Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:40:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Updates 04/28/14  (Read 39471 times)
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2014, 11:33:12 am »

call of the void was proccing on every melee hit on me. for 300k or so with 2600+ resists.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:31 pm »

Marxist,

All the -strike, trigger, and proc effects were set to -9999 resist diff. This includes Firestrike, Icestrike, Ninjastrike, Piratestrike (mana neck), Taelosian Fury (zerk proc), and Call of the Void procs.

Again, as I posted a moment ago, I'll look into and remove it shortly. Call of the Void is disruptive in both the damage and cosmetic aspects.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08:55 pm »

morning, groggy, sorry for being a little pissy.  Anyways, that was the only issue i saw.  Rest was far less tedious than previous clears.  Taelosian fury is not set at -9999, i resisted every cast also.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2014, 12:31:17 pm »

morning, groggy, sorry for being a little pissy.  Anyways, that was the only issue i saw.  Rest was far less tedious than previous clears.  Taelosian fury is not set at -9999, i resisted every cast also.

Taelosian actually is, but the spellfile has not been pushed yet. So it may appear as resisting but is actually damaging you. I've got a few more spells to add today and I'll push the new spellfile tonight (which will be 100% live with reboot).

-Hate

Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2014, 12:46:24 pm »

Anyone who thinks they are Entitled to Anything in an Emulated Ancient game deserves to Not be taken seriously...

Thats kind of a shit attitude, I worked extremely hard to get my main group all to 1400+ resists, that included UC'ing 6 characters, doing the SoT quest to leve 5, yes I actually did the stupid quest and didn't just wait til halloween and grinding out 400+ HR in stones before Hate made the changes to TOFS. I earned that 1400 resist level and now its down to 1188 or so.

As for Hate, I love the changes you've been doing, I hated the fact that resists were as big a deal as they were, I understand still needing them but looking at the leaderboards and seeing 4000-5000 resists was pretty discouraging. I hope though, that there will be other ways to get HR up besides "LOL farm stones" maybe even adding a few points to tiered armor would help out a lot.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2014, 01:02:23 pm »

He already added stones to every tier with this update. You may have to tofs farm for a day to get your warrior caught up if he's behind, but tofs progression is just as important as tier progression. The rewards from tofs are generally higher in stat value than their corresponding tier, and the resist gains will make tier progression so much easier when you go back to work on that.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »

Anyone who thinks they are Entitled to Anything in an Emulated Ancient game deserves to Not be taken seriously...

Thats kind of a shit attitude, I worked extremely hard to get my main group all to 1400+ resists, that included UC'ing 6 characters, doing the SoT quest to leve 5, yes I actually did the stupid quest and didn't just wait til halloween and grinding out 400+ HR in stones before Hate made the changes to TOFS. I earned that 1400 resist level and now its down to 1188 or so.

As for Hate, I love the changes you've been doing, I hated the fact that resists were as big a deal as they were, I understand still needing them but looking at the leaderboards and seeing 4000-5000 resists was pretty discouraging. I hope though, that there will be other ways to get HR up besides "LOL farm stones" maybe even adding a few points to tiered armor would help out a lot.

Hampage,

Red: Resists across the board are being cut down. Although you have a lesser literal value, the effective value has increased a fair bit.

Orange: HR stones are uncommon drops in tiers, the ToFS stones are now floor based (floor 1 drops rank 1, floor 2 drops rank 2, floor 3 drops rank 3, etc), and there will be a few adjustments/additions to spells/songs to help slightly.

The UC, Sceptre of Time, UWs, and Earring of the Ages (I think that's all) were all adjusted due to their HIGH resist values. I want the resists to be important but less hilariously high. Case in point, T8 used to be ~4k or die.

Hopefully that made sense and helped to clear up things. Your literal resist number went down but your effective resists are slightly higher than they were before. There may be an item or two that I missed and I will get it corrected. Overall, it should be a slightly more measured approach to resists than suddenly needing 2-3x your current resist for the next tier.

-Hate

clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2014, 01:53:33 pm »

Saying you shouldn't be entitled to items earned in an MMO via donation is not the same thing as saying you Earned items through hard work.  Perhaps my comment was a bit broad, but multi's last sentence regarding donations hit a nerve with me, and some other's (clearly).  These threads have been created for intelligent discussion regarding issues/concerns/ideas.  Besides a handful of posts, that is what is happening, and will produce far better results than flaming/rude attacks.
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2014, 05:14:35 pm »

I may have jumped the gun there, it just seemed that anyone who brought up the new lower resists was being piled on in this thread as entitled, I guess I skimmed the part where people complained about donating for items.

Hate, I get what your doing and like I said, I appreciate it, thats why I said it was disheartening to see the leaderboards for resists, as a casual player I knew I'd never be able to get to 4000-5000 or beyond. I'm glad that resists requirements are being lowered, and if my lower raw numbers give me the same or even better protection in the tier I'm in T5, ToFS 3, then I'm all for it!
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »

Based on the info hate has posted, it looks like those resist checks will come down for your box Hampage.  Also tiers are now dropping resist augs.  If you are in T5 I believe you should be seeing rank 5 resist augs dropping.  ToFS floor 7 (unless it has been changed) only drops rank 3/4's.  That should really help you out.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2014, 08:29:01 pm »

Based on the info hate has posted, it looks like those resist checks will come down for your box Hampage.  Also tiers are now dropping resist augs.  If you are in T5 I believe you should be seeing rank 5 resist augs dropping.  ToFS floor 7 (unless it has been changed) only drops rank 3/4's.  That should really help you out.

Yellow: 7s should be dropping on floor 7, unless I botched the script.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »

I can attest that 6 is dropping 6s.

Oh, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 09:44:30 pm »

Oh, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries.

That's it. We're done. We have won the game of life.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2014, 11:05:37 am »

So just to understand where things are....resist levels across the board from items are reduced, and the amount of resists needed to completely resist a spell was increased....or made unresistable? And the rec/req numbers are just for partials? Because all across the game through T7 with 2100 resists I'm getting snared, dispelled, mez'd, etc. and box chars are getting owned in most zones with 1800ish resists.

Not tryin to pick on ya Hate....but I thought the point of lowering resists on the items was to lower the ridiculously high requirements for resists...but those requirements from what I am seeing have gone way up.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2014, 11:08:42 am »

Also more than a few reporting that they resist almost nothing in HoH at 1500.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)