Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:19:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Spells 12-25-13  (Read 10174 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2013, 04:04:34 am »

Spell file 12-25-13 now available.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »

Any patch notes? Smiley
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 07:07:41 pm »

Nice idea on the Sk clicky however 18 sec buff with 6 min recast with 4 sec delay on server=no help better off with old click

Edit proc also isnt function proc says unknown spell and i have new spell files. I also see no new spam from the spell either
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:59:25 pm by ishallnotdie » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 08:51:46 am »

Knights:
  • 2h Swords see a 35% hp/regen/mana/manaregen drop, delay increased to 35.
  • 1h Swords see a 35% damage drop, delay decreased to 28.
  • Paladins are tanks with 1h + shield, healers with 2h.
  • SKs are tanks with 1h + shield, DPS with 2h.

Paladins:
  • Avenger's Touch - Heal for 5% (up to X) plus a static, scalable value. Applies to 3.5+ 2h only.
  • Zeal - Gives small stonewall increments. Click to buff self, attack to keep proc active (each buff procs itself). Ranks are 2-3% per rank, capping at 20% on 7.0 epic. Applies to 3.5+ 1h only.
  • Atonement - 100% threat wipe followed by 1.25mil threat spell. This will handle rollover flawlessly, assuming it's used on time and it's off CD.
  • Zealous Smite - High damage, high threat spammable nuke. 6sec CD, near instant cast (not instant to prevent that 10 second lockout on fizzle).
  • Holy Knight Recourse sees a fair drop in healing value (as it is used in tanking 'stance')
  • Renamed "Holy Zealotry" line to "Gift of the Avenger", changed proc as well.

Shadow Knights:
  • Strength From Pain - Procs an 18 second Stonewall theft along with 500hp lifetap (down from 1500 on 2h). The Stonewall theft is roughly 2-3% (debuffs target, recourse buffs tank) per rank, capping at 20% on 7.0 epic. Applies to 3.5+ 1h only.
  • Plague Outbreak - Reduce melee damage by 50% for 18 seconds, increase tank's melee damage by 50% for 18 seconds. 6 minute cooldown. Effect also drops threat by 25% per tick with EffectOnFade of Anger III (125k threat) to help prevent abuse. Click effect on 3.5+ 1h only.
  • Call of the Void had the healing debuff type changed from -ImprovedHeal to -HealRate (more consistent, 0 chance of procs killing player)

Other:
  • Fix Ranger spell pet to be a drake again
  • Remove NO DROP from Phantom Necklaces
  • Fix Mortal Wound to actually do damage again, no model size adjustments (lol)
  • Rename the 3.0 lifetap to "Shadowknight Lifetap Proc" to stifle complaints about the 3.0 needing to be scaled
  • Fix the max value on the Armor of the Martyr III
  • Up'ed HP on Shaman 8.0 buff
  • Removed Cyclone Blade from Fireblade v2

NOTE: SK 1h proc is still screwy. I found the issue and have written up a fix to be committed tonight.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 09:37:14 am »

Thanks for the updates Hateborne!

Is this patch, assuming full use of spells showing an increase to healing for a 2h healerdin?  I can't seem to figure it out by reading the above.  The tankadin improvements seem awesome.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:39:13 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:03 am »

Hate, I logged in Brick last night, and all I can say is "FUQ YEAH!!!". GREAT work. Pally with 2h was healing very well.....maybe too well. He solo'd T6 mobs and lost 0 hps with the 2h. Well, ok....lost 50Kish max, but immediately healed. Took a couple hours to kill....

Also....the weapon proc seems to trip with attack on, no mob hit. Intended?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 10:40:33 am »

Why was the healing proc removed off the cleric epic?  (referring to 7.0) after some discussion seems it has the same proc as the pally 1hs (since this is meant to be tankish) just wondering if this needs to be looked at...not trying to be confrontational just trying to supply feedback
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:04:12 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 11:03:11 am »

Also....the weapon proc seems to trip with attack on, no mob hit. Intended?

Could you clarify? Are you saying it's proc'ing from autoattacking the air?

Ran a test this morning in ToV with my lead Pal (1HS+Shield - near full T8 - No SOA - ROA 162) and 2nd Pal (2HS - nearly identical equips).  I can see a marked difference in tanking ability with #1.  However, #1 still cannot tank a single trash mob and #2 can't keep him healed even with cleric added.  Not because he can't take the melee damage, but because he can't resist the 850k DD.

There is an in game solution if I want to spend a couple of weeks in ToFS building up resists 5 points at a time.  I have three questions:

1.  Why should this have to be the new way of the world where you can't progress to the next tier once you defeat the current without returning to ToFS?

2.  Why should combining two 50 point Resist augs result in a 55 point Resist aug?

3.  Why should the trash in a zone insta kill a Tank toon that is nearly done with that zone?

Thankfully, I have a War with all the toys so I don't have to rely on my Pally to do the heavy lifting.  However, I do like to have a backup plan in case things go sideways because I was late mashing a button so I will do the grind work to up the resists on the Pal because I embrace the grind, but things are getting a bit wonky now. 

My suggestions to answer the 3 questions :

1.  Add Resist Augs equal to the tier to bosses in that tier.
2.  Make resist aug combines 1 + 1 = 2, 1 + 2 = 3 (like the leaf).
3.  Halve the DD from trash mobs.  850k damage on a 1.3 mil HP bar from trash is too much.

No offense intended, but this isn't the place for this. Start a thread to discuss this type of thing. This is simply a patch note post. If you have issues pertaining SPECIFICALLY to these updates, then you are in the right place.

Why was the healing proc removed off the cleric epic?  (referring to 7.0) still has the clicky heal but not the proc.....hope this is in error.

It was not touched. If the proc wasn't there before the 25th, then it wasn't ever on there. My patch notes are always thorough unless they deal with internal things (pet stats, npc stats, or rule values).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 12:34:03 pm »

Point taken... great update.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 04:11:54 pm »

Could you clarify? Are you saying it's proc'ing from autoattacking the air?

Seems it, Hate.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »

Knights:
  • 2h Swords see a 35% hp/regen/mana/manaregen drop, delay increased to 35.
  • 1h Swords see a 35% damage drop, delay decreased to 28.
  • Paladins are tanks with 1h + shield, healers with 2h.
  • SKs are tanks with 1h + shield, DPS with 2h.

Ok the healing changes are cool but the part I quoted is dumb dude.
Epics have shit for stats. The dps of any/every class is either UW or 99% their augs.
Lowering stats like hp/mana/white dmg on these epics was not needed at all.

Anyways, looks good so far. I like the 2h proc. Have yet to test the 1h version.
Dont take anything I say here the wrong way, just my honest opinion.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 05:24:43 pm »

Procs seem cool. Don't get the delay / hp change.  With the hp change, no other class has different hp on their epics, kind of arbitrary and really doesn't do anything.  With the delay, the 2h proc is what is used to heal... again why? (Odds are the delay change is pointless anyways, but these changes seem like changing something just for the sake of changing something. Not quite sure what the point is.)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 05:38:14 pm »

I tested both weapons and I love the effects on them. Sad about loss of hp on the 2h as its a great weapon to use in t8 for lower hp tanks but overall its pretty sweet.
I just need to unlazy myself and go farm more leafs for warrior so I can slap some on my paladin and then with 1h he'll be a very viable tank since I did remove all but one paladin from my setup.
/cheers

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »

Did the changes make it to the T7 epic augs? Severs linked his today and looks unchanged.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 10:18:00 pm »

the LT proc part of the 1hd isnt being effect by UC
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy