Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Macroquest2 Lines (without the need of bccmd channels, mq2 ini change, etc)  (Read 10781 times)
Tankdan

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:09:52 am »

Here are some Macroquest2/EQBC  commands in the form of a screenshot that do not require any MQ2 editting, any automatic weapon twisting, nor any bccmd channels whatsoever.  I use a Razer Naga so this is simple, but itd work for keyboard users, however you manage your keybinds to play this game.   If you're new to MQ2, don't forget you need to run both MQ2 and EQBC (its inside MQ2 file) applications to properly run MQ2.

Attack, Follow, Stay, Buff, and AOE are the main macros I use almost every single minute I am playing on EZ with my group.  

---The Attack command will:   Send your alts on your target behind it, turn attack on, pet attack, and keypress 8, which can do whatever you want the keypress to do. For me, keypress 8 starts my cleric+shamans group heal twist, it casts my monk+zerkers group buff disc, it makes my caster dps start twisting their direct damage spells, it starts my bard song twist, AND it makes my warrior click Instant Cure Group clicky.

---The Follow command will: have your group follow you after a mob is dead, have your clericname turn off twist so it doesn't heal agro the next pull, and it keypresses 8 on only  my warrior to reup my stonewall buff. (should say /bca //attack off)

--The Stay command will: tell the group to stay, put pets on hold, stops clericname from twisting heal, turns attack off, and reups stonewall via keypress again.

---The Buff command will: Make all your characters keypress 3 (or whatever keypress you want to use), which on each character hits a macro that casts their buff(s).  For example, on my cleric it'd /cast 1, pause 30, cast 2, pause 20, cast 3, or something like that. On my pally it'd cast his Amplify healing and 2 self buffs, on my warrior it can reup stonewall or Shield of Ages, on my zerker/monk it can reup their PoAir clickies, Mages it can recast Burnout, etc etc all with 1 click of the mouse.

---The AOE command will: tell my zerkers to click their Epic AOEs, have my warrior click his UW AOE, have my bard click a macro that starts his Epic song (itemnotify mainhand rightmouseup),  has my pally click his 40 second cooldown heal, etc.  I click this every few seconds that I feel my zerkers AOE is off cooldown.

---If your entire group has UC, you can "/bcaa //itemnotify charm rightmouseup" to get them to click charm rune. If only some have UC, you can do it specifically by name like seen below or else non-UCharmed characters will port away if they click charm.

---To port your entire group to Nexus, make a macro for GATE (below) to get all chars to click boots.  But keep this macro hidden because you won't want to accidentally click it.

Substitute "Flipy" for your own clericname.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:51:59 am by Tankdan » Logged
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:21:03 am »

Brilliant post, thanks Dan
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 01:20:50 pm »

I thought it was illegal to use commands like /pause or use twist for anything other than songs. Is this not true?

I thought for every buff you cast, the user must issue a separate command.
bozac

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

i heard someone talking in /ooc about how ranger autofire sucked,, they did something else,, anyone know what the coulda been talking about

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK
Myleene, Pal
Bozpal, Bozrog, Boznec, Bozmnk
Eruditeone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:28 pm »

I thought it was illegal to use commands like /pause or use twist for anything other than songs. Is this not true?

I was under the impression that it had to be initiated, not automatic. Hunter has recommended the use of /twist for songs, I use /twist for epics, range, charm, etc
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »

Twist is being overused a bit based on what hunter has said previously, nothing has been said about pause that i'm aware of.  The general idea seems to be that he wants you to have to use a key to do something, rather than just use a key and never worry about using an ability again (ie /twist heal).  I would interpret having a buff button that will cast 2-3 diff spells on 1 toon while buffing your groups would be ok, but that is only an assumption on my end. Clarification would be appreciated when you get some time Hunter.

Thanks
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:25:01 pm »

ummm.. /pause is an Everquest command lol has nothing to do with MQ2

Pretty sure Hunter said twist is all good

Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 02:06:07 am »

I would interpret having a buff button that will cast 2-3 diff spells on 1 toon while buffing your groups would be ok, but that is only an assumption on my end. Clarification would be appreciated when you get some time Hunter.

/cast and /pause are regular lines of Everquest macros, it is allowed everywhere.  Mine uses all 5 macro lines to get 3 spells off. You can use MQ2 to use more than 5 lines but I don't bother.

Twist is being overused a bit based on what hunter has said previously

Then I can just macro a heal keypress to my e.g. AOE buttons, it doesnt really matter if you twist the heal or not when you can just keypress it to all abilities.    Twist just makes it less cluttered.  From what I read in /ooc, not many people like to twist their heal because they want to use their 4 second recast heal when needed (lol). Basically most ppl like to twist their epics via changing their MQ2 ini file or whatever, I instead twist the heal.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:22:44 am by Tankdan » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:43:13 pm »

Just rehashing what hunter has commented on previously. Personally don't care. If you are twisting a heal I would think you need to make sure to edit the delays in macroquest so you aren't spamming the heal (for lag reasons). That is assuming hunter is ok with using it in this way.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 68