Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: NPC Skin of Drake  (Read 23041 times)
Xatok

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 03:07:12 pm »

I'm just breaking into T5, and the Skin of the Drake on druid bosses is not a problem for me. The main difference between your group and mine is that I'm using an enchanter for dispells. On beginning the fight, I cast a chanter dispell, and as soon as I see some large spike of heal (generally the same 35%->44% spike you see) I cast enchanter dispell again. The npc never casts it again before it dies, lasting maybe 15-30 seconds after that. I do have an entire group on your setup though, but I have never witnessed the same behavior of the mob instantly casting the spell again before dying. Are you actually taking around 30 seconds to get the mob back down to 35% after first seeing the skin cast?

Deciimus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »

Counted it off last night (had many chances!). Anywhere from 18-22 seconds and poof, recast at 34%.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

so we have established that enchanter dispel is needed to progress past t5 now?

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 04:31:08 pm »

Skin of the Drake on NPC's is insane. I have a group of 11 toons, 1 group UC2 Stike aug 9/10s, other group mostly UC1 and strike 7/8s and T7 tree mobs are ridiculous. with all 11 toons beating on 1 tree i cannot beat out regen from SotD. 3 or so annuls will help but it seems as if they can also cast in on other npcs, so any larger pulls 5 or more u might as well give up and just die. Same scenerio it seems as what people are saying about T5, T7 has got to be near impossible to new players to the zone.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:16 pm »

Don't pull 5 trees then? Smiley

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 05:27:10 pm »

I have never had a pull I could not kill in t7....that being said I have had some very long fights when 6+ trees popped when I was already pulling others.... probably a 20 min fight.

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 05:54:30 pm »

Don't pull 5 trees then? Smiley

I don't
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »

By the way of you pull all the trees and then watch them chain heal.. then bitch to HB about it.. he will laugh..  mobs will and do assist each other..  /cough
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:10:17 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »

So it's ok  for a single mobs regen so much that a full t7  6 man with strike 9 and 10s can barely keep up? Doesn't seem right to me.
It's fine for me I can handle it, but not sure how a player new to t7 will do it without help.
Change it or not I don't care, but it will be a roadblock to players new to t7 or I guess we start seeing more 18 boxers.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 12:03:21 am »

but it will be a roadblock to players new to t7 or I guess we start seeing more 18 boxers.

I think that's the end game goal. Less grind, more challenge = increased boxing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:04:53 am by Quaglin45 » Logged
gagem

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 12:37:34 am »

If you are running an enchanter, Blast of Vulnerability is a lovely way to say "STOP @#%$ING HEALING!" in 1 click.

-Hate

Not to nitpick, but chanters don't get that spell till T5 and mine doesn't have it yet (went back and made one just at the wrong time I guess), unable to kill a druid boss with a 12 box and full strike augs lvl 5 or better, 2 UW's (5 and 3 lvl) and bard, monk doing there thing as posted.

Don't like asking for help so just working the strike augs all up to 6.  T5 is the place where plp quit, and that's fine, but this is currently un-reasonable and unbalanced.  Just my 2cents, I figured it would get fixed but so far not Sad

G
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 10:24:37 am »

Skin of the Drake on NPC's is insane. I have a group of 11 toons, 1 group UC2 Stike aug 9/10s, other group mostly UC1 and strike 7/8s and T7 tree mobs are ridiculous. with all 11 toons beating on 1 tree i cannot beat out regen from SotD. 3 or so annuls will help but it seems as if they can also cast in on other npcs, so any larger pulls 5 or more u might as well give up and just die. Same scenerio it seems as what people are saying about T5, T7 has got to be near impossible to new players to the zone.

So it's ok  for a single mobs regen so much that a full t7  6 man with strike 9 and 10s can barely keep up? Doesn't seem right to me.
It's fine for me I can handle it, but not sure how a player new to t7 will do it without help.
Change it or not I don't care, but it will be a roadblock to players new to t7 or I guess we start seeing more 18 boxers.

Skin of the Drake is the same ranks you gents use. It is a defensive proc. More hits = more heals = higher HPS. 18 boxing makes it worse.

