Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:30:29 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Augment Discussion  (Read 15878 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2013, 05:36:58 am »

I've updated the Aug Slot Types on the Ultimate Weapons to have:

Slot 27
Slot 28
Slot 29
Slot 30

Don't get too excited yet, there no Ultimate Augments yet to put in there. No promise if it will happen either, depends on feed back, and how I feel about it.

Heroic Resist Stones are obviously ANY slot id so you are welcome to use those for that. The slots might be removed later if I decide to not do this plan, and therefore you could lose the Heroic Resist Stones if I remove those 4 slots. I might give advance notice, but I'm sure there would be someone on a week or month long vacation that wasn't able to remove in time, so only use those right now at your own risk.

If I follow through with these possible updates, then most likely I'll be removing the Ultimate Strike Proc that is already on it. Then players can choose what proc they want to use instead via Ultimate Augments. I realize this would seem like a nerf at first, but would be required if I use Ultimate Augments. My plan for end game is only 1 proc per weapon (not including buff from certain classes that add procs) in order to reduce combat lag like we been already doing with NS, IS, and FS in T7 and up. In the long run, with 4 types of Ultimate Augments to insert at one time, these UW's could become better than ever before.

Here is screenshot of what I have so far. I haven't added the 4 slot types into the color coded descriptions yet from spell file download, but it'll be in the next spell update for download..

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:01:16 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:12 am »

As a stop gap, can Nerds VI be allowed to fit in the proc slot until something is fully implemented.
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:22:23 am »

^  that would be a nice crutch to help with AoE aggro on your war currently
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 08:41:07 am »

+1

and easy enuff to replace if they poof  Wink

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:07:12 am »

This doesn't solve anything addressed in the previous thread.

Keeze
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »

maybe add the aug slot for epic augments ?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:12 am »

So now we have those 4 Aug Slot Types in the Ultimate Weapon, and I been thinking how to continue to course, and develop more.

Was thinking about making AA Tokens:

Token of 10,000 AA
Token of 50,000 AA

etc.

Might make them combine too, such as 10k + 10k = 20k token.

Then combine AA Tokens with EoP, EoN, EoFS, and some template or mold, to create ranked Ultimate Augments.

Almost the same as making UW, except UA would would require AA instead of Tier Boss Essence.

Would probably put a level requirement on each rank, being 70, 71, ... 77 etc so we don't get a Qvic noob with UW1 procing UA9.

So what type of UA are we going to make? I'd like to have a variety so players could really customize it to their style game play.

Type 27 - Worn Effect
Increase chance to crital
Increase all skills damage modifier

Type 28 - Focus Effect
Increase Healing Spells
Increase Damage Spells
Reduce Aggro
Reduce casting time
Reduce mana cost

Type 29 - Proc
PB AoE Dmg
Single Target DD for higher than AoE value
Life Tap
Group Heal
Fading Memories
Debuff beneficial buffs from mob
Snare, Root
HP Rune to self/group
Lower Enemy Resist Debuff
Swarm Pets onto Target

Type 30 - Click
AoE Aggro
Fading Memories
Root, Snare, Mez
HP Rune
Divine Aura, ranks with increased durations
Stonewall 1% per rank up to 10% max
Swarm Pets onto Target
Shout kill (Rank x 250,000 dmg before focus effect) with long (1 hour) recast timer
Exp Bonus Buff 10% per rank up to max rank 10 (100% bonus).

I don't want to go too crazy and give away every classes exclusive abilities like mez or FD, but would still consider it if it doesn't make those classes obsolete.

The list of items in each of the 4 categories are not set in stone yet, just throwing out some quick ideas for feed back as to what we want to make. I'd like to plan it out, and set aside a range of (100-300) item/spell IDs to make it easier to do recipe/ranks of the items

After we have a semi final list of what we want to make to customize the UW's then would need to start making the spells that go into each of the 4 categories. If anyone wants to make those to save me time, then we'd have this quest available sooner, otherwise no promises when we'd start to see them. Could be a week for first ranks to appear, or 1-2 months until anything is available since IRL will start getting busy for me next month (Jan), then more free time again in Feb.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 03:50:42 am »

To me this doesn't seem like you've addressed any of the concerns of the UW made in the thread

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4069.msg52135;topicseen#new

Instead of trying to balance what you've got you're making it stronger.

Keeze
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 04:31:27 am »

As someone who doesn't have a UW I just want to go over a few things about some of this from my point of view really quickly.

Type 30 - Click
AoE Aggro
Fading Memories
Root, Snare, Mez
HP Rune
Divine Aura, ranks with increased durations
Stonewall 1% per rank up to 10% max
Swarm Pets onto Target
Shout kill (Rank x 250,000 dmg before focus effect) with long (1 hour) recast timer
Exp Bonus Buff 10% per rank up to max rank 10 (100% bonus).

