Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:32:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Updates 04/28/14  (Read 39316 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 11:14:23 am »

interesting ooc talk today. Everyone, including myself can't understand why the nerf to items to "lower the ridiculous resist requirements" and then raising the base resists on spells only to force us to farm more resists than what we previously had ?

Example. Tofs all floors you would resists EVERYTHING with 1600 except Tessa. Now you can't make it past 5th floor w/that number?

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2014, 11:18:09 am »

Some were saying 2300+ to resist the AE in ToFS5. Thats 700 more than before....after resists across the board were reduced from items.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2014, 11:37:10 am »

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2014, 10:19:40 pm »

Huh. Ok, then. Looks as if my team will be spending some more time in ToFS, I guess.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 12:58:52 am »

So just to understand where things are....resist levels across the board from items are reduced, and the amount of resists needed to completely resist a spell was increased....or made unresistable? And the rec/req numbers are just for partials? Because all across the game through T7 with 2100 resists I'm getting snared, dispelled, mez'd, etc. and box chars are getting owned in most zones with 1800ish resists.

Not tryin to pick on ya Hate....but I thought the point of lowering resists on the items was to lower the ridiculously high requirements for resists...but those requirements from what I am seeing have gone way up.

interesting ooc talk today. Everyone, including myself can't understand why the nerf to items to "lower the ridiculous resist requirements" and then raising the base resists on spells only to force us to farm more resists than what we previously had ?

Example. Tofs all floors you would resists EVERYTHING with 1600 except Tessa. Now you can't make it past 5th floor w/that number?

Some were saying 2300+ to resist the AE in ToFS5. Thats 700 more than before....after resists across the board were reduced from items.

As I have stated an ungodly amount of times, the way that resists have change in the source update. The previous "it all hits or it all misses" does not apply since the way resists are handled has been re-written in the source code. As a result, you will see spells that still land when you are 2-3x their resist level.

Furthermore, I'm still completely confused on where the problem is right now. The mobs do a SHIT TON less damage, you are no longer cockblocked by spells if you don't have X amount of resist, and the game as a whole has become a hell of a lot easier. If you want to go back to having an ungodly amount of resist that is required to even survive a single pull, that can certainly be arranged but what is fun about that?

For those wanting to hit that "immune" point again, it no longer exists. The figures I've posted, as I've tried to explain numerous times, are not literal requirements for success/failure. The new resist calculation makes it much harder to exactly define the point of high safety (i.e. point where resists are high enough to take almost 0 damage).

I would like to know where these "Some where saying 2300+ to resist AE in ToFS5" is coming from. Also, what AoE in ToFS5?

tl;dr - The resist or die is gone. The get X resist and go immune is gone.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:56 am »

Certain spells are landing almost every time without having an unresistable check, that seems broken. We are only trying to provide feedback. Treants in t7 are also procing a ranger ability hitting for 110 million dmg. And overall we have to kill tons and tons of trash mobs, would rather have harder boss encounters with mechanics that didn't just involve an assist button than every one of those trash mobs casting spells that are no more than an annoyance (like having 1 toon randomly snared out of 18, etc).
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2014, 08:47:32 am »

Yeah, partials I can understand, Hate....but not seeing partials. Seeing my group being melted by spells that before werent a problem.

The point I was trying to make is that the way things are now isnt an improvement (at least not in my view, on the runs I've made since the changes). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop looking at negative feedback as an attack on you.....its not. Its feedback. Figured you'd wanna know.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2014, 08:49:14 am »

And I think the thing that bothers me most is that because of the way NPC spells now behave the days of multiple pulls in some of these zones are gone....which really slows the game way down for many.

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2014, 09:00:28 am »

Yep! Especially t7 being so big and so many mobs with that short repop time.

Btw Ithi the venom or w/e his name is hit a few of us for 12 million on a pull. Mortally wounded was the text.

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2014, 09:00:32 am »

On the plus side.....dps across the board is a lot better Cheesy Thanks for the work on this, HB.....cant be easy. Especially listening to people like me givin ya sheet!

(and sorry, but that should in no way encourage you to believe I will cease doing so Cheesy)

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2014, 09:01:40 am »

Keeze, thats the ranger bow click.....Ikky is a ranger NPC. The mobs seem to proc mortal wound (which I think is 1% chance on bow click) a hell of a lot more than 1%.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:21 am »

Yeah, partials I can understand, Hate....but not seeing partials. Seeing my group being melted by spells that before werent a problem.

The point I was trying to make is that the way things are now isnt an improvement (at least not in my view, on the runs I've made since the changes). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop looking at negative feedback as an attack on you.....its not. Its feedback. Figured you'd wanna know.

Red: What spells?

Orange: I'm not. I'm irritated because lots of QQ but no metrics/numbers. Gimme data or get back to grinding. :-)

And I think the thing that bothers me most is that because of the way NPC spells now behave the days of multiple pulls in some of these zones are gone....which really slows the game way down for many.

Abyss now has guaranteed random boss.

Anguish end boss allows a small amount of trash to be left up.

Loping Plains goobers saw health drop.

Temple of Veeshan NPC health pools got raped (while UC damage stayed the same).

Tower of Frozen Shadow NPCs lost a lot of Stonewall on bosses, full heal every 25%, gate at 10%, and GREATLY increased chances of spawning a boss.

Other than maybe the ability for a solo warrior to pull huge sections of a zone without any assistance, I'm just not seeing this "making the game slower".

Yep! Especially t7 being so big and so many mobs with that short repop time.

Btw Ithi the venom or w/e his name is hit a few of us for 12 million on a pull. Mortally wounded was the text.

Keeze, thats the ranger bow click.....Ikky is a ranger NPC. The mobs seem to proc mortal wound (which I think is 1% chance on bow click) a hell of a lot more than 1%.

Rangers are bitches. Go for the groin.

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:40 am »

Before the changes......pull Damlin and Administrator and their guards in T6, no issue. Now.....rez or run back from FG. Pull sections of T7 at a time (20 to 30 mobs) before, not an issue. Now....pull more than 5 or 6 and rez. Mobs in T6 die slightly faster than before, but not by much. T7 mobs for me dont die any faster.....in fact they seem to die a bit slower.

I cant speak for others, but for me T6 and T7 are harder now than they were before. I cant give you any solid numbers other than the fact that prior to the changes I had set farming clusters I'd pull in T6 and T7 that werent that big of a deal if I was just there to grind out some drops, cash or AA. Now those same clusters result in dead boxes, dead tank. The only metric I can give you right now is 5 or 6 times as many LOADING, PLEASE WAIT....

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:53 am »

While I'm inclined to take the good with the bad and keep my mouth shut, the sentiment that I'm getting is that maybe things are moving a little too quickly, too soon, and with things that weren't viewed as "broken" to begin with. You can't argue against the good, but the good doesn't necessarily make the bad "right".

Hunter rarely made more than one or two changes at a time and I really think there was some solid wisdom in that approach, even if people might be butthurt about certain issues for a little while.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2014, 11:26:55 am »

While I'm inclined to take the good with the bad and keep my mouth shut, the sentiment that I'm getting is that maybe things are moving a little too quickly, too soon, and with things that weren't viewed as "broken" to begin with. You can't argue against the good, but the good doesn't necessarily make the bad "right".

Hunter rarely made more than one or two changes at a time and I really think there was some solid wisdom in that approach, even if people might be butthurt about certain issues for a little while.

Fair enough. I'll finish T9 and then vanish until T10.

-Hate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260