Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:18:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Caster love  (Read 11139 times)
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:37 pm »

Also it's not technically free. If it is the case that mana isn't working properly currently, then when it does work, you shouldn't  be able to just spam cast the same spell without going OOM quickly.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:13:37 pm by arya1 » Logged
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:17 pm »

I find zerker dps in non AE situations(for me, on level content) to be lacking

I had 2 as my primary dps when i broke into t5 and they were auged with FSV's and 41 charms and I couldn't kill with any speed.

I added a 2nd group with ST dps. 

Sure you could run 5-10 zerkers and make up for it, but it might still be lacking for single targets.

Anecdotal  and just my experience that zerkers are not the end all for DPS.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »

I have two t8 enchanters. Also i never said they needed to be good dps as you mention it brings a lot of utility to the table. They should be in line with bards as I stated above in terms of the melee hierarchy.

Again, unless you can invest in them, the "free" dps argument is null. Berserkers have "free" dps but you can also get FS augs.

Bards are good DPS due to ninjastrikes, the augs that are stupid expensive.

Berserkers have free aoe dps but it's like pets...strong at start, low at end. They can also never be amazing/best ST dps either. That is their sacrifice. Highest AOE dps at cost of never being able to compete with true single target DPS.

Also it's not technically free. If it is the case that mana isn't working properly currently, then when it does work, you shouldn't  be able to just spam cast the same spell without going OOM quickly.

Mana is a resource. It regenerates or can be healed. It's not truly a limiter. If I were to implement these changes and fix the mana, then you would get ~4-16 spells off before being totally OOM. If you had mana necklace, 2 clicks later, another 4-16 spells. Repeat ad nauseum...

That's not really a limit and would make the INT casters too powerful.

I'm not shooting it down to troll, be a dick, or simply to be argumentative. I'm shooting it down because it has serious logic holes. This is coming from the person that has written damn near all of the spells used past 70 for every class. This is coming from the same person that fought for months before I finally started submitted code and writing spells. I want wizards to be viable options, but I want get there on their own...not just because of a handout.

There is a quote from a person that I cannot remember (and can vaguely remember the quote), but it is something to the extent of "if you want fairness, you compete on the same terms. Fairness isn't giving a leg up to some one because they are disadvantaged.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:40:38 pm »

The only argument put forward is that it takes money invested into melee.

If we are talking about fairness, I WANT TO INVEST MONEY in my casters, but can't.  To tell me that I need UW to be comparable is not fair.  The fair terms would be that there would be a way by investing time and money into casters to get comparable DPS. Until then it isn't fair. Also, melee and casters are not on the same terms, one does not require spells or mana. If they were exactly the same there would no point in differentiating them. So, yes, it does appear like a troll.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:52:56 pm by arya1 » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 01:10:08 pm »

The only argument put forward is that it takes money invested into melee.

If we are talking about fairness, I WANT TO INVEST MONEY in my casters, but can't.  To tell me that I need UW to be comparable is not fair.  The fair terms would be that there would be a way by investing time and money into casters to get comparable DPS. Until then it isn't fair. Also, melee and casters are not on the same terms, one does not require spells or mana. If they were exactly the same there would no point in differentiating them. So, yes, it does appear like a troll.

As you wish. Since you won't listen to the one balancing and building the casters out of the shithole they were in, good luck getting anything pushed through Hunter. He'll just direct you to me. So far, I'm not seeing anything logical.

Melee have a significant time investment. Caster don't have as a steep of an investment. Until they are nearly close, there will be a gap in dps.

With that, I'm abandoning this thread as it's clear you are upset that we aren't agreeing and grasping for straws to hold it together.

/cast Gate

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
arya1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 01:25:43 pm »

Hate,

You haven't provided a solution to make casters comparable to melee, just keep telling me that melees spend more money into them. Yeah, ok. I think we have established that.

Lets take away casters mana and spells, give them dual wield and strike augs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:32:16 pm by arya1 » Logged
Peign
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 01:59:29 pm »

Hunter has stated numerous times that he values input  from all of the community.     I would suggest keep providing input to make the server better for everyone.    You could take the time to create the caster augs on a test server and provide them to Hunter.    Update statements are pretty basic.

Community > Individual
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 02:03:06 pm »

it isn't a handout. As it stands there is no reason to box casters. It's not about effort. It's about what makes sense. Do you want to use one button or five? People will say that you can /twist spells but that sort of defeats the purpose and it's not that great for casters.

You admit that you aren't even willing to use a caster to it's full potential, and I don't mean by using /twist I mean by casting multiple spells because it doesn't make sense to you to use more than one button...
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 07:55:12 am »

Last I looked mages only had that 50k x2 spell for their best direct damage spell.  Would be nice to get a better one. 
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)