Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:26:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: On the Warpath #1  (Read 49651 times)
Walls

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:01 pm »

we want mo money. thx
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 07:05:45 pm »

2. UW - There's half a dozen avenues to pursue.  I guess going back to the pre-nerfs a few months back would be most desired.  We should get rid of that mindset that only X amount of people should own one, because thats not how it works in reality.  Design the game around owning a UW.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. You can't build content around the UW at the current state. I think Hunter was on to something when he was wanting to knock back the HPs from IX + , there are way tooo many HPs and DPS involved in that item. Building content around that would be absolutely ridiculous , not everyone has the hundreds of hours involved in 1 part of it just for another rank. It's better to be Ultimate and if you get it great, if not that's more resource time going into your DPS group.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 08:23:58 pm »

I hate to put it like this, but currently content is built around UW. ask anyone T8+ if they need or don't need UW10/11

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:25 pm »

Please don't do this!  lol   lots of us out there have been working way to hard to get what we have now.   For instance, since money does not drop anywhere anymore,  i finally have the essences needed for lvl 1 and 2 but don't have 20million pp!   It would really suck to lose every bit of progress made and lose 100's and 100's of essences because of the crazy requirements get changed to make it even more crazy by having to start all over.

When I first proposed this the idea I had was to allow, for a time, trading old essences for new. This way no one was out anything.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 04:15:38 am »

I don't think changing the quest for UW is the best idea, I think the problem lies with the UW itself, and probably shouldnt have been created.  Best bet imo to fix it at this point is to cap it off and not upgrade it anymore, people can still max out what exists and make a kick ass aug (can look at reducing hp or whatever if it helps with creating and balancing content).  I don't think the dps from the weapon is really game breaking, most players that I'm aware of use 2+ groups at higher stages, and with max augs or even adding another group, dps is high regardless of having or not having the uw.  This is just an idea to make it so balancing content around a UW is no longer required, and leaving it so it will still be worth having, please comment if you have any thoughts on implementation, whether you agree or disagree, alternate ideas, etc.
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 08:31:01 am »

2. UW - There's half a dozen avenues to pursue.  I guess going back to the pre-nerfs a few months back would be most desired.  We should get rid of that mindset that only X amount of people should own one, because thats not how it works in reality.  Design the game around owning a UW.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. You can't build content around the UW at the current state. I think Hunter was on to something when he was wanting to knock back the HPs from IX + , there are way tooo many HPs and DPS involved in that item. Building content around that would be absolutely ridiculous , not everyone has the hundreds of hours involved in 1 part of it just for another rank. It's better to be Ultimate and if you get it great, if not that's more resource time going into your DPS group.

UW was not hard to get before the nerfs.  If UW/SoA and whatnot is reverted, it will not be hard, trust me.  People literally knock out UW1-4 in a weekend now.. and that's post-nerf.  

You cant build content around NOT having a UW, it makes it too easy for those (those = 99% of veterans here) that have the weapon. You say there are way too many HP in the item, try tanking T8 without one when you die in 4 seconds, it is not fun.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 09:01:57 am »

simple facts of UW:

1. it is required for end content
2. anyone mention UW and people get on the edge of their seat nervous
3. if it changes people get super pissed

it is what it is, really. quest is long, quest sucks and people know they need it so that makes it suck more

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:57 am »

I am out of town right now but when I get back I have a few ideas to throw out there. Lot of good ideas in here.

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 10:36:06 am »

i am a casual

UW has never been an option to me in my mind. i wouldn't mind bleeding edge content require UW. please dont make UW a requirement for zone X if zone X is not the current top tier zone.

i know people put a lot of time in to their UW and i respect that. It is hard to balance around it. i am glad i only play the game. i don't have to program it to make everyone happy.

game breaking > UW > Epic
Walls

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 11:12:54 am »

its tough to change UW because a lot of people have donated money myself included to make theirs. Its not just a time effort but real donations.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:15:58 am by Walls » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »

Ladies/gents/trolls:

Save the UW discussion for another thread. This will be addressed in a VERY open manner in a month or so. For now, just leave it be and focus on the original post.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 12:23:57 pm »

Well, guess I will throw 2cents out here on the uw topic.

1. It is not needed for progression.  I will not put that statement towards t9 since I am not there atm.

Saying UW isn't needed for progression is like saying vehicle transportion is not needed by anyone to get to work. It's a mythical utopian universe you are living in.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »

Ladies/gents/trolls:

Save the UW discussion for another thread. This will be addressed in a VERY open manner in a month or so. For now, just leave it be and focus on the original post.

-Hate

I had a nice long post typed up before this was posted, but it looks like that will be going in a word document for now.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 12:49:56 pm »

Sorry Hate wasn't trying to beat the hornets nest.  I removed my post.

Tankdan, just remember that a lot of people progressed into t8 with no UW, so your statement is flawed.  Also, that analogy for transportation, is way off and incorrect.  There are millions on this planet that walk to work everyday.

But I will digress and let everyone know I wasn't trying to troll.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 01:15:55 pm »

Sorry Hate wasn't trying to beat the hornets nest.  I removed my post.

Tankdan, just remember that a lot of people progressed into t8 with no UW, so your statement is flawed.  Also, that analogy for transportation, is way off and incorrect.  There are millions on this planet that walk to work everyday.

But I will digress and let everyone know I wasn't trying to troll.

Fuzzy,

Don't worry friend. I am not upset at all. Just trying to keep conversation on topic and in a positive direction. There will be plenty of aggression/pissing/shouting/puppy-kicking when it comes times to address the UW. :-)

You also don't need to hide/remove your posts. No one is going to get crucified or punished.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260