Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:22:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: NPC Skin of Drake  (Read 23039 times)
Deciimus

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:48:42 am »

So this past weekend a buddy and I were grinding away in Abyss when we spawned Tricholoma. To set the stage here - my group is War/Cleric/Monk/Zerk/Bard/Pal - War/Pal have UC1, rest are still working on it. All have at the very least up to their Strike5's done, few up to Strike7.

So my group has no problem with the namers in Abyss so far, no real issues till I come upon this guy. Grind him down to about 34%, look away from the screen and look back and BAM. 100%. So I grind him back down and this time - I notice that around 34-35% - he starts healing back super fast. Figure he's cast Skin of Drake on himself since he's a druid type mob. So round 3, I wait for the casting emote and start stunning/bashing. No joy - mob "continues casting" and back to 100%. Round 4 - stun/bash, mob continues casting still... so i try to dispell but with the cast time on dispell - by the time it hits, hes' 100% again. Round 5 - i get lucky with a dispell with what seemed like instantly after he cast it so this time he's only 45% health... by the time i grind him back down to 34% again - boom, "continues casting" and back up to 100%.

Is Drake a bit much of an advantage for some of these mobs? There's no indication to see when ti's up or when it's been successfully dispelled and he seems to be able to instantly cast it with no down time - only way we beat it is me having my buddy bring his group over and the 12 of us just eventually overpowered the heals with dps. Took forever but would have not been possible without the 6 extra people.

Can anyone tell me if I'm just sincerely missing something here or is this something that can garnish an extra look? Thx.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:56:53 am »

So this past weekend a buddy and I were grinding away in Abyss when we spawned Tricholoma. To set the stage here - my group is War/Cleric/Monk/Zerk/Bard/Pal - War/Pal have UC1, rest are still working on it. All have at the very least up to their Strike5's done, few up to Strike7.

So my group has no problem with the namers in Abyss so far, no real issues till I come upon this guy. Grind him down to about 34%, look away from the screen and look back and BAM. 100%. So I grind him back down and this time - I notice that around 34-35% - he starts healing back super fast. Figure he's cast Skin of Drake on himself since he's a druid type mob. So round 3, I wait for the casting emote and start stunning/bashing. No joy - mob "continues casting" and back to 100%. Round 4 - stun/bash, mob continues casting still... so i try to dispell but with the cast time on dispell - by the time it hits, hes' 100% again. Round 5 - i get lucky with a dispell with what seemed like instantly after he cast it so this time he's only 45% health... by the time i grind him back down to 34% again - boom, "continues casting" and back up to 100%.

Is Drake a bit much of an advantage for some of these mobs? There's no indication to see when ti's up or when it's been successfully dispelled and he seems to be able to instantly cast it with no down time - only way we beat it is me having my buddy bring his group over and the 12 of us just eventually overpowered the heals with dps. Took forever but would have not been possible without the 6 extra people.

Can anyone tell me if I'm just sincerely missing something here or is this something that can garnish an extra look? Thx.

Monk epics have a click dispel, enchanters have a near instant HIGHLY powerful dispel, and numerous classes have Cancel Magic.

The cooldown is ~30s if memory serves.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

Thanks man - I'll give it a go tonight if I can and report back.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »

Bards have a dispel song. That is my weapon of choice for skin. I have only encountered skin from "Pride" in t7. So before I pull, I just make the bard twist dispel only and play from the monk's screen. As soon as her hp starts going up, just click epic. The problem you run into with dispelling is druid mobs tend to have quite a few buffs on themselves before you get down to dispelling skin on their buff list.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:58:50 pm by Kruciel » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:03:01 pm »

If you are running an enchanter, Blast of Vulnerability is a lovely way to say "STOP @#%$ING HEALING!" in 1 click.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:33:54 pm »

Awesome - so if bard is twisting dispell the entire time and then monk dispell should be primed and ready to nab the skin instantly.

Thanks for the input guys. Now looking forward to it.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 01:35:47 pm »

If you are running an enchanter, Blast of Vulnerability is a lovely way to say "STOP @#%$ING HEALING!" in 1 click.

-Hate

we all run chanters hate, they are the defenders of the zone in Cheesy
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 01:45:40 pm »

Mines not!!! Main group status!

Keeze
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

Parsed on either the dummy or on boss fights my chanter pet does more dps than a UC2 strike 9 ranger Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 03:03:23 pm »

Parsed on either the dummy or on boss fights my chanter pet does more dps than a UC2 strike 9 ranger Cheesy

inc nerfs!

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 03:28:16 pm »

Well, yeah, but they were coming anyway. Hate plans to reduce melee speed on the pets (which was why they were such amazing dps....11 times as many procs as a player per minute). Her's going to find a way to compensate the damage, though.

Honestly, while I think the changes he has planned for pets sound pretty damned good I dont see why the DPS should be nerfed. While the pet dps is pretty damned heavy its situational, in a way. Need to get the mana neck to proc, and need to keep the pet alive. Its pretty well balanced as it is....and from what he's describing it'll stay so after he makes the changes.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 03:51:27 pm »

Its been awhile since i remember a pet/dmg discussion going around but couldn't White dmg on the pet just be raised? I want to say at one point this was NOT possible due to coding or something of the such, but the same was said for white dmg on weapons for toons and that has changed, so... That may be a avenue.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 06:44:16 pm »

Nah, I like the fact that you need to spend cash and resources the same way melee do for augs  to get pets to the point that they are decent dps. As it stands IMO works perfect. Only issue is balancing damage after hate slows down the pets.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 01:51:51 am »

actually comparbly buffed the dps is similar, but that is a problem as you can have a uc1 on mage and need a ucv2 on the melee to be comparable (pet wins slightly atm)
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:58 am »

From talking to Hate I think he intends to address that issue.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439