I don't think there should be any form of stonewall option as that furthers the bridge from UW users and players without it. You will run into the same problems we currently have.

Divine Aura assuming you are meaning the heal if you were going to die should also probably stay off it. You already have earring for this and it will push people away from ever wanting to do that if they can just choose this instead. If you are referring to the invulnerable spells that would be fine because a tank can never use it.

Lower enemy resistance is an interesting one, but if players aren't seeing resists to begin with could it be pushed over to something like increased spell damage on the target. Not some large percentage, but something meaningful.

The rest of the clicks are just gravy and very pick what you like as long as they are all close to each other for usefulness.

Type 29 - Proc
PB AoE Dmg
Single Target DD for higher than AoE value
Life Tap
Group Heal
Fading Memories
Debuff beneficial buffs from mob
Snare, Root
HP Rune to self/group
Swarm Pets onto Target

This again all seems perfectly fine. Nothing that pushes the bridge further apart because runes, lifetaps and heals can all be replaced by just using your heals and such correctly.

Type 28 - Focus Effect
Increase Healing Spells
Increase Damage Spells
Reduce Aggro
Reduce casting time
Reduce mana cost

Focus effects in general are tricky. All of these become useless if they don't surpass what you have equipped already. Focus effects don't stack with focus effects that do the same thing and most these things exist on armor, augs and/or the UC.

Type 27 - Worn Effect
Increase chance to critical
Increase all skills damage modifier

Here there are a few options, but they are honestly also kind of in the same spot as focus effects. A lot of worn effects have running caps so it limits what you can put here and overall will end up just probably being more skill damage. That is assuming it even will stack with the one sitting on UC. Since most UWs sit on tanks the critical chance will never be as appealing because stonewall and IG both block white critical.

I do think if it's not a strain on the server having the option of adding additional chance for double, triple or quad attacks would be a decent option for worn effects that may interest people.

I'll just go ahead and ask for these people since the augs sound as if they will also be a grind. Will these augs also be able to be exchanged in a cycle like you can cycle from sword into mace and so forth?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:35:39 am by Adidis1 » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:49 am »

I've already posted there about reducing the HP and Resist on the UW, maybe you missed those post?

The UW already takes lot of time to acquire. Therefore it should be worth having. Investing more time should make it worth even more than before.

My Ultimate Augment idea so far is not adding to any HP or Heroic Resist, so you would still have to survive combat rounds in order to benefit from them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:07 am »

I do think if it's not a strain on the server having the option of adding additional chance for double, triple or quad attacks would be a decent option for worn effects that may interest people.

I'll just go ahead and ask for these people since the augs sound as if they will also be a grind. Will these augs also be able to be exchanged in a cycle like you can cycle from sword into mace and so forth?

Not sure how to add chance for double, triple, quad, maybe in spell as focus?

Yes, should be ok to cycle the augs to others of the same category and same rank, such as cycle between all the rank 1 procs to other rank 1 procs, needs to be same rank/category in the cycle, to swap out, test, and find out what you like best.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 04:45:32 am »

I realize some people are working on their UW10 and UW11.

As stated before, their HP and Heroic Resist likely to change.

Probably going to cap anything over UW9 to only add 500k hp per rank. Eventually, regular tier gear will start to surpass adding 500k total HP full suit per tier anyways and bridge the gap between UW and non-UW. I'd like to go back and reduce all UW by 15% right now but players already raged too hard about it.

So anyone with UW X that has 2 million HP might see it reduced to 1.5 Million HP, and then UX XI would have 2.0 Million HP, etc. This might affect the Top HP players, knocking down their HP by a few million. This needs to be done.

Also the UW are likely to lose 50% of their Heroic Resist soon, but I would like to do it all in the same update as adding them to all T1-T9 gear so that someone with UW wouldn't notice any change in their total resist. The benefit is their group would now have more Heroic Resist, equal to about 50% of their main tank UW's previous HR values. A very positive/good update that can't be disputed.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:48:28 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Adidis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 04:49:58 am »

Probably going to camp anything over UW9 to only add 500k hp per rank. Eventually, regular tier gear will start to surpass adding 500k total HP full suit per tier anyways and bridge the gap between UW and non-UW. I'd like to go back and reduce all UW by 15% right now but players already raged too hard about it.

They should just have to suck it up for the overall health of the server, but I understand not wanting to push too many buttons.
Not sure how to add chance for double, triple, quad, maybe in spell as focus?

The original worn effect on live for adding double attack was called Ferocity #. It was generally found on augs if this helps any on that front for how you would code such a thing.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 04:57:44 am »

I found ferocity in items and spells, and see that it increase double attack so yeah thats a starting point, thanks Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 06:00:30 am »

Renamed Topic to Ultimate Augment.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: