Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:51:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Winter  (Read 12667 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I'm still enjoying my weather here, around mid 80s day time and mid 70s night time.

How's the weather for you people back home?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:10:18 pm »

Negative 3, wind chill is neg 25. Walked a block to work this evening and thought my face was on fire and boogers were frozen...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:17:12 pm by Takishi » Logged
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »

Dallas is 30's during the day and 20's during the night.  For us, it cold as a mofo.  We are used to 80+'s.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:13:39 pm »

It was 54 today and a projected low over night of 8 or -8 something crazy like that.
Clegane

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »

Also in Dallas, can confirm. Where's our heat, man?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:21:31 pm »

The following are 10 of Al Gore’s stupidest global warming quotes…

• In 2008, Al Gore boldly declared to a German audience that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.” (Needless to say, that did not happen.  In fact, the ice cap in the Arctic actually got larger this year.)

• “CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally. … Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past.” (Actually, without carbon dioxide life on earth would not exist.)

• “The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say, ‘Well, I read a science fiction novel that told me it’s not a problem.’ If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action.” (It sounds like what Al Gore really needs is more cowbell.)

• During a speech at NYU Law School in 2006, Al Gore made the following statement: “Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several “tipping points” that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization.”

• “Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.”

• “The interior of the earth is extremely hot – several million degrees.” (It actually peaks out at about 11,000 degrees.)

• “There is an air of unreality in debating these arcane points when the world is changing in such dramatic ways right in front of our eyes because of global warming.”

• “It would be an enormous relief if the recent attacks on the science of global warming actually indicated that we do not face an unimaginable calamity requiring large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization as we know it.”

• “The survival of the United States of America as we know it is at risk. And even more — if more should be required — the future of human civilization is at stake.”

• “We ought to approach this challenge [of global warming] with a sense of profound joy and gratitude: that we are the generation about which, a thousand years from now, philharmonic orchestras and poets and singers will celebrate by saying, they were the ones that found it within themselves to solve this crisis and lay the basis for a bright and optimistic human future.”

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »

Stupid question, but do people in the south even have winter supplies? Hat? Gloves? Coat?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:28:47 pm »

Stupid question, but do people in the south even have winter supplies? Hat? Gloves? Coat?

If they don't, I bet they are kicking themselves in the arse right about now.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 08:30:50 pm »

I didn't say pants though, cause I've seen plenty of people in the south wear blue jeans even on 90 degree days /ponder.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lillyg

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 08:36:36 pm »

In Northwest Iowa it was -25 with wind chills of -40 to -60 here the last 24 hours, currently -7 windchill of -30....... we forgot what heat was... wish i was in Dallas!!
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »

-9 right now, with wind chill down to -37.  Shocked

Took me three and half hours to clear my driveway and 2 other neighbors with my tractor and snow thrower. Official snow fall was 17" with drifts as high as 48' (taller then my dog) and cold ass all hell in Flint Michigan.

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 08:49:57 pm »

Well my happy ass is in basically Houston, and I work outdoors (looking back maybe not such a good idea) and it was a high of 36 today... high of 27 tomorrow.

To give perspective, giant winter coats get broken out here when it gets to a balmy 55.... so 27 is basically shutting everything down. People here literally have no idea what to do in this "cold" Of course we are used to 95 with 210% humidity 8 months out of the year.

Shocked

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 09:09:54 pm »

It's 5 degrees here in Buffalo, which isn't that bad to be honest. Apparently we could get up to 3ft by tomorrow night though with lake effect snow.
Yaedien

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »

I'm from the south and basically my winter clothes consist of a fleece jacket, but have a heavier one if it gets down to around 0, normally it doesn't. Every few years it does manage to get down that cold though Tongue

But being in Vietnam right now its around 80, so i am not missing the winter in the USA right now lol
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »

But being in Vietnam right now its around 80, so i am not missing the winter in the USA right now lol

+1

I got mid 80's day time here myself, then sun goes down at 6pm and gets into mid 70s.

I hope it warms up by time I get back.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016