thing.

Anyone can look at your post history and see why you are met with hostility.

It's always the same thing:

Zolton: Whaaaa
1st Reply: Stop crying
Zolton: I'm not crying, you didn't read my post - here let me restate everything
2nd - 10th Reply: Dude stop crying.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 05:59:50 am »

I can easilly see why so few post here. when you are met with this much hostillity for any thing.

Anyone can look at your post history and see why you are met with hostility.

It's always the same thing:

Zolton: Whaaaa
1st Reply: Stop crying
Zolton: I'm not crying, you didn't read my post - here let me restate everything
2nd - 10th Reply: Dude stop crying.

Very well said.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108