My problem with the bit in red is this:

I'm just breaking into T5, and the Skin of the Drake on druid bosses is not a problem for me. The main difference between your group and mine is that I'm using an enchanter for dispells. On beginning the fight, I cast a chanter dispell, and as soon as I see some large spike of heal (generally the same 35%->44% spike you see) I cast enchanter dispell again. The npc never casts it again before it dies, lasting maybe 15-30 seconds after that. I do have an entire group on your setup though, but I have never witnessed the same behavior of the mob instantly casting the spell again before dying. Are you actually taking around 30 seconds to get the mob back down to 35% after first seeing the skin cast?

I have never had a pull I could not kill in t7....that being said I have had some very long fights when 6+ trees popped when I was already pulling others.... probably a 20 min fight.

so we have established that enchanter dispel is needed to progress past t5 now?

No, just making a suggestion. Blast of Vulnerability = dispel x3 per cast.

but it will be a roadblock to players new to t7 or I guess we start seeing more 18 boxers.

I think that's the end game goal. Less grind, more challenge = increased boxing.

Less grind and more challenge = increased boxing? What? Increasing the boxing is more grinding and would actually make the problem worse. As more hits = more heals on Skin.

Not to nitpick, but chanters don't get that spell till T5 and mine doesn't have it yet (went back and made one just at the wrong time I guess), unable to kill a druid boss with a 12 box and full strike augs lvl 5 or better, 2 UW's (5 and 3 lvl) and bard, monk doing there thing as posted.

Don't like asking for help so just working the strike augs all up to 6.  T5 is the place where plp quit, and that's fine, but this is currently un-reasonable and unbalanced.  Just my 2cents, I figured it would get fixed but so far not Sad

G

See the replies above, Skin of the Drake is a defensive proc. More hits = more procs = more healing (higher HPS). As for it be unable to play, I am unsure of that statement. I've got 1 forum poster and 1 player claiming (and proving) otherwise.

I'll try to log my grunts in and start working T7 on Monday. If my terribad group can make progress, there is no excuse. I won't be using hax/gm-commands/summoned gear, it's still my barely finished T6 group.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 11:10:27 am »

BoV is a T5 spell though...

I know I'm running primary grp 3 uw9 melee toons and I watch myself get lockdown on t7 where I had to click all my savageonslaugts and monk discs/clicky just to kill this shit. My problem was overpulling and them assisting each other but it was a nightmare to watch my toons 10 mins trying to kill a train it was a stalemate.

Skin of Drake might be one of those Hella OP when used on NPC just because a lot of players don't have out of tier DPS.

Players keep saying just do this and that.. all the same players that are overtiered..  

T5 should be able to be done with 4.0/4.5s strikes 4 and 5 few scattered UCs and the holy trio + DPS not UWs/T5Spells+/Clickies galore..  

Also what Drakeskin and other heals are slowing zones way way down for retarded geared toons (as in way overtiered) when they just all just cast Vivication and CH on the mob your attacking watching a stalemate.. Even with 3 UW toons and 2 Zerks shit has slowed way down for me.. so I cant imagine how long its going to take avg joe player to even get 1 bat to pop let alone the other bosses..

Not QQ just giving perspective.  

I think there is an over assumption of DPS of normal day to day grps (not the players who have no lives like me jk don't get heartache  Grin)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:15:51 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 11:38:26 am »

I might be losing my mind but mobs do heal eachother... So here is what I have been doing...pull one SOTD mob and 1 none SOTD mob....beat the non SOTD mob down to 34%...he then gets skin cast on him....I then switch all dps to the SOTD mob and beat him down when its on cool down....

neat and easy..no need to dispel....

sure you cant do this with 50 mob pulls..but for just puttering around t7 and poping bats it works fine...

I dont think t7 is a problem as it is....we have the tools at this level to handle the heals....it would be t5 that our options are more limited.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43:08 am »

Just checked the NPC spells. It's not even Skin of the Drake. It appears everyone has spell casts filtered out.

IT'S CHLOROBON!

It was healing for ~20% of the hp every 20 seconds. Skin of the Drake was on a 90 second cooldown from ~3 days ago. I increased this to 35 seconds (but may need reboot to take effect).

lol "NPC Skin of the Drake is OP"

